Ferrari Tool Kits & Accessories Picture Thread | FerrariChat

Ferrari Tool Kits & Accessories Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, Jan 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    One of the exceptional things about Ferrari's are the beautiful tool kits, jack sets and unique accessories they have come with over the decades, particularly some of the great vintage cars. Please share some of your favorites.

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Please share correct photos. I’d love to see what it’s supposed to look like.

6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It is hard to tell from the photographs, there are an incorrect number of wrenches and some are the wrong size. 250 toolkits had 2 screwdrivers, not 4; the lead hammer is later 365 type. It appears to be an outside plug 250 kit but plug wrench is for inside plug. Here is the image from the 250 GTE Owners Manual.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thanks for sharing. That’s the purpose of this thread, though, to date, I’m the only one who’s bothered to post anything.

375+ likes this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    You gotta love the grease gun.

9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    We are an army of two;)

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

It’s a very cool topic.

11. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
  12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Please share some photos of your cars tools and accessories.

13. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    My only tool kit story is also the story of my introduction to vintage Ferraris. The year was, I think, 2000 or 2001. I was looking at buying a 1960 PF coupe, 1637GT, from Garry Roberts in Costa Mesa. It was the first Ferrari ever imported to Japan. When I saw it, it had been painted white with what looked like a house paint brush. The deal was $50k for the car, or $60k for the car and the tool kit. I took one look at the tool kit and said, "You've got to be kidding me. $10,000 for these cheap ass tools?" I later ran the deal by Tom Shaughnessey, who if you know Tom, told me he'd pay $10k for the toolkit in a heartbeat. My restoration experience until then had been old British motorcycles, and I was stunned. Tom then explained, a PF got the same toolkit as a GTO or a SWB. Plus, back in the day, almost all the toolkits got stolen by the dockworkers. So if you wanted your car to be platinum and all you're missing is a toolkit, you'll pay whatever it takes.

Unfortunately, this experience convinced me vintage Ferraris were out of my league. If people were crazy enough to pay $10,000 for a bunch of old tools, other sports beckoned. So I passed on the car. Last I heard somebody did a hell of job restoring it, meaning a lot of money, and it is worth over ten times what I would have paid. I never found out what happened to that toolkit.

14. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Will do

15. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Hi
    I think the above F40 kit is missing a few of the original items.

The correct items that are present:
    the tool kit bag, the screwdrivers, the spanners and the large wheel nut socket.

The bits that are not original:
    The 3/8 ratchet, 3/8 extension, and spark plug socket - can't tell about the UJ from the picture. They should all be USAG:
    16mm spark plug socket - USAG CHROME VANADIUM EXTRA 279 MG
    3/8 EXTENSION - USAG CHROME VANADIUM EXTRA 236
    UJ - USAG CHROME VANADIUM EXTRA 241
    Ratchet - USAG CHROME VANADIUM EXTRA 237 3/8 (i have seen two different ratchets - one with the red insert, the other just black)

The tow eye hook looks like it is the one from a Testarossa, although i have seen this type in diagrams - the one below i have seen in several cars - but who knows its Ferrari, anything can happen.

MICHELIN VIGIL TIRE PRESSURE GAUGE WITH ORIGINAL BLACK BOX

The spare wheel pins should be in the original blue bag

The spare set of spark plugs should be in the original blue bag

The pliers should have the black anodized finished

THe round bulb/fuse holder - seen them in yellow, green and grey

hope this helps
    cheers Mark

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Thank you for contributing. Love these details.