Ferrari Testarossa Icona | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Testarossa Icona

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 444sp, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Absolutely this is true. Could not have said it better. Any aged girl or boy can push little bat ears to make the car shift or just put it in auto. Stick manuals control the car better and are much safer to get back under control if the back tires get out from under it. Lose control of a paddle car and you will find yourself with a destroyed car, lose it on a manual simply lift the throttle the car comes perfectly back in control.They are the real thing.

turbo-joe likes this.
  2. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
  3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Ferrari is supposedly to announce a car to fit below the 488/T8 model, implied to be a Dino like car.

Perhaps they would offer that in a manual.

MOSS likes this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Recently ,some reliable people stated a V12 rear mid engined testarossa like is in the pipeline ,
    Does someone has more informations about this ?

5. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
  6. dickyb

dickyb Rookie

Feb 2, 2012
    UK
    One of the last Ferraris to be offered with the option of a manual transmission was the California, supposedly only around 6 were ordered with the manual option. As a result I think Ferrari were able to determine that the demand for manual cars was so low it wasn’t worth developing them for future models. The 599 was also offered with a manual and again, uptake was minimal. As a result I would imagine the chances of a mainstream Ferrari being offered with a manual transmission in the future are very slim. As has been mentioned already, whilst us older guys prefer a manual and are prepared to pay a premium for it on the used market, the unfortunate reality is that those buying new cars want the fastest and easiest to drive versions which tragically means automated gearboxes. unfortunately, for a lot of buyers it’s all about bragging rights and on-paper performance figures rather than actual driving enjoyment. You also have to bear in mind that it’s much harder to get a manual car to comply with emissions and economy regulations whereas the automated transmissions can be tweaked with software etc. I guess in the future it will be harder to integrate a manual transmission with hybrid power trains.

The demand and price premium for the manual versions of older cars is perhaps due to their rarity, supply and demand. I’m sure if Ferrari were to offer a limited run manual car they’d sell out immediately but perhaps that would be due to investment potential rather than the fact that it was manual, after all if Ferrari were to offer a limited run of dog **** with a Ferrari badge on it, speculators would be climbing all over each other to get one.

Porsche and Aston Martin continue to offer manual versions but I think the PDK & auto versions still make up the majority of cars sold so perhaps their days are numbered.

I will always prefer a manual as will many others and personally I would never want to own a paddleshift car, even if it was faster. I guess we will have to accept that it will mean we will be restricted to driving older cars whilst the PlayStation generation beat us in their soul less, clinical modern cars - but who will be having the most fun?

Natan Tazelaar, sherrillt and MOSS like this.
  7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you may be right but most people like to have always the newest things and later they see the "old stuff" have been better but not longer available