AUS - Ferraris, COTA and $200K | FerrariChat

AUS Ferraris, COTA and $200K

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Bob in Texas, May 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This past Sunday, The Circuit of The Americas conducted a fund raiser for the local Central Texas Food Bank. For a donation, Austinites could do a parade lap around the track.There were hints that it might be big and with perfect weather SEVEN THOUSAND cars showed up over 5 hours, with 20,000 people, 400 dogs and of course some local FCA Ferrari's. The 20mph speed limit was a bit optimistic as the actual speed was more like 2mph. Nonetheless, lots of fun for a good cause..
    Over $200K was raised.

The small blue spyder behind my 430 is an ASA, from Wikipedia...
    "This car was developed by Ferrari engineers in the late 1950s as a less expensive, compact alternative to existing Ferrari GT cars. ASA used inline-four and straight-six engines derived from the "250" 3-litre V12 designed by Gioacchino Colombo. The chassis was developed by Giotto Bizzarrini and was derived from the tubular frame chassis of the 250 GTO."
    More here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASA_(automobile)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

SAFE4NOW, Avia11, rennspeed and 3 others like this.
  2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ASAs are quite rare...good spot!

Good one everyone for going, I know one of my fellow Volunteers was going out, to roll his Old Iron...

Bob in Texas likes this.
  3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Looks like fun! Wish I could have gone, thanks for sharing.

Bob in Texas likes this.
  4. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The parade lap was advertised at 20mph and they had cops and COTA staff positioned around the track. If you knock off a zero, the true speed was about 2mph. Sooooo many cars, trucks and vans. It seemed to be a party atmosphere though.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well it's pretty embarrassing to admit I have NEVER even ridden around it, much less driven anything!

Missed any chance with FCA, and Ducati Island is such a zoo I just said: "Pass"
    I guess a RideSmart weekend on the Duc would be the way to do it.

It's a lot of fun to watch though!!

6. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That’s crazy! Been lots of opportunities to drive it or do parade laps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro