FerrariChat Home Page | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat Home Page

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Jun 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    design is a very personal thing. we have company designer and it is consistent through Motorsport Network, I don't have a ton of control over that. Now that it is in production the coded version may not line up exactly with the mocked up version and they will resolve that.

Actually, I just double checked and the other main sites don't have the oval type designs. I'll have to inquire about this.

https://www.motor1.com

https://www.motorsport.com

2. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    copy and paste the link you are having trouble with. All links work for me, but you have to wait for the page to load completely. If you scroll too soon it won't jump to correct post. We have noticed slower performance with the update, even typing can lag behind and be difficult.

3. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I'll agree with that in theory, but proper Design is more than just something like "I like bubble buttons". Art can be anything the artist likes, viewer be damned. But Design isn't Art. I hope that doesn't sound like a personal snarky attack, btw... it's probably just my "did graphic design for 20+ years inner voice" feeling a need to cry out. ;) I've been pleased with the direction the site has taken over the past few months, so I'm sure that things which really need to be addressed (functional, eye candy, etc etc) can and will be.

On to another issue:

Until this newest design, I'd see a # indicator on my "avatar bubble" in the header, alerting me to Alerts. This no longer happens. On a PC, I can see in a Hover that I have new Alerts. However, on Mobile this doesn't work at all. If I click the Avatar on mobile, I get my user options. So basically, on Mobile this Alert functionality is now gone.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
  5. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Jack, I should add that - at least in my case - it doesn't take you to the actual post linked from the "Alerts" page. So if I click on a link that someone quoted my post, it takes me to that thread, but not the actual post - so I have to scroll through & find their post which would include my post that they quoted/replied to.

6. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Pretty sure this has been issue since before update.Will add it to the list

7. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    When I click the link in my alerts, it takes me to the actual post but I have to wait for the entire page to load.

8. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    very important. thank you

9. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Sadly, not happening here. When I click the link in the alerts listing, it takes me to the top of the Page that the Post is somewhere on. Even after it completes the page load, it never "blinks" down to the actual post. (Win 10 / Chrome).

EXAMPLE:

This is the link in the alerts:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146027824/

This is where the browser goes.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrarichat-home-page.577616/page-3#

Which is the top of Page 3.

10. DesertDawg

Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    I just wanted to say: If you don't go back to the old F-Chat logo, I'm quitting right now. :)

rob lay likes this.
  11. DesertDawg

Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    OK, let me try this again & will report back.

12. DesertDawg

Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    OK, you're right, it seems to be working that way now... earlier it was not. It's possible my web speed was throttled for awhile perhaps? I have high-speed fiber, but it may have slowed-down temporarily - dunno. For whatever it's worth, it used to go DIRECTLY to the quoted/replied-to post, but now it takes a few seconds... don't know if that's helpful or not.

Booker likes this.
  13. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I used to like just putting my cursor over the forums and then I could quickly go to "new Posts". Can we please have a button for new posts or am I missing something.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    it is in the menu top left with everything that was menu bar before. all we did was move permanent vertical menu bar to a pop up top left menu bar.

15. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

Ahhh you have to click on the drop down arrow, got it now! Thanks!

rob lay likes this.
  16. Kirillos

Kirillos Administrator
    Admin

Nov 8, 2017
    Russia, Rostov-on-Don
    Full Name:
    Kirill Noga
    Guys, we read the thread, make changes in real time, fix possible errors.

Therefore, if something doesn't work for you, or it doesn't work correctly, try clean the browser's cache, and maybe the problem will be gone.

thorn likes this.
  17. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ive been saying should have a home page w articles like rennlist, 6speed, etc so I like that part of it. unfortunately, my old tablet cant handle the new site so I have to get a new one :(

18. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    jm2 likes this.
  19. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  20. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Ok, the Alert drop-down menu works on the Home page.

21. Kirillos

Kirillos Administrator
    Admin

Nov 8, 2017
    Russia, Rostov-on-Don
    Full Name:
    Kirill Noga
    All should be good now

Todd308TR likes this.
  22. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    Frustrating changes..first was the new format that removed the button at the bottom of a thread that took you back to the forum and marked the thread as "read". One had to go through several menu clicks to do the same thing. Now even that is gone with no way to tell if a thread has new posts or not....unless the capability is somewhere that is much less than intuitive....

Brock

23. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    On mobile the little blue circle with a number... Yeah that doesn't go anywhere but to my account page, no way to get to it find out what the alert is for...

24. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    yes please revisit the design, this is not working at all. This is a Ferrari forum. The fonts are so big I thought I was browsing the mobile version of the site.. Colors/buttons/fonts look like someone's first attempt at making an html page

thorn, HotShoe and Boomhauer like this.
  25. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    Jump to top/bottom arrow buttons not working correctly on mobile.

jjmalez likes this.