FerrariChat.com update - Month 1 Poll | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com update - Month 1 Poll

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Oct 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Thoughts about the FerrariChat update - Month 1?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2017.
  1. Do Not Like - FerrariChat was better before and not acceptable.

32.0%
  2. Do Not Like - Acceptable especially with optional Old or Blue styles.

18.5%
  3. Indifferent - Positive & negatives about equal.

17.4%
  4. Like - Growing on me, more positives than negatives.

23.6%
  5. Like - Major improvements.

8.4%
  1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Dark works much better. All good now.

I like the new site a layout. Feels fresh.

rob lay likes this.
  2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have a new question ... i tried to like a post and now i have to go through a two step process ..up till yesterday i could just hit like on the post and it would register... now it asks if i am sure i wAnt to like it????.....is this a NEW change ....or did my settings get changed ....

rob lay likes this.
  3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    very strange, it doesn't do that for me. desktop or mobile? which browser? which theme? thanks.

4. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Most of the bugs seems to have been worked out by now, but still have one question - on some threads when I click on them, they jump straight to the newest post that I haven't read. On other threads, they just go to the top of the current page and I have to scroll all the way down. This is on an iPhone. Very frustrating when the pages are long and I have to scroll a lot before seeing the new posts. Any ideas?

5. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Scrolling to the last read post is done based on cookies, and it only works if you have previously read the thread. Cookies are also device dependent. Do you only use your iphone?

6. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yes, 99% of the time I only use my phone, and they are threads I have definitely read before.

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I am using an I pad and old theme and it never did it for me till yesterday....i had to log out then when i logged back in it started doing it.....that is it takes two steps to like a post

8. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Here is an explanation from one of the developers of the website’s software: “This happens when users click the Like control before the page has finished loading and the JavaScript has fully initialised.”

LARRYH likes this.
  9. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    After doing some digging I found that we have the feature set to only remember the last 30 days. So if you havent read a thread past 30 days then the system forgets your spot. Do you think this could explain it? If so, we can discuss possibly increasing the number of days...

LARRYH likes this.
  10. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    That is it i had mistakenly turned off Javascript ....
    Thanks

11. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for looking into it. I don’t think this is the problem though. It definitely happens on threads I read very often. I will try to keep track of when it does or doesn’t happen and see if I can find any patterns.

12. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I think I just figured it out, by looking at the URLs it was opening. When clicking on a multi-page thread, the page numbers are listed next to the thread link, and I usually click on the last page number (for example, it will say “... 15 16 17 18” and I will click on the 18 to go to the posts on the last page. However, that apparently goes to the top of that page. If I click on the thread title instead, it will jump to the most recent unread post, which I was probably doing with threads with only one page.

Now that I know how it works, I can just click the thread titles. I don’t know if the old software worked the same way or not but at least now I know what the issue was.

Booker likes this.
  13. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    My only complaint is that it doesn't give me very long to edit. typically I take a long time to review my post and often edit it, so this is something that makes it harder for me.

14. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    don't know if it's already been posted but the loss of the search function from within each subforum is a real letdown for me

15. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Should still be able to do that by checking "search this forum only" box
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    oh i didn't know there was that functionality, thank you!!

Booker likes this.
  17. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Wish we could have the Forums Mark themselves as Read so I can see what's new since my last visit. The old Forum worked this way. Now I have to use the Button at the top "Mark Forums Read".... lost that Feature, lost the Garage. Gained a "Fresh Look"... woo hoo!

18. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    They still mark themselves as read when you read them. Otherwise, there would be no button to mark them as read.

19. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Yeah I knew that, just liked the other way better. It let me know what was new since my last visit...