ferrari testarossa competition evolution cabrio! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

ferrari testarossa competition evolution cabrio!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by tacoz4sale, Mar 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Welcome James, Do you know of any Testarossa convertibles for sale now ?

I heard your shop did some Testa Rossa replicas also. Any news on those ? Thanks

2. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I am so so so so happy to see those pics! Haven't seen them since Road & Track issue!

Does Koenig still do those conversions? Thinking some day I may buy a TR and do a hatchet job on it and recreate the blue on. I love that car minus the gold on the wheels.

3. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Also, anyone know the wheel mfg and sizes of wheel and tires? That was my original question about the car awhile back.

4. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    You can buy the wheels from Koenig. I have a Koenig kit on my 512TR race car, it uses 335 rears & 275 fronts I believe

5. billh

billh Karting

May 2, 2002
    central mass
    Full Name:
    Bill Henderson
    WilliamH,

Are you going to be at Limerock this year with the Ferrari days event???? I have to see your Race 512 and introduce myself.

Bill H.

6. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Koenig's current wheels don't match the old ones. Hamann has some that are close that I love. Also I think those are 17 inchers and not 18's. At the time the F40 was out so I bet they are same tire sizes as F40 245's in front and 335's in rear on 17 x 13 rears and 17 x9'ish fronts.

7. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Yes I do plan on attending w both 512TRs, look forwards to meeting you

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Mr. Van Der Meer, do you live in Dunwoody Georgia, or did you in the past? I think I bought your Ferrari from FoA.

9. jhjvdm

jhjvdm Formula Junior

May 28, 2003
    To Tifosi69:

No, I live in the Netherlands and do not have any connection with the Koenig

Ferrari - I only have the pictures I liked to share with you.

I attach another photo with a view into the engine bay.

Greetings,

Joop van der Meer

10. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

I may see you too. Will you be attending the vintage festival too?

11. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    When is the LRP Vintage fest? I'd love to go but I think if its in August I might be back in Miami back then

12. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    75321 is not a Testarossa chassis/serial number...
    S/N (ZFFXA20A4J00)75321 is a US spec 328 GTS, 1988 model, for sale in 1988 at Ogner Ferrari, Woodland Hills, California as a new car; red with tan leather; later for sale in June of 2000 at Newport Autosport in Newport Beach, California, still red with tan leather; 19,876 miles.

S/N (ZFFSG17A2J00)75312 is a 1988 US spec Testarossa, for sale, new, January, 1988 @ Symbolic in LaJolla, California; at that time it was Blue Sera with Cream leather; in November of 1988 the car was spotted at FAF Motercars (now Ferrari of Atlanta), Tucker Georgia... At that time it was a spider conversion with Koenig features; still blue with cream leather... In November of 1989, it was for sale @ Walnut Creek Ferrari, Walnut Creek, California, still blue over cream, advertised as having a twin turbo supercharged engine and 5,000 miles...

13. jhjvdm

jhjvdm Formula Junior

May 28, 2003
    NNO,

You are perfectly right about the serial number. In my initial post I probably

mistyped it. Luckily the pictures show the right number.

Sorry and thanks for the correction!

Joop van der Meer

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Joop, LOL, it wasn't until AFTER i'd posted that i realized yours was a typo; it was then that i saw the correct serial number at the bottom of the pictures and realized you probably just inverted the last two digits... :)