FerrariChat.com Show & Tell your other hobbies... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Show & Tell your other hobbies...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by rob lay, Dec 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    What is the bottle with the Ferrari emblem on it?

2. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Oh boy, so many expensive hobbies! off the top of my head:

-HiFi music and theater
    -Wine
    -Autos (duh!)
    -Aviation
    -Engineering & tinkering
    -Hiking
    -Hiking on the coast
    -Light easy wussie mountian biking
    -Dabbling as an idoit in architecture & design
    -Shooting (usually long range rifle/target, but I've recently got into trap too! I'm not very good yet :)
    Since I have a pic of our recent venture handy;

Mosin-Nagant 7.62x54R belonging to a friend of mine. Not bad accuracy with Iron sights actually (surprising). He did a great job refinishing the stock too. The 'recoil pad' is 1/8" of sheet steel though, crazy Ruskies!

3. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    boxing (and the associated demands: weight lifting; running; etc etc) I lift weight for 60-75 minutes/ day 6 days a week, and ride ~ 8 miles 4 times/week, the i go at the bags(s) (speed and full size) for another 45 minutes.

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I used to be really into pinball. I still am, but the Fcar has slowed that hobby somewhat...

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Another small part of the past collection. I had at one point 20+ machines. With the new house, I only had room for 5. Somewhat poor planning, but I got a garage and what's in it :)

6. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    When I go for duck, I too leave the house early. You wait too long and they will all be gone. My last hunt was quite successful though. I took the truck down to my favorite spot, parked it and hiked in. I noted that it was a little bit cool for my liking and wished that I had dressed warmer, but the sun was up, the season was open, I thought that it should be a good day. Where I go is a popular spot and I hiked the well worn path that many other hunters have traveled before me. The hunt usually requires a great deal of patience but on this day everything seemed to fall into place. I was confident, but cautious, my eyes, ears and all other senses tuned for just the right moment. I hiked along and all of a sudden......There! I spotted my quarry. Duck! Nestled right there between the chicken and the ham. $2.99/pound. I bagged 3 nice hens and as I proceeded to the checkout I thought "Oh yeah, there'll be meat on the table tonight."

7. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    #57 pete04222, Dec 22, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...! Dave, that's just sick...!

9. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Greg, that's very unique... i've never seen anything like that before... Pretty cool...

11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  12. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Tillman, are those in your house? I always liked the Getaway machine, just for the car on the front.

Jordan, good eye! That's one of my 'Holiday' bottles. It's the result of my drunken thought processes at one of our FCA fine dining events. One of the couples ordered a bottle of Italian red wine, and it came in a red bottle. The labels on the bottle came off very easily. So I bought a few bottles of my own, removed the wine labels, and applied my own labels. I've distributed some of them to my Ferrari friends.

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Some still are. I have The Getaway, Medieval Madness, Indiana Jones, WhiteWater, Twilight Zone and a Galaga machine. I really had to cut back with the new house. The old house had a 2 car garage converted into living space and so I had 2 rooms for the games. These pictures are one wall of one of the rooms in the old house.

14. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Tillman and Greg, I had 3 Stingrays growing up. 2 Stingray Deluxe, one blue, one green, both stolen. I also had a Rams Horn Fastback(?) in green. I mutilated the Rams horn because I thought it was too funky. I changed out the handle bars, the shifter, everything. It's probably worth a bundle in it's original form today.

15. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    Rob, what happened to cycling/triathlons?

My hobbies/interests:

1. cycling - road racing and general riding. Put more miles on my bicycles (8000+) each year than my 308.
    2. gaming - love sports games and especially racing
    3. music - have way too many CDs and albums to listen to but enjoy every moment of music

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    1) Karting is charity work. $76K raised to help Child Advocates.
    2) Models/books. Ferrari of course.
    3) Live music. Alternative country, blues. Dancing with my best friend.
    4) Snow ski
    5) Water ski/speedboating. I've got one somewhere.....oh, yea!, in the girlfriends' garage! It's under the spare wheels! My mom keeps saying "Buy a new one". Can you say "36' Cigarette"????
    6) World's Fastest Art Car is charity work. Orange Show Foundation.
    Parades, visits to schools and museums.

I don't think girls and kids classify as "hobbies", I think that's over under "occupation"! LOL

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I was just burnt out after 3 years of doing it hard. I think it was mainly my competitive attitude. If I get back into it I think having just fitness goals will allow it to be more a long term hobby.

Here's a log of all my races, you can tell I did the most between 1998 and 2000. The past few years I've only done a couple races and competed for Sprint in Corporate battles. Pretty darn slow these days. I use to finish off triathlons with a 18-19 minute 5k, these days I can barely run a 21-22 minute 5k by itself.

http://www.roblay.com/races.htm

18. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    For me my hobbies will always be Skateboarding and learning as much about exotic cars in the hopes that one day I will own one.

19. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have to agree. But that is just how I was brought up. I'd certainly be a vegetarian if I was brought up without a thirst for blood.

One thing I'd like to add, something I just don't get: passing a truck the other day, I noticed a sticker. It's similar to the shape of Texas, like the diving guys have, red with a white stripe through it. But this one just had a duck on it. I wanted to get out in traffic, walk up to his window, knock a few times and say, "you know, I just wanted to thank you for protecting me from those ducks."

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    This thread is called "FerrariChat.com Show & Tell your other hobbies...". I haven't seen you post anything else on this thread. Keep your pansy comments to yourself and show us your hobbies, like asking people to give you money to www.buymeaferrari.com. :D

21. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Hobbies, let's see...

Guitar: custom made Jaganeaux guitar
    Bass: custom Tobias 6 string (when they were still Tobias in CA)

I'm refinishing the guitar now, I'll try to post pictures in a few days.

22. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Just did. And I do understand about population control in hunting. It just isn't my thing. But thanks.

23. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    In no particular order

Flying Helicopters
    Harleys
    Dirt Bikes
    Boats
    Skiing & Boarding