FerrariChat.com update - Day 1 Poll | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com update - Day 1 Poll

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Thoughts about the FerrariChat update - Day 1?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2017.
  1. Do Not Like - FerrariChat was better before and not acceptable.

88 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. Do Not Like - Acceptable especially with optional Old style.

53 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. Indifferent - Positive & negatives about equal.

38 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Like - Growing on me, more positives than negatives.

34 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. Like - Major improvements.

9 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mark.

I get it.

But hell, if you're already here and looking at the site, what difference would it have made to take an hour to look at the new site before it launched, and then tell Rob what you didn't like?

I have a job too, and it ain't here, but I also value the site, and decided that despite my well known issues with Rob (most are in the past) that if I could lend a hand, I would.

Rob can sometimes be an ass, but he's a well meaning ass, and there certainly was no intent to roll this out half baked, I'd say it's more like medium rare.

You didn't want to help with the beta testing, that's cool, but I did help, and did not have the issues many of the guys here seem to be having. Perhaps more eyes on it would have helped, but we'll never know now.

And going bigger on the font size really does make it a lot more legible here, eh?

D

2. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Thank you for all of the work you guys put in. I think you guys did a pretty good job considering. There are a lot of whiners, and there were when Fchat switched to vbulletin back in 2003.

dm_n_stuff likes this.
  3. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

You do know ALL the moderators do it for free, right?

D

4. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Yes, and that's their choice, of course. Cannot complain when that's what you signed up for.

Honestly, I never saw the invite to test the new format.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that one was worse, bigger change and only I could support it while having another full time job. we made it through it and I think polls showed almost 90% approval within a couple months. it will be very interesting how the polls this time go. If all the complainers are right, then we won't see any positive trend in the results. if we do start getting 60-80% approval within months, then guess I will be getting several apologies. ;) fat chance of that. :D

6. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    +1 on both of these.

7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

And none of them (er us) do complain, at least not at the moment. :D

Which is what the beta testers could also have done.

Would you have invested an hour to make the place more to your liking?

D

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It was in the main thread, I only mentioned a couple times, you would have had to be reading all the posts in that thread. I tried to make as many people aware of that thread as possible, ran the link in announcement for several days. honestly, testing like that doesn't bring out 100% of issues. users like yourself and others that have been at the center of complaints probably wouldn't have complained about most things. In production when being hammered by thousands at once you see a complaint you hadn't notice, you go try it, and then you repeat the complaint because it works into the story you are trying to tell. nature of the beast, I expected most of this.

9. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    You should also be aware that a good portion of my complaints were meant in a lighthearted manner. I wasn't trying to be a complete ******* until I saw dismissive responses and insults being thrown out (mostly to other members). Had I tested it, I would most certainly have raised the same complaints I've raised since it went live.

rob lay likes this.
  10. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Interesting. Not based on what I've heard....A LOT. ;) Don't ask, I don't breach confidences.

Yeah I probably would have poked around a bit. Can't say I would have committed to hours and hours, though. I did poke around Motorsportinteractive or whatever it's called and really didn't care for the format...hence why I haven't been back. I don't remember being asked for feedback.

11. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I may be wrong, but I seem to recall a very short window of notice that the new software was coming, IIRC, less than 1-week (initially, before you pushed it out). You probably would have gotten more people to do testing (me) had a larger window of notice been posted, or perhaps a thread specifically looking for beta testers. I've upgraded many critical systems (for my business) and do very extensive testing prior. Upgrading our ERP (even just a version) can be a make or brake situation.

That said, I think the folks working on this have done a pretty nice job with the correction in a short period. Does not mean I still don't prefer the old format though ;)

12. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    At this point it's all pretty much transparent to me. I use the "Old Style" and I hadn't even noticed that the stuff at the right of the page is now gone. Just goes to show. Initially I didn't care for that "wasted space" but after a few days my field of vision narrowed and I didn't even notice it was there or that it is now gone.

The only thing I did notice was that if a post contains a link to another thread and I click on it, that link displays the thread is displayed in the New Style. And unless I close my browser, any posts I click on from then on are in the New Style and I am logged out even though my preference is set to Old Style. To get back to the Old Style I must close my browser and reopen it, and then go to Ferrari Chat.

13. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I still like it, if anyone's interested.

dm_n_stuff likes this.
  14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

We who care the most, are thrilled!!! :rolleyes:

Aircon likes this.
  15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Otnay onlyway isway erethay anway ongoingway ackmailblay andway
    ostagehay ituationsay, eway ereway omisedpray Ookerbay TAY
    andway ethay MGsay.

16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

ut-whay???

ou-yay are-yay azy-cray.

D

Aircon likes this.
  17. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I would have gladly volunteered to do testing if I had known that was needed. I don't recall seeing that posted anywhere.

I didn't really care for it at first, but have gotten used to the look and feel. 90% of users will be used to it in another week. Then they can all go back to complaining about the government, F1 and timing belts.

ME308 and 308 GTB like this.
  18. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Of course. I liked my old rectangular style avatar better however...no one likes change. Like everything, we all will get used to it.

19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  20. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    :D