Ferrari vs Corvette | FerrariChat

Ferrari vs Corvette

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Aug 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  2. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol. I have both so where does that put me?

3. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    me too, but my vettes are 67's.....does that make my beard longer? LOL

Michael1, Blow N By, VAF84 and 4 others like this.
  4. peter679

peter679 Rookie

Jul 26, 2022
    Full Name:
    Peter Joseph
    LOL I saw this on FB and it pretty much goes from Cars to Jiu Jitsu to football and so on lol too many meme's lol

rob lay likes this.
  5. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #5 ginoBBi512, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    If thats Tiger Woods, hes definitely not a Ferrari driver, get that straight !! lol The problem is, if you want to call it a problem, the guy with his back turned, should not be associated with being a Ferrari driver , thats just my opinion , of course . You might want to remember James Woods in the movie where he is driving the black 308 , " Against all Odds " You can ditch the golfer , polished look, its that simple.

Big G

This is more like it ! lol . Im just having fun.

Attached Files:

rob lay likes this.
  6. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Tiger: always in the shop
    Daly: takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

wrs, Michael1, Bill Phillips and 7 others like this.
  7. sinistermist

sinistermist Karting

Mar 23, 2016
    Feels like there needs to be a third guy. Guy standing in flip flops and a gold speedo for Viper owners.

8. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    now that's funny.............

9. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    i resemble that remark:p
    dont forget about that huuuuge v10 under the hood:eek:

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  11. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
  12. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    HAHA

Replace Tiger with Ian Poulter and give Daly a couple gold chains and you've got a winner.

c8spidey and rob lay like this.
  13. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Tiger is not the guy you want representing a driver for any brand he has the most famous accidents of any street driver around... and they all seem to be single car so there is that

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  15. WashingtonFerrari61

WashingtonFerrari61 Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2022
    Northern, VA
    I have people ask me why do I wear a Rolex or Patek over an Apple Watch that is ten times more functional. I always answer because of the heritage. I would prefer to not have or drive something that is “ trying “ to look like something it is not which to me the C8 is doing. The heritage that belongs to Ferrari is how it became so exclusive to begin with… The commitment it requires of a person to even have the means to acquire such a rare breed of car with such heritage is what this picture represents. I can wear flashy clothes and gold chains and be behind the wheel of a red on tan Corvette giving off an impression or I can can wear a simple black outfit and be behind the wheel of a Ferrari which speaks volumes without all the flash.

16. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    On one of my old laptops I have a collection of Corvette owner memes. Most of them involve Members Only jackets, BluBlocker sunglasses, ill-fitting jeans with white leather New Balance sneakers, etc. That said, the post 1990 corvettes are great cars for the money. I own a 96 LT4 and in my experience people who slag off on corvettes tend to fall into four categories. First, never drove one. Second, drove a stock 1978-1988 corvette. Third, drove a poorly maintained car. Fourth, car snob who is more into image than substance. That said, I tend to avoid corvette gatherings because many of the stereotypes about c4-c7 corvette owners have more than a little truth to them. The vintage car owners, OTOH, are much more enjoyable.

17. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I like both!

Although, the more I see the C8 the more I appreciate the C7.

Guantanamera, wrs, Vegas CS and 12 others like this.
  18. WashingtonFerrari61

WashingtonFerrari61 Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2022
    Northern, VA
    The C7 is beautiful and isn’t trying to be something it’s not.

19. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I don't mind them trying to be different with the mid engined C8 but IMO it has soooo much going on it's gratuitous.

Every time I look at it I see different angles, scoops and visual gimmicks. It is not a beautifully surfaced shape and it relies more on graphic breakups than the previous C7. Strip away all the distractions and you are left with a very uninspired form.

wrs, Lusso123, NYC Fred and 2 others like this.
  20. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Agree. I have no interest in Corvettes, but to my eyes the C8 is a bit of a styling mess. The C7 was more cohesive -- probably the best iteration of the C4 design.

21. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Why in God name does the C8 have a pushrod mid mounted motor, that seems pretty stupid if you ask me, I like the C7 , the C8 is a half assed stab at a mid engined car. Ford does it the best with the GT 40 Replicas as well as the newer one, despite the V6 , seems like another waste of a shell, without at least a V8 .And besides the new C8s are as common as a mustang, so theres that . I might be putting foot in mouth, Im not sure if the Fords are DOHC, if not , at least they look so much better than the C8.

Big G

22. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have always liked corvettes not really a fan of the C7 but have had at least one or several of every other generation and still have a 67 427 convertible with side pipes etc... and a C3 in a 78 pace car and a C4 in a 96 Grand sport have been through a lot of them... they offer a fun car for a decent price...
    For that matter I also like Porsches the 911 is a great car amazingingly . and several Ferraris none can be compared to another but they each offer great cars for the enthusiasts .....
    I mean lets face not everyone can afford or want to own a Ferrari .. but I like them all .....
    along with many other cars,, ,,,

Michael1, BJK, Wikdstrate and 6 others like this.
  23. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Some also consider the C7 the last corvette. GM easily could have made the C8 a caddy like the xlr and it would have sold just fine. I'm a ferrari and vette guy. While the C8 is an amazing car as the model line continues I would rather have seen the vette stay true to the front engine layout and let the gm mid-engine car be something else. I also think no sportscar should be heavier than the C5Z06. Some complain about the cheap corvette seats but they were 30lbs with 6 way motors. Any leather Ferrari seat is 50-60lbs!

Texas Forever, LARRYH and JP365 like this.
  24. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Adding to your seats comment, 1980s/1990s 3x8 and Mondial seats were nothing to write home about. Marginally better than corvette leather seats. They were nowhere near the same as the 60s Ferraris.

25. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I must admit the C5 Z06 was really a great car for its time..a fun car also

of2worlds, Texas Forever and Shorn355 like this.