Ferrari Today - There's Something Missing | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Today - There's Something Missing

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, Jul 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I followed Ferrari all through the 70's 80's 90's 00's till today. Back in the 70's very few people knew or heard of Ferrari and they were just a small exotic care company - and the racing team was always there - but not dominant....for me it was that Enzo was still running the show... after the Lauda years, and Scheckter in 79, it was a long wait for a winning streak, but Ferrari was always the popular choice at the Races... I was fortunate enough to go to a lot of races in the late 80's early 90's and over 1/2 the fans had Ferrari gear... they were just that popular... when Enzo Died, the huge run up on prices in road cars just escalated Ferrari to a new level ... they were always expensive - but it became more like art from an old master... I liken it to Picasso, you can still buy "originals" from his studio that are official Picasso giclee, or plates etc... made from the masters and they command a premium... to me that is what Ferrari cars are like. the Racing and its racing heritage is something you cant take away- even if they are in a losing patch.. they are still there... that is the mystique.

I do agree that there are too many being built today... but even still - they are pretty rare in the car world.

Gary Sandberg, jm2 and Rossocorsa1 like this.
  2. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

ummm..watch the Netflix series "Dexter."

Albeit, Dexter is a "good" serial killer saving humanity from itself though vigilante justice. But his emotional detachment and lack of commonly accepted feelings enables him to be truly impartial and objective.

I agree with your ( and TF's) overall assessment of Ferrari. The cars have gotten to the point where their capabilities can't really be enjoyed on the road:. For many reasons...some due to Ferrar others due to changing society and circumstances.

3. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Any room for religion/faith in a brain like that?