Ferrari to Audi | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari to Audi

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jim g, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I haven't seem any problems with the DSP trannsmission although I do know we have replaced two Tirtronics out of S4 in the past 4 months and two CVT (front drive, continually variable transmission) out of A4. Those are the only recurring problems I have seen at our store in the past twelve months.

The twin clutch would be a lot of fun if it could handle more hp but unfortunately due to the small clutch size, you can only have 250 hp running thru it. 4/100's of a second to complete at real manual tranny shift. Quick.

2. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Good post Audi guy. Im the proud driver of a 98.5 Audi A4 Quattro(m/s). The car has been perfect to me. I havent had one MAJOR problem with it. I highly recommend that if you haven’t driven an Audi Quattro, you do so ASAP. It will, like Audi guy said, change your opinion on all-wheel drive cars.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    And the Govt will be China :(

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    You're likely right.
    Best

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    rumors are sometimes just rumors. but in the passing on, the info sometimes gets distorted. would it make more sense that audi/vw might buy fiat, but that ferrari/maser would not be included in that sale? i think montezemolo and a few others have a definete interest in eventually taking over ferrari. between he, todt and schumi they could come up with a good chunk of the money needed, and by their reputations be able to bring in deutsche bank to finance the purchase. just a thought......

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Ross, I hope you are right.

7. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    It would not suprise me if Audi bought Ferrari within 3 years. I heard from a reliable source at the Detroit Auto Show that Audi was in discussions with Ferrari to buy the Maserati brand. However, why would Audi really want only Maserati? I would think that Audi would demand first shot at buying Ferrari when it is offered for sale.