Ferrari vs Ferrari vs Porsche | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari vs Ferrari vs Porsche

Discussion in '360/430' started by Financialman, Oct 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    Keep it on the track, Street racing = FAIL.

2. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    I had a great time at your "office" Alex. They call this work!! You have a awsome shop.

Don't temp me on getting a Porsche,I love them!!

3. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I saw a mistake, I meant to say that a 997TT is a little faster than the F430 off the line and a 360 has no chance at all.

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I can appreciate an suv that can go fast in a straight line, and certainly anything Porsche makes. Comparing a souped-up car against a hand made Italian wonder is almost comical. There is no comparison whatsoever--they have NOTHING in common and that's probably why you own both.

I've driven the Cayenne, and it is no sports car, no matter what you do to it. And, it is no SUV either. I always thought it looked like a 996-7 on shock extenders, but that's just my opinion. If you want to own a sports car, and you want to have a lot of power, and you want to haul stuff, it fits the bill. I've also driven the ML55, now the ML63 (I believe), and it is also very, very fast. I read a comparison of the two cars probably three years ago and the Porsche won. I wonder how the ML63 now stacks up since Mercedes is coming on very strong in the horsepower area. The AMG plant makes all their engines completely by hand and by one mechanic.

5. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I think Porsche is almost as hand made as new Ferraris are.

6. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    500 vs 600 hp with equal weight (give or take) --- another math class may be in order (just having fun). Best

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I respectfully disagree. You need to do some homework on that comment!!! I suggest watching the special on the Ferrari Factory--see youtube.

8. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Yes I have watched Ferrari, Lamborghini and not a lot on Porsche, but at Porsche a lot of things are still by hand and even more on the GT3, GT3RS and GT2. Maybe not as much as the other two companies, but the more options then the closer they get. I would like to see a video of the factory as the one I saw was short.

9. UDPride

UDPride Rookie

Sep 17, 2007
    Ohio
    Cayenne Turbo will out-run a laundry list of quality 2-dr sports cars (several mid-engined like the Boxster S) at Nurburgring. The top-end Cayennes handling is jaw-dropping for a beast that size. Its no 997TT or GT3, but you dont buy either of those to also haul the kids to soccer practice either.

10. PaulButler

PaulButler Karting

Jul 30, 2005
    Surrey UK
    #35 PaulButler, Oct 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. holminator

holminator Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Prince Falafel
    Which is better today: handmade or machine-made?

12. holminator

holminator Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Prince Falafel
    True <said the 997 owner>. :)