Ferrari's around America | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's around America

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by BT, Jul 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    No doubt there were a boatload of Porsche's and Vette's. I did see 1 Viper, and about three NSX's.
    BT

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Gee, if I had known you were coming through I would have traveled somewhere on I-75 here in Marietta. Since most of the local F-car sightings are elsewhere around town, I think I'm about the only F-car owner who drives I-75 here.

3. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Next time I will let you know if I am in the area. Actually I am thinking of buying a vacation house in the mountains in NC and will bring my 348 for the summer if I buy it.
    BT

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Not surprising - when I lived in Ohio, I only saw 1 or 2 Ferraris a year ... maybe. And I REALLY looked for them.

But that's even more of an incentive to have one in your garage. Makes them very special cars.

5. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    wow, I would think you would have seen more since there are a bunch of F-cars in florida and vancouver.

6. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Welcome to my life.

7. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I did not know they allowed Ferrari's in Kansas. My cousins live in abiline near Salina but they NEVER remember seeing any there.
    BT

8. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Bill, great post. If you had continued down 101 a bit further into N. Calif. your sightings might have doubled easily. When I drive down to San Francisco, I usually see one or two on the way.
    Sounds like a great trip, can't wait to see the best roads post.

9. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    I think it also has something to do with where you are driving. If you are driving on fairly large highways, I find you do not see as many as driving around town.

10. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    True about the highway sightings. We obviously avoided the big cities during rush hour which also might have reduced the amount we saw. I will post my list of best roads to drive a Ferrari on this Friday if I remember. After four weeks on vacation I have alot of work to catch up on.
    BT

11. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Bill, after reading your thread and posting on it, I thought of your trip while driving down to San Francisco Int'l today. I saw three Ferrari's, a Maserati, a Viper and a Morgan Aero(I think thats what they're called)cars on the way down(175 miles) with half assed attention, two 550/575's and a 308, while just skirting the towns that really have a lot of cars, so I guess sightings are pretty geographically oreinted.

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Yes, it definitely seems to be regionally biased. When I used to visit my sister in San Diego you would see Ferrari's all the time. Also driving around Scottsdale I see pretty much at least one every time I go to town.
    BT