Ferraris and Celebrities... | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Ferraris and Celebrities...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by amenasce, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Charlie Sheen's 355 GTS is on ebay right now.

2. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Chris Tucker also has a black Gallardo, it was on the same truck heading to Tampa as when they delivered my 360 in April.

3. Aradune

Aradune Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    San Diego
    What was told to me by an ex-Id employee was that Carmack first bought the 328, then got rid of that and got the F40. He then daily drove the F40 for some time, putting quite a few miles on it. He then traded that in on the F50, around the time Id was growing and very successful such that other Id employees were getting fast cars. Romero bought a Tesatrossa and then put some crazy turbo on it which allegedly gave it near to 1000hp; of course, it was very unreliable and certainly couldn't put the power to the ground.

Others bought Vipers, etc. and Carmack became obssessed with not 0-60 or 1/4 times, but instead on the goal of smoking anyone crusing along at freeway speeds. He put a twin-turbo on the F50, bringing it to around 800 or so hp. He was then I guess satisfied he could take anyone while crusing along the freeway, including fellow employee's modified Vipers.

When the Enzo was announced, I sent an email to Carmack and was informed that he wasn't as into cars anymore, did not intend to buy one, and instead was putting his money into the X project (commercially putting a man into space sans NASA).

Other video/computer game people that are at least well known in the games circle have some pretty nice cars, but without their permission (the above is public knowledge), I'd hesitate to elaborate.

-Aradune
    '04 360 CS

4. ferrari sulla pellicola

ferrari sulla pellicola Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Hers a few pics of my mundane work of whoring out my personal and other parties Ferraris for use on film sets and stages.sure it sounds glamarous and exciting,but the amount of ridiculous,unreasonable expectations from the studio,stars or directors never changes....as an example:Thats Nick Cage standing on that 512TR hood during a shoot for Sankyo for the japanese market.The story line calls for him to stand on the car and shout to the heavens etc then light up the tires out the gate..sounds simple,no big deal as they just explained it.for this job just get a BH Budget rental for the car and build a hidden platform for nick to stand on......but nick wont stand on some lowly 355,i guess he read somewhere that enzo would not allow the ferrari nameplate on the 206/246 explaining "that anything with less than 12 cyls wont have the name ferrari" so after finding out his preference and lauging off the first 3 i track down a 512tr from a dealer friend and explained my deal and fortunately the price was right,next Dave at Premeir had a old crashed hood which he repaired and painted in the same day and Carl at Blackhorse rigged the stunt hoods dampners.on shoot day once on set the director says that when the car leaves the driveway the fans outside the gate chase after him while the tires are lit up,which isnt really that safe without experienced stunt people especially with the direction the cars slide would carry it,
    the female leads are those Daum triplets from Playboy and they lead the crowd chasing after the car,wearing these hot pink one piece g strings and stillettos.fortunately the DP and i had worked together manytimes and he arrarnged the shot so everyone was at a safe distance while still in the shot and made put on this stupid looking dubatine poncho to hide my shape which was really hot to wear in the car but even though it took 8 takes the view of those 3 playmates bouncing er, i mean running thru the tire smoke alongside the TR made up for it.once wrapped the TR went back to carl,derigged and mechanicals checked before it was returned the car to dealer,timewise it took 4 days of prep work for 30 seconds of film.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Cool read. Wonder why Nick didn't just use one of his. :)

Now, if you could just point us to the commercial with the Bunnies... :)

6. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Mark Knopfler does have several very nice ones. Victory By Design borrowed a couple from him!
    Tom Petty I think had nice models.

7. ENZOFORZA

ENZOFORZA Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    DUXBURY, MA
    Full Name:
    JAKE
    I currently own Nick C's 1995 355B (in my profile) rumor is he ordered it this color combo (Rosso Metallico w/ matching interior). I have his address and phone # on the service records from FBH. Im thinking about calling him up for a good chin wag!!! LOL

8. ferrari sulla pellicola

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard
  9. ferrari sulla pellicola

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard
    After a long promotion tour for the film Passion of Christ including a private audience with the Pope,actor jim Caviezel dropped by Blackhorse,visiting Carl and then taking out a 550 Barchetta for a quick spin.

