FerrariChat.com update - Questions | Page 34 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com update - Questions

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Aug 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Checked your test - and it seems to work. Can it be applied to existing threads, as they were before?

2. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Tapatalk is now "not" seeing Ferrarichat. It worked for a few days once Rob implemented it, but now it seems that it's offline.
    Greg

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Just noticed the added prefix options in the classifieds - nice job with the icons fellas :) Good work ;)

4. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    This will take more time and development, but we are looking into it.

Yes! Let me know if there are some missing. I have set sold and taken off market tags to only be viewable for mods/admins (I don't think anyone is going to make a new post for a sold car), so users will just have to ask to change classifieds to sold, taken off market, and pending like old site

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    If the software has the option to allow the OP to make the change, that might be less burden for the mod team. Other sites I'm on do have that option.

6. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Sorry if wasn't clear, but they are only for new posts as I found it useless to post a new ad as "sold". Since we have edit limit, any changes to post will have to be a report.

Dave rocks likes this.
  7. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Just reduced white space everywhere, so things may seem more compact. Many users have mentioned it was too much empty/white space, so hope this helps! Feedback appreciated!

Dom and Dave rocks like this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    This may have been asked before, but why isn't the Portofino listed under the individual models section?

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    haven't added it yet, it is about time. I personally don't think it deserves another name, but I guess along lines of F12 and 812.

10. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    How to I make and recieve PM's?

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I can't say I'm an expert on the convertible line, but maybe it needs to go next to the California.

12. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
  13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    A new version so should be represented by the new product name of Portofino.
    California is quite different regardless of the similar appearance.

14. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    As per my post # 827, why have we lost Tapatalk again? Many of us access Ferrarichat mostly through this forum app.

What's this I hear of an upcoming smartphone/tablet FerrariChat app? Really? Would be cool...!
    Greg

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Did it go down last couple days? Tapatalk has been back up for over a week. Android mobile app available the last week, I think a few more days waiting on Apple.

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    it's the same model, but just like F12/812 and TR/M, maybe 360/430 a better comparison. Certainly not in league of move from 430 to 458 or 575 to 599.

17. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Rob, Ferrarichat on Tapatalk worked for a bit when you turned it back on last week, then it became invisible to Tapatalk. A forum search within Tapatalk yields no FerrariChat.
    In fact, when I get a Ferrarichat push on my phone, from Tapatalk, (which is weird in itself!) indicating a response to a watched Ferrarichat thread, following that push causes Tapatalk to crash. I do get an error message about not having the correct ID or something. I'll take note next time and post that error message here.

I'll check out the Play store for the Ferrarichat Android app, no idea it was already out.

Thanks
    Greg
    Austin

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I disagree with your assessment as it's not the same model beyond it having a motor in front of the driver and being a convertible V8 T. The car has a new chassis and a new body plus revised motor; what more has to be changed to be considered "new" then?
    I quote>
    The other big news concerns the Portofino’s underpinnings. Not only does it use an all-new aluminium chassis, Ferrari has also developed a new manufacturing technique that reduces the complexity of the process while cutting weight and improving torsional rigidity. New components in the 3.9-litre V8 twin-turbo - including revised pistons and con rods - and tweaks to the management software result in a power hike to 590bhp.

The 560lb ft of torque – from 3,000 to 5,250rpm – promises fabulous mid-range flexibility, and there’s a continued determination, via Ferrari’s Variable Boost Management, to deliver a turbo unit that mimics the behaviour of a normally aspirated unit. There’s also a heavily revised exhaust system, with an eye on greater efficiency and an improved soundtrack (not necessarily in that order).

But if it’s a real Ferrari you want, the best news is probably the arrival of an electronic differential – E-Diff3 – on the Portofino which, as in other Ferraris, is integrated with the company’s F1-Trac to deliver mind-bending turn-in, grip, and balance. The Portofino also gets fully electric power steering, and if the 812 Superfast is anything to go by, it should be spot-on.

There’s new stuff inside, too, and the signs are that Ferrari has finally mastered interior ergonomics. Even the air conditioning has been overhauled.
    All of these changes indicate a giant leap forward; regarding what you get and how Ferrari builds the Portofino seems to accurately justify a new name...

tomc likes this.
  19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Not much of a power increase, the Cali T by those metrics would have been the big jump.

Ferrari history and the examples I gave are full of model upgrades, marketing ploys, name changes, design changes over same underpinnings, and new underpinnings on similar design. There is nothing black and white about it, except that the Portofino is a California.

Dave rocks likes this.
  20. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Mobile version of the site abruptly logs out multiple times a day for the past week or so. A bit of an annoyance.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    mobile version in browser or downloadable application? some known problems http/https, solved by clearing cookies and logging back on. is there a Remember Me on mobile login?

22. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Mobile version in browser. The Remember Me option is available on the mobile browser, and the issue has persisted.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    what phone do you have? which browser? which style version (new one)?

24. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    LG G5, OS Android 7.0.0; LG-H820 Build/NRD90U
    Google Chrome App version 61.0.3163.98

cleared cookies and it seems to be behaving for the past few hours.

25. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    From my desktop computer I am having to log in each time I access the site even though I check off remember me. Anyone having this issue. WINDOWS

No issue with mobile, IOS