FerrariChat.com Community Vote: Gary Green requests reinstatement... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Community Vote: Gary Green requests reinstatement...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should Gary Green be reinstated as a user?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Could some one post some past threads or something to clue me in to what he did, I have no idea, pardon my ignorance.

2. Ferruccio

Ferruccio Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2003
    olathe, KS
    Full Name:
    Dan Gordon
    I think you should give people 2 warnings a year (for MAJOR infractions) and then ban them.

3. Dave Radu

Dave Radu Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    San Jose, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave Radu
    I agree with BWS88TR. All he is doing is wasting you time Rob. Forget him and move on. Don't let him degrade the site you worked so hard to build.

Thanks for the direct words Bruce.

Dave

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Would somebody, ANYBODY, tell me WTF he did?

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    He would post a count equal to yours in about a week, asking inane questions, that anyone could answer if they bothered to darken the door of a local library.

Then he exhibited troll like behavior that would try the patience of a saint, and when asked by an FChat member why he seemed to delight in being a general pain in the a***, he said something like "I'm just a bored young kid with nothing else to do, and I just like pi***ng every body off"

So, there you go. FWIW HTH

TTFN

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Thanks Speedy for answering, BTW, WTF do all those letters stand for?

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    "For what it's worth"

"Hope this helps"

"Tata, for now" (See ya later!)

Speedy308 for President, Brigitte for VP!

8. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    TIFOSI, search the archives.

9. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
  10. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    my .02
    My memory is that GG never contributed a scintilla of useful Ferrari information, a single intelligent Ferrari inquiry, or an ounce of enthusiasm for things Ferrari. It's not like this guy was JRV and we'd be losing valuable tech info by not having him here. And he is easily distinguishable from DES when DES was newbie, who arguably didn't have a Ferrari IQ, but made up for it w/his enthusiasm, writing skills and generally intelligent questions.

Ban him.

11. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Thank's writerguy, I went to the link and laughed my ass off !! What's the problem? He just seems like a person with too much time on his hands but some of that stuff was freakin' hilarious !! He's a baiter, big deal. Am I missing something else?

12. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Well we have had issues with the "My teacher is a Revisionist" and others where he "jew Baits" making a lot of off the cuff things that just get my goat... Also has been known to start a thread "paper or Plastic - the Grocery bag debate" or something just as banal

13. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    REMEMBER THE ONE "WHICH WAY YOU ROLL YOUR TOILET PAPER" THAT SORTA STANDS OUT

14. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'm not sure it matters what we vote, he can re-register under a different name at any time. From that perspective, let him on.

FWIW, I voted NO. Had to support my buddy Bruce.

15. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    This is very funny & amusing that so much energy has gone into one person's on-line persona.

From when he was a member, no matter what he said or did, it always created SOME sort of REACTION.

I think it was fun having him here because of everyone elses reactions! By that, I mean whatever Mr. Green said by itself wasn't that funny, but the reactions from the remainder of the board were truely remarkable.

This poll is EXACTLY what Mr. Green is looking for.....attention, controversy & to stir things up a bit with REACTIONS from the other members.

Like it or not, everyone who read, voted or responded to this post (myself included) were a valued REACTION by Mr. Green. (Mr. Green shoots, he scores!!!! GG 10, F-chat 0)

16. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I gotcha, but I have to admit, don't get mad, the grocery bag debate has its merits !!

17. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Oh, I almost forgot my response. Sure, let him back in.

To anyone who voted 'no' - don't respond, read or acknowledge anything Mr. Green posts if he ever comes back. (read = That will irritate him more than the satisfaction obtained by baiting you into a keyboard battle.) If you do, you're guilty of igniting what your claiming you're trying to extinguish.

18. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    There is no question that the flaming posts are amusing, and that alot of people like to react to them. Perhaps this is why somebody posted a thread "Why is F-Chat So Boring this Week." It is also true that its hard to resist throwing **** back at a troll. Part of the reason for Rob's new enforcement regime is not just the odd post by the flamer, but all the stuff that then ensues. So, he is not just moderating the person that starts the noxious thread, but all of us, who can't help ourselves from weighing in, jousting, whatever.
    I also think Rob is testing the waters here. What about a classic Troll like Mr. Green? What is the consensus? I trust, once things get going, that Rob won't need to take a poll to decide who to ban or boot; that to be fair, it will ultimately be self-evident. So, the question remains... why is there even a question about Mr. Green? He didn't even make a pretense of contributing anything real, and while occassionally amusing in an almost deliberately naive way, he has no real place here, unless we need a jester, or a village idiot. But, i think those roles may already be taken....Then again, you do need a little levity every once in a while.

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree, a village idiot or court jester/mascot is good, NO?

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The wise one speaks. :) Thank goodness for users like Bill.

21. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I really didn't pay much attention & didn't read his posts, so I don't know how bad.

I voted "YES" as some of you said that he can always register under different name. I see little guts in Gary that he wants to re-enter this community w/ his known name, at least not reputable name as of now.

I don't read un-interested post & ignore some offensive posts. So it really doesn't matter to me unless he goes out of bound by targetting one individual for unreasonable attack.

On the other hand, I do respect other people's saying "no" as they must had a bitter experience w/ him.

Yoshi Ace

22. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #72 writerguy, Feb 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Now the person who started the "Dull Days at F chat" was also the same person who posted he had free printer toner for anyone who wanted it......
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Banned 5 or 6 times already, GG's made more spiteful references to Jews than I care to remember. I'm not Jewish, yet, I don't have to be to know what's sacred and what is sacreligious. That's the bottom line as to why I posted any and all scathing replies to commentary by this troll.

Regardless of poll results, the hate should not be allowed "one more chance."

24. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I would let him in under the following condition:

Gary Green sends BRUCE a First Class R/T plane fare to his hometown. BRUCE beats the hell out of Gary for all of us. When Gary can type again, he can come on board.

25. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    As far as Messr. Green goes it sure looks like he's history through the poll, however, here's my thought as respects any future policy in this regard:

If the guy is a bonafide Ferrari owner, give him another chance as maybe he has something enlightening to offer other Ferrari owners through his personal experience. If not, take every measure to keep him out.

Thanks for the chance to voice a policy opinion Rob!

Kind Regards, Chris