Ferraris en Venezuela - Branko remembered July 2, 2011 | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Ferraris en Venezuela - Branko remembered July 2, 2011

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Aardy, Nov 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    #476 kare, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
    I guess you are able recognize Fayen by the hair esacaping the temples. Do you have any history on 0632MDTR in Venezuela - as that would be my guess too - rather than Rubirosa's 0644MDTR which also touched Venezuelan soil when entered into Venezuelan GP in November 1956. I only have notes of 0632MDTR going to Ferrari dealer Carlos Kauffmann and Drogo racing it in Caracas (04/11/56), Buenos AIres (20/01/57) and Cuba (20/02/57), then nothing much.
    Best wishes, Kare

PS. I'm in complete awe of Aardy's ability to put details into context just like that. I hope you people realize that you are looking at the best detail spotter there is.

2. elmotorizado

elmotorizado Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    Thank you Cyril

Kare Fayen is easily recognizable, and the photos are in Mrs Fayen files, so it most be him in spite of the quality of the photo.
    The only additional info that I have on that car was gathered by Jsalgatti and you can see it here.
    http://www.pasionalavelocidad.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=408&p=3330#p3330

Saludos.
    branko

3. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    I wasn't suspecting to the least; it just kind of amuses me that Fayen's hair escaping the temples of his head is so characteristic that even I can say that this is Fayen for sure!

Best wishes, Kare

4. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #479 elmotorizado, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Keep'm coming. just one man's opinion tongascrew

6. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    On behalf of all of us please thank Mrs Fayen for these extra ordinary pictures. As one expert might say" these are a gauld mine". If there are more please ......! just one man's opinion tongascrew

7. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #482 elmotorizado, Jun 6, 2011
    Hi Tonga, would you please post a picture of your land mower? or any picture at all, this is a picture of mine.
    branko
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    If I had a lawn[land], I would have an original period mower such as yours. just one man's opinion tongascrew

9. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #484 elmotorizado, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
    Tonga I meant or any picture, you claim that you have tons of pictures and info, just waiting to see if you post anything at all.
    Or a picture of your replica so you dont infringe anyones copyright.
    Regards
    branko

10. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I see. Guess what. Every piece of info and pictures I have on Venezuela is from this very thread from the beginning.Everyone who has contributed should be congratulated.I do not have the equipment to post pictures and my most sincere thanks go out to all who do.My contribution is to continually encourage those who do. just one man's opinion tongascrew

11. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #486 elmotorizado, Jun 20, 2011
  12. ezvelarde

ezvelarde Rookie

Dec 22, 2009
    Today at 10:30 am branko died, in Valencia, Carabobo state, Venezuela.
    He was operated on, by a problem in your arteries and unfortunately could not recover.

13. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Totally devastated by this news, I never personally meet Branko, but recently communicated with him regularly on the restoration of my 275GTB, he was doing a presentation on my car to the local enthusiasts at the Ferrari club.

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news, strength and courage to all his family and friends.

Branko, Rest In Peace and God bless you, I will think of you when i first drive my restored car.

Mark

14. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    This is horrible news. We have had the benefit of dozens of email exchanges and telephone conversations with Branko Krnjajski over the past couple of years. We have more pictures of our car in Venezuela than before and he was able to make some informed analysis with some of our chassis photos of various Ferrari sports racers.

He was instrumental in unlocking some of the mysteries of Ferrari history in South America; his photo contributions were fantastic.

Rest in Peace, Branko.

15. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #490 swift53, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
    I am deeply saddened by Branko's loss.
    He was a terrific guy, that had a true passion and was instrumental about Ferrari history in Venezuela.
    I humbly suggest his thread be made a sticky, or whatever you consider appropriate.
    Possibly: "Branko"
    We owe him a great lot.
    Of course Cyril, thank you too!

Hasta pronto Branko!
    Un abrazo, Alberto

16. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #491 swift53, Jul 2, 2011
    Estimado Sr. Velarde,
    Le ofrezco nuestras sinceras condolencias a la familia de Branko y a sus amigos por el mundo, de parte de la comunidad de aficionados Ferrari.
    Nos hará a todos mucha falta. Fue un hombre sincero, generoso, con mucha seriedad y afición.
    Un verdadero entusiasta!
    Gracias por compartir la triste noticia con el grupo.
    Cordialmente,
    Alberto Guirola

Dear Mr. Velarde,
    I offer the sincerest condolences to Branko's family and his friends worldwide, on behalf of the Ferrari community.
    We shall miss him a great lot. He was a wonderful, generous, and no nonsense man.
    A true enthusiast!
    Thank you for sharing the sad news with the group.
    Cordialmente,
    Alberto Guirola

17. jsalgatti

jsalgatti Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    #492 jsalgatti, Jul 2, 2011
    Yes...indeed Branko was a great enthusiast, he wanted the world to know the hidden Venezuelan Racing History and of course, the Ferraris involved.
    Adios amigo, rest in peace

Jorge Salgado U
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    I love the photos and the stories. Rest In Peace.

19. emunoz167

emunoz167 Rookie

Nov 21, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
    #494 emunoz167, Jul 2, 2011
  20. emunoz167

emunoz167 Rookie

Nov 21, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
    #495 emunoz167, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
    Good evening,

Branko once told me about his first encounter with Ferrari 250mm 0352 ? let me see if I can remember the story:

He was traveling by boat with his family from Chile to Venezuela, and the boat stopped in Barranquilla, Colombia to load some cars that had raced in a 1955 race,he remember seen a red Ferrari that was driven by Rezende Dos Santos, in the Vuelta de la Cordialidad race. He was very young at that time, and did not remember the exact model, so years after he saw a photo of the car and started researching about it; he remembered seeing it at other local races in Venezuela.

Here are some threads about this car and what he discovered about it, in his forum, he even managed to interview one of the person who drove this car (Bobby Dennett):

http://www.pasionalavelocidad.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=237&hilit=250mm

http://www.pasionalavelocidad.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=521&p=5056&hilit=1955+ferrari#p5056

21. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    I'm speechless... RIP Branko.

22. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Difficult to find words to describe the emptiness Branko will let.

He'll be missed.

23. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Terrible news! Branko was a very warm character who was always willing to help and not only with Ferrari matters. He also helped me a lot reg. the various Maseratis that had been raced in Venezuela.

His infos and research results were a very reliable source and he deserves greatest respect from all of us. We all will miss him.

R.I.P. Branko!

Adieu!

Walter

24. richardowen

richardowen Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    He contributed so much to Venezuelan history!

He will always be remembered for finding 0304TF!

Goodbye Branko!

25. Cris Bertschi

Cris Bertschi Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Full Name:
    Cristián Bertschi
    Sad news...

I also used to correspond with him regarding the same cars racing in Argentina and Venezuela...
    RIP.

Mis condolencias para toda la familia.
    C.-