FerrariChat.com Optional Subscriptions Now Available (early bonus offer)... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Optional Subscriptions Now Available (early bonus offer)...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yes it did. Thank you Sir Robert of Lay.

2. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Rob---

Just Paid. Rossa.

Tom,

3. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    What does ti cost to advertise a business here, supporting vendors get rossa status right? :)

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes. Sponsors pay more for it though. If you have a valid business and want to inquire about sponsorship let me know.

Moderators and Consultants get Rossa status too. Although we don't need any moderators at this time. The Consultants link is in my first post. I'll be turning several down though.

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Rossa and Proud! Can I start calling myself Rossa Tax?

Best DrTax

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Up until now there has been a delay on the Paypal promoting your account because I had to manually accept the payments. I think I now have it figured out where everything is 100% automated. As soon as you pay it should promote your account whether I'm asleep, awake, or having a beer. ;)

7. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

I think it should be a requirement. :)

8. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    Rob I think what you are charging in very reasonable, 7 years for $50 for something that you get entertainment out of every day.
    Paypal is sent.
    Thanks for keeping the site going.

9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Rob just sent you a comment via the Consultant link.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It will be a week or more before I can even look at the consultant apps. I'll hopefully be able to announce 10-20 over the next week. Thanks.

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'll be in a holding pattern till then.

Thx.

12. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Rob, how about setting aside some space to host Ferrari-related videos for Rossa subscribers as well as photos?

13. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Rob can I mail you some dead presidents instead? :)
    Erik

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    cash is fine, just fill out the same check form.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If we do the webspace thing, I'm not sure how much I can allocate. If only 5mb, that's not much room for video, but maybe we can do more. Especially when we go to the new server this summer.

Thanks for the suggestion.

16. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Horsefly's check will probably be in the mail within a few days. But I guess that I should really await my decision until I receive positive confirmation that Maranello Dave and Nika will return to the board!!! (Ed Gault has officially been written off; no hope there.)

17. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Word is spreading fast Rob. Everybody wants to join.

18. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I have been here since the beginning. This thing has really taken off, mainly in the last 6 months. I'm in no matter what.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    LOL, I won't cash that one, just don't get Chris confused with good guy Tommy. :)

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Just discovered I can get an add on to the software that integrates our community with about 30-50 available arcade games. You can even play other users directly on FC.

Would this be something users would want?

Very cool for those at work that actually don't want games installed on your own computer. If you can browse, you can play these games.

21. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Rob,

I'm very happy to subscribe to support the site and to ensure that the good work you do is maintained.

There are a great deal of non-US based users and by all accounts (well yours) the number of non-US users is growing quickly. This is good news and should be encouraged to the benefit of all members.

My concerns relate to how you make sure that the balance for suscribed users is maintained. You did, for example, mention having coupons etc. but these could be useless outside the US as, I'm affraid, is paying by check and I for one know that paypal is not something I'm very happy to use (try VISA).

In a way all I'm saying is that us non-US users have something to add and it would be a loss to this site if things were done without considering that you are running a resource that is open-frontiered and that it should remain so.

22. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    just joined at the rossa level....
    Let me know when you have a chance to look into mobile.ferrarichat.com. My meetings would be so much more pleasant if I could surf Ferrarichat without the delay of the full graphics desktop version (Sprint PCS, Treo 600). I think a mobile version of the site is a fairly automated deal.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Paypal is international, but I understand how some don't want to use it. You can make Visa payments through Paypal too.

Mailing me a check is international.

When we have a CC interface, that will be international if you have a Visa/MC.

I went through the process of having the UK NoChex system interfaced, but pulled it back out once they told me they weren't international yet and I couldn't get money into an American account.

So considering the above there are no reasons an international user can't subscribe, if they want to.

---

Now for how we grow and promote the site I very much believe in FerrariChat.com being an International community. All our advertising has been US Magazine based, but Internationally we've had great growth from word of mouth, website listings, and search engine hits. I do plan on more advertising internationally and subscription resources will aide in that.

I don't think there should be any concerns. I don't loose sleep thinking about what our distribution is internationally. A member is a member. Diversity is good, but we still have one thing in common.

24. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hey Rob, is there any consideration going towards a live chatroom? Someone here hosted one for a few days and it was a lot of fun!

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    That has come up a few times the past three years and the one that was done by a user was fun for a few weeks. My problem is it's not good for anything but casual conversation. Nice thing about a message board is you're not required to be here real time and the entire thread is stored forever.