Ferrari track cars (599XX Evo, FXX, FXX K) and their competitors | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari track cars (599XX Evo, FXX, FXX K) and their competitors

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Keen, Aug 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Until we see the finished article in running order, nothing 's certain. We 've heard ludicrous claims before...

2. jdmwerks

jdmwerks Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    I love the quote that claims the Valkyrie AMR Pro would place in the top 10 on an F1 race. Insanity.

3. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    it's been difficult for them to finish but eventually it will be complete and will be the benchmark in speed and technology, both the road version and the track only version. the FXX K Evo will struggle imo

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Only if 9 F1 cars ran... :D

350MH83 likes this.
  5. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    No disrespect to the great FXXK Evo, but the AM-RB offering should be ground breaking.

Having not attended, I can only say anecdotally this was the car everyone wanted to drive home. When the Gran Turissimo Edition Chiron Bugatti and the Senna GTR have a second row seat, something epic has happened.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud likes this.
  6. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    Yup I am afraid that while the FXXK Evo is amazing. The Valkyrie is beyond insane with the claimed potential it will have. Probably makes every other car on that list including AM's own Vulcan look slow in comparsion. I mean this thing is suppose to be closer to F1 experience of G forces which none on the OP's list can claim including the Zonda R what name I forget. And all cause Newey personally designed over seen the car so you can bet it will be out of the world experience to drive.

Keen likes this.
  7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The Valkyrie is a generation after the LaF/FXXK/Evo. I don't think it's a fair comparison. The 918, P1, and LaFerrari were groundbreaking in their time 5 years ago, but this Valkyrie and tech is the next level. It's competitor is really the AMG Project One, which is also still in development as well as the Toyota GR Super Sport.

8. Keen

Keen Karting

Dec 9, 2014
    #58 Keen, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    I think that the promised leap in performance of the Valkyrie has little to do with it being "a generation after".
    I believe that this argument makes sense for the Project One, but not so much for the Valkyrie, and defnitely not for the AMR Pro.
    There is a high chance that this car is going to set new benchmarks because it represents the most extreme way the concept of "road legal car" has been taken in ages, maybe ever; it being a generation newer is just a small part of the puzzle.
    Just think about the car in your avatar: despite being 22 years old, it still obliterates on the track ANY of the current XX models. Why that? Because it was thought and designed to a level of "extreme" which was never part of the philosophy behind the current XX Clienti track cars.
    For the Valkyrie AMR Pro it is the same: it is something designed and developed from zero with the purpose of being a much more extreme and performing machine than the engineers behind the LaF/P1/918, XX/GTR models ever thought for their cars. It being a generation ahead is just the icing on the cake and not the actual cake.
    So, again, if you are looking for a direct competitor of the FXX K/Evo from Aston Martin, then you have to look at the Vulcan AMR Pro, not the Valkyrie.

To conclude, I think that, on the contrary, your argument is perfectly fitting for the upcoming McLaren Senna GTR: the idea behind it is the same of that of the P1 GTR, FXX, FXX-K, etc. but it is very probable that the Senna will be faster than all of them because of it being at least a generation ahead. However, the purpose behind it is the same, while, on the other hand, the Valkyrie AMR Pro is something different and much more extreme.

Twosherpaz likes this.