Ferrari Testarossa - Value / trends and driving impressions | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Testarossa - Value / trends and driving impressions

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by James in Denver, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    #26 James in Denver, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Just an FYI, Doug IS a member here... :)

Not sure when he last logged on...

Also, he's review appears to be somewhat "tongue in cheek" as he KNOWS about Fcars, I think ALL his reviews are a bit melodramatic.

I saw the one he did recently on the VW Thing, hilllllllarious!

You certainly can ask him, he posted just above you! :)

James in Denver

EDIT TO ADD:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/members/42072.html

Doug's profile, I think... :)

2. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ah! Small World! Ok, what's the deal? :)

3. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    He missed the best part if the strakes. That they are alternating thicknesses to look the same thickness when viewing from the side. An optical illusion.

The slow windows had me laughing out loud.

4. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Nice attitude. Don't need to walk on eggshells. Can't you just have a little sense of humor? Geeze...

5. TRCo

TRCo Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tim
    So...i am intrigued now. Minor thing but he makes a point of pushing the up button and the windows go down. If I push the up on mine the windows do indeed go up. Which is normal?

6. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    I'll try....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Xtk7ALaUI[/ame]

7. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    #32 godabitibi, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Just inverted wires. Amazing how some of the mechanics that work on these cars are careless. How can you finish a job and leave it like this?

This point also show how this guy know nothing about cars. He's just having fun driving them and making comments.

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Same color combo as my 400i 5-speed. Grey looks great on a TR....esp with red.

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Yeah, Doug is a bit annoying. I don't get some of his flabbergasted expressions on things that don't quite deserve the reaction. Why did he spend time talking about how the mousetrap seatbelts are an "Italian car quirk"? I mean come on man. No labels on the door handles? Come on...

Great to see and hear a grey on red TR though!

10. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    keep in mind... the mouse seatbelts have nothing to do with 'Italian' anything, let alone quirks.

automatic restraints were mandated by US law.

but...
    don't burst Doug's life in Happyland.

rgds,
    Vincenzo

Wikipedia:
    "In 1984, the Reagan Administration reversed its course,[48] though in the meantime the original deadline had been extended; Elizabeth Dole, then Transportation Secretary, proposed that the two passive safety restraints be phased into vehicles gradually, from vehicle model year 1987 to vehicle model year 1990, when all vehicles would be required to have either automatic seat belts or driver side air bags."

11. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Yes, I knew that.....I thought everyone knew that. My 92 Corrado had them when I had it back in 95. (only car I've ever owned with them actually..) Hence, I'm not sure what Doug was thinking by even going down that route in the video. Wasn't even funny.

Anyway. Again, beautiful car... :)

12. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    ummmmm....
    apparently everybody knows - EXCEPT Doug

agreed - the car looks GREAT.

cheers,
    vincenzo

13. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    ... except for that missing cigarette lighter! :)

14. Shopcat

Shopcat Karting

Nov 14, 2015
    NLA
    Seriously, for someone calling everyone else too sensitive he sure seems sensitive about what a random guy on the internet thinks about his car...

15. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Nah. His videos are good.

16. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    The cigarette lighter is in the center compartment so I can use my phone charger. I find it funny that people are getting offended by a video on the internet. If someone here can make a better video than Doug, then go for it. Just enjoy the engine noise and the fact that the testarossa is still being appreciated. Most younger people these days like the faster flashier cars.

17. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I think his video are cool! Just not really serious for some more knowledged guys. He is fun but he has a lack of some car knowledge. I like his kid style of loving the car. Humoristic!

18. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    As a vintage car lover these videos are extremely important to me. I think you have to understand the audience that dog is speaking to. He talks about the corks because for today's millennial's and 16-year-old boys that want to do nothing but think about modern cars a seatbelt mouse, pop-up headlights, air horn and some of the other things that the testarossa has are extremely foreign to them. Kids these days did not grow up in a time where these things were in the norm, like us.

I love that he is explaining to a newer generation how important and fun and amazing vintage Ferrari's are. For me this is important as a collector of vintage cars and a person who ownes six vintage Ferrari's with three more on the horizon. I want the younger generation to appreciate them as much as I do or their art will be lost.

It's important that Doug can see/feel the special occasion that a vintage car can provide over the new cars. For me this is the most important element and something that Ferrari and other exotic car manufacturers have lost a little bit overtime.

I have owned multiple newer model Ferraris and recently just sold my F12 and replaced it with a BBI, and I couldn't be happier. The reason I did so is because of everything Doug explains while driving the testarossa, older cars are just more fun.

19. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #44 Enzo Belair, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That video was shot in Palos Verdes where I grew up and use to dream about owning a Testarossa. Here I am getting gas in Palos Verdes not to long ago in my TR, I also drove it to my old high school, a dream come true.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #45 Enzo Belair, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    nice pic

sure hope a gust of wind does not slam your rear cover down while you are fueling!

cheers,
    Vincenzo

22. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    Tempting the "flat battery gods" by refueling with the lights still on?

23. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Imagine if you had the lighter plugged in - the reviewer guy would have been amazed and said something like "A CIGARETTE LIGHTER??? IMAGINE! MAKING FIRE INSIDE YOUR CAR... ON PURPOSE!" :)

24. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    People here notice EVERYTHING for better or worse.

Your car looked awesome and the video was great!!! I'm always glad to see the Testarossa get press.

25. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    People here notice EVERYTHING for better or worse.

Your car looked awesome and the video was great!!! I'm always glad to see the Testarossa get press.