FerrariChat.com Show & Tell your other hobbies... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Show & Tell your other hobbies...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by rob lay, Dec 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I used to play every sport under the sun now I curl, gamble and race.

2. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Most of my free time now is on my dream research project. It's the most promising way for me to get a F40 before I'm 26.

Besides that:

Architecture and design
    Pursuit of fine ladies
    Politics (formal and informal)
    Foreign economic development (World Bank/IMF stuff)
    Stalking celebrities
    Substance experimentation
    Vandalism of public property
    etc

3. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Came across one of my old photos that might fit here. From the middle of nowhere, Arkansas.

4. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #104 TimN88, Feb 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Rowing. Iv e been on the varsity crew team since a freshman. Its a really intense sport. Our races in the fall are long (3 miles or more) while our races in the spring are shorter (2000 meters). The 2000 meter races are harder than the long head races because of the high strokes per minute and the fact that in the 2000 meter races, you race side by side rather than a time trial like the fall races.
    Im so happy that winter training is almost over. spending hours a day on an erg doing hard training down at the boathouse, then coming home exhuasted to do lots of homework is finally going to end soon. In 3 weeks (after finals- we are on a trimester system) we are going to miami for our spring break trip to train. The mens varsity coach cant go because he teaches at a highschool around here, so just the head coach is going, meaning this will be more of a vacation.

Heres a picture from the Head of the Charles in Boston this fall. Its the biggest rowing event in the country. I cant tell if it was takne while we were racing, or after the race on the way back down to the docks.
    Ok, i finally got the pic to load. Thats me in 3 seat (3rd from the front)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That's hilarious. LOL

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Interesting hobby, I love the handcuffs too.

7. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Fencing- I used to be a collegiate fencer, but walked away. I am taking it back up again.

Karting- It something I am just getting into.

Sports cars- since birth

Writing- As I return to college full-time, It goes from main paycheck to hobby.

Model cars - see my posts in Collectibles

Cooking- I come from a family of restauranteurs, so I am fairly good. I was going to open a restaurant, but my business partner flaked on me.

Charity work- Big Brothers/Big Sisters; Habitat For Humanity; stuff like that.

8. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Another for the hobbies thread. One properly attired fisherman, complete with 10# trout.