10. staceman

staceman Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    At Home
    Full Name:
    SGT
    That sure looks like 275 GTS s/n 07359 on the rack behind these guys. I thought this car ended up in the Europe.

11. MZRacer360

MZRacer360 Rookie

Jun 8, 2004
    Topeka, Ks
    Full Name:
    Derek H.
    Lil Bow Wow owns a 456
    Timbaland owns a 360

Mike Tyson owns a Jaguar XJ220

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    LOL, some no talent Azz names himself after a pair of boots, what a genius

WHy didnt he call himself Hush Puppie or Nike ?

13. atheyg

atheyg Guest

14. ferrari sulla pellicola

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Thats a 330gts on the rack

15. ferrari sulla pellicola

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard
    That was my first reaction as well when i first met him while working on a music video as we had 2 ferraris,our old rolls p5 limo and some harleys on set.
    this guy just gets in one of the 355 and tells me to give him the keys,hes going "for a quick trip round the block.".when i refused he got a little testy,advising me of his name,which got him a polite "ok then mr.boots,get the f*** out of my car now "and he storms off to the production trailer for the producer who smoothed things over
    and apologys were exchanged.since that moment 4 years ago we've serviced his cars as well as his partners missy elliotts.actually he's one of the few with talent and with a 100 million dollar music publishing deal we hope he keeps buying more ferraris.

16. an032nv

an032nv Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Clovis, California
    Full Name:
    Chris Torosian
    what company do you work for ?

17. mr.modena

mr.modena Formula 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Jaroslav Hanus
    Dominik Hasek - has 512 TR (1 crash) and 550 Maranello

18. ferrari sulla pellicola

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard
    heres a pic from the Timbaland video...they had on these weird wigs and make-up ala sammy davis jr/dean martin era....but it looked cool on the box

19. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Will Smith has a bunch, i think he has an Enzo as well

20. honeybone

honeybone Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Quebec
    Full Name:
    Honey Bone
  21. an032nv

an032nv Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Clovis, California
    Full Name:
    Chris Torosian
    When Bam Margera was on the late late show with Craig Kilborn he said that when he was a kid he had written a note to himself that said "when I grow up I want to be best friends with tony hawk and drive a red ferrari" so when bams mom found the note when they were moving she told Tony Hawk and Tony Hawk bought him the 360 Modena.

22. f48koenig

f48koenig Karting

May 27, 2004
    Lyon france
    Full Name:
    Jean bosco
    David beckham 360 spyder f1...in london...
    and maranello....

And also Alastair Mackenzie black maranello...

23. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Bam lives like 10 mins from me, Ive seen him speeding around in it once or twice. I think he sold it though im not sure.

24. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    So, i put some pictures....

25. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Grant Hill (NBA Bench-Warmer): Ferrari 456 (sold)

Steve Francis (NBA Starter): Ferrari 360 Spider, Lamborghini Murcielago

Shaquille O'Neal (NBA Starter): Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 456, Testarossa

Dr. Dre (Rapper): Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari 355 (sold)

Sergei Federov (NHL Player): Pretty much every current Ferrari

Wyclef Jean (Rapper): Enzo, McLaren F1, Pagani Zonda C12, 360 Spider...

P. Diddy (Rapper): 360 Spider (blinged-out with gold and chrome)

Funkmaster Flex (Rapper): Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa

Jerry Stackhouse (NBA Player): Ferrari 360 Spider, Diablo VT

Latrell Sprewell (NBA Player): Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster, 360 Spider...

Ice-T (Ex-Rapper): Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster, NSX, 360 Modena...

Nicholas Cage (Actor): Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0 (sold), other F-Cars...

Simon Cowell (American Idol Judge): Ferrari 360 Spider, Aston Martin DB7

Marshall Faulk (NFL Player): Aston Martin Vanquish, Ferrari 360 Modena

Daunte Cullpepper (NFL Player): 360 Spider (REAL sweet orange color)

Emmitt Smith (NFL Player): Lamborghini Murcielago, various Ferrari's

James Stewart (Motocross Star): Lamborghini Murcielago (RED and blinged)

Tommy Hilfiger (you know): Enzo, but he hates it and is selling it