Ferrari vs Corvette | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari vs Corvette

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Aug 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John A. Muller

John A. Muller Karting

Apr 16, 2022
    Chesapeake Beach, MD
    Full Name:
    John A. Muller
    Nice setting, and a great color combo...How about a photo of your Ferrari?

2. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Gorgeous car

3. RH67

RH67 Rookie

Dec 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    David Tellez
    I waited 8 months for my '22 corvette and sold it after 2 months of ownership. Regardless of attention i buy cars to drive and for the driving experience. For me the 22 Vette does not deliver that raw sports car experience. I also own a '22 Lexus LC 500, the Lexus is very similar to the '22 Vette if you want to compare cars, but for me the LC500 just does everything better. A Ferrari is just a different breed of car you either accept them for what they are or you don't.

4. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    It is a brown car.

jblakesmith_gt likes this.
  5. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    You need a mid engine supercar at some point... Different kettle of fish.

nikcaravaggio likes this.
  6. susan j harder

Mar 22, 2020
    east hampton
    Full Name:
    susan j harder
    I have the F12 and a '67 Sting Ray. The Corvette is simply: brakes, steering, and accelerator. The Ferrari is brains and power. Love the noise from both. Susan

7. mulc

mulc Rookie

Dec 28, 2009
    Warwickshire
    Full Name:
    Mulc
    And the UK.

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    For the vintage Corvette crowd the 1967 Sting Ray is the ultimate in desirability. 1967 is the last and best Corvette with it's unique styling. Also no smog equipment (at least for the 1967 Corvettes sold outside of California) that the 1968 and later cars suffered with everywhere. 427 motors make some great noise especially enhanced with the side pipes exhaust system.

Blow N By, paulchua and Texas Forever like this.
  9. Buckwest

Buckwest Rookie

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Mark Holway
    My ‘22 C8 in black next to the Nero Daytona Cali…love ‘em both but for different reasons. Apples to oranges in every regard. For overall stress free ownership the C8 is superior. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Michael1, paulchua, VAF84 and 3 others like this.
  10. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    To me, one is a car and the other a toy.

11. AustinShelbyAC

Aug 9, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    David
  12. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hate to break it to some ferrari owners, but the ferrari doesn't always generate the most looks and gawks.

Just because one paid 2.5x more for the ferrari, on avg, doesn't make it 2.5x better looking or perform 2.5x better.

I personally think my 599 is the ultimate design, but I have had many car and noncar people choose otherwise in my collection

Michael1, paulchua, VAF84 and 2 others like this.
  13. Lostdino

Lostdino Rookie

Mar 4, 2018
    Nocatee FL
    Full Name:
    Tim Murray
    Every car has its own personality and can be enjoyed for different reasons. I love driving my 812GTS, listening to the sound of what may be the last NA V12 on the planet, but I also love driving my Fiat X1/9...the textbook example of slow car fast. BTW I get "chatted up" almost equally between them, but the kids (and their moms) are definitely more interested in the Ferrari.

It does bug me that I think about putting miles on the 812 more than I think about putting them on my other cars. Similarly, I suspect that most C8 owners out there don't worry too much about putting miles on their 'Vette. Having a car that is an investment as much as it is a car seems to take some of the fun out of it. At times I wished I had kept my Portofino (30K + miles) instead of trading it in on the 812. Maybe my kids will disagree in a few years. Oh well, its good to have these "First World" problems.

VAF84 and Buckwest like this.
  14. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Of the cars I've owned, the '56 Porsche Speedster generated the most looks and conversations. By a wide margin, all ages, both genders, every trip.

My 328, not so much. The Magnum PI association prompted the occasional comment. The car's an icon, although mine was black metallic which probably confused many.

The 599 (considered but didn't buy) doesn't scream "Ferrari" like a 308 or TR. Car enthusiasts will figure it out, but the general public might not. In the usual colors, it's pretty stealth.

Our tile contractor has an orange C8 Corvette with a big black wing. I'm sure it turns heads, but it's a bit desperate, IMHO.

c8spidey and of2worlds like this.
  15. irafox

irafox Rookie

Apr 28, 2015
    What Ferrari are you comparing your vette to ?? In south Florida there are too many vettes so Ferrari is still the top looker.

shawnjm and jblakesmith_gt like this.
  16. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Same here in northeast- corvettes just don’t turn heads anymore the way they used to

jblakesmith_gt likes this.
  17. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Same.
    I’ve been looking.
    There’s one on BaT right now but there are some oddities with it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

LARRYH likes this.
  18. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I have never owned a Corvette but have admired some from a distance.

Go ahead and flame me because I think the normally-aspirated flat-plane crank V8 in the upcoming Z06 makes it the true successor to the 458.

The industry trend seems to be away from severe styling and the C9, whenever it comes out, may have a softer look than the C8.

VAF84, Texas Forever and LARRYH like this.
  19. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    it is all about the unique design and the Speedster is a one of a kind.

All too often now I confuse the looks of new Ferrari, corvette, nsx, etc...they all start to look similar after a while

VAF84 and Texas Forever like this.
  20. Ehett66

Ehett66 Rookie

Aug 26, 2011
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Eric R Hettlinger
    It’s still a Chevy. But like the GT40 giving Ferrari a challenge.

21. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I hope so… I’m tired of the angry robot design language. The Roma is a breath of fresh air. Not much else really stands out.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

anunakki likes this.
  22. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    For most a Ferrari vs. a Corvette is not their option. Never mind initial purchase price the cost of ownership is a huge difference. A new C8 offers incredible value. Add an extended warranty and you are good to go with virtually cost free ownership for years.

Michael1, paulchua and VAF84 like this.
  23. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The C5 is maybe the best bang for the buck, I love mine. I did a ride a long in a C5Z at TWS back in 2002, there was a 360 coupe that was in our run group that couldn't get the car to properly stick. The 360 driver wound up spinning off course into the infield when trying to overtake the Corvette. That moment always stuck with me.

paulchua likes this.
  24. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Why does the Z06 sound more like a Ferrari than a Ferrari?

brookliner7 likes this.
  25. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Here we go again lol

shawnjm likes this.