Ferraris en Venezuela - Branko remembered July 2, 2011 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferraris en Venezuela - Branko remembered July 2, 2011

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Aardy, Nov 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elmotorizado

elmotorizado Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #101 elmotorizado, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is the second time you ask the same question, and I didnt have an answer because I allways saw just the sides painted blue as you can see better in this picture that I just got last nite. I also got some copies of the original documents that had the color of the car as blue, Magnone had to have some blue paint and paint part of the car blue in order to be able to export the car.
    branko
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    Branko
    What year do you think this fabulous photo was taken?
    Did one person buy the whole lot?
    Will

3. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    The year was 1980, and yes one person exported the whole lot and still owns some of the cars, there are a couple of cars you dont see in the photo, a Stanguellini Fjr and a Cisitalia D46 that is still waiting to be restored.
    branko

4. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi, I have been accused many time of of asking the same question twice.It's a way of getting more info. Thanks for putting up with my excentricities. tongascrew

5. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    I have mine too dont worry, but it was painted blue only on the sides, the upper part remained the same, i am assuming that the blue was a can spray or brush painted, will let you know when I find out.
    branko

6. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #106 elmotorizado, Dec 11, 2009
    Here is a translation of the story about the purchase of 0758 sent to me by Edoardo Magnone, and a picture of the ID plate of the car, hope I made sense.

The story of 0758

I didnt know the car, Piovesan told me about the mods he made, while Winston Chebly told me how it performed with the Corvette pieces.
    I went to Maracaibo and went to see it, it stil had its original body but a battered state, I was asked 10 thousand USD and it wasn’t worth that much at the time.
    A couple of years latter Felix Varona told me he had all the bits and pieces that were replaced with Corvette parts.
    Meantime I saw a TDF (the one with pepsi colors) in Maracay without the gearbox I decided to buy all the bits and pieces from Varona, but the engine was gone, an American bought it.
    The following year I was told about a Maserati A6CGS
    In Maracaibo, I went to see it and bought it because I had one without the rearend and this one had it.
    The place, the shop of Feijoo, taller La Limpia, who also
    had 0758 that he stil raced, he offered it to me because he wanted to buy a Camaro, I didn’t consider it because its state was too bad and I had to travel to Europe in the following days.
    Arriving in Europe I went to a race in Nurburgring with my Alfa Romeo 1900SS touring, where I found a group of friends and I showed the some pictures of my findings in South America among them 0758.
    My late friend Massino, didn’t get scared with the state of the car, the doors, the fuel tank and the chassis with its ID plate were the only original parts around. He asked me to buy it for him because in Italy it could be brought back to life.
    Back in Venezuela I went back to Feijoo´s place to close the deal, he was firm in his price around 10 thousand $ saying that just the engine and the brakes were worth that, we closed the deal for what he asked and as I said I liked the guy since the deal on the Maserati and his passion for cars I decided to give him (as present) all his bits and pieces (I only needed the Ferrari parts) engine, gearbox, brakes and rear end, the smile on his face I will always remember.
    To export it I had to register the car with new licence plates
    (MCR605) and pay all the taxes.
    A Xerox copy of the ID plate and copy of the sale documents follows.
    Edoardo Magnone

7. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    This is the list of owners of 0758 while in Venezuela.

Mauricio Marcotulli wins in la Trinidad 58 and 59

JM Galia, won only one race to my knowledge in 1960, Cumbres de Curumo, car sat a few years in Varona´s shop.

Rodrigo Borges, had it painted red, raced 2 times in 1966 no wins, traded the car for an AC converted to Cobra locally.

Winston Chebly owned the car just one week, traded the car for a Formula car with 1300 Reanault engine made by Ernesto Piovesan.

Ernesto Piovesan used as street car, sold to Colaretta in 20.000 Bs, less than 5000 $

Colaretta also used it as a street car (havent found his fist name yet), sells to Fernando Baiz.

Fernando Baiz raced it, no wins to my knowledge, blows engine and has a Corvette suspension and other components installed with a Traco engine, sells to Bobby Brinzey.

Bobby Brinzey, uses it in some drag racing, sells to Tito Feijoo.

Tito Feijoo, uses it for road racing and starts the final metamorphosis, doesnt look like a TR250 anymore, sells to Edoardo Magnone.

Edoardo Magnone, exports it to Italy in 1980.
    branko

8. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    0534 this car was modified after an accident in 1961, pictures at the race in Caracas 1966.
    I think that first 2 pictures are from cavalino.
    Does anyone have pictures before the modifications?
    branko
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #109 elmotorizado, Dec 17, 2009
    0534 was in the junk pile too, the modifications on that car, converted to LHD and the tail looking like an Alfa Zagato, were made by the Zilio brothers after a heavy crash in a race in Cucuta Colombia in 1961, here is a picture when the restauration started in Italy.
    branko

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This photo does not show 0534 M with the body it last had in Venezuela. The photo shows a body from a totally different car, from a 500 TR. Only the doors are from the Venezuelan body. Massimo Colombo's company Classic Car Investment of Monrovia, Liberia, imported this and several other of the Magnone cars to Italy. I inspected 0534 M (with the Venezuelan body and LHD) on 17 September 1983 at Toni Franco's shop in Maranello. It was in very poor condition and not restored yet. It had the V-12 Ellena engine 0687 GT in it. As of 1999 it was still not restored yet. In 2000 Magnone sold the car to E.C. in Northern Italy and then the restoration began.

Marcel Massini

11. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #111 elmotorizado, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    Marcel, read message 106, the only car of the pile that went to Massimo Colombo was 0758.
    Who owns 0534 now?
    branko

12. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #112 Marcel Massini, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    I didn't say that Massimo Colombo or his company CCI bought 0534 M. I said that Massimo Colombo's CCI company IMPORTED the car(s) from South America to Italy. I have some of the paperwork which I obtained personally from Colombo at the time. I also inspected the cars once they arrived in Italy.

Marcel Massini

13. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi, the only picture I have is a copy of a newspaper shot of the crash scene with #656 s/n 0104. I can mail you a copy if you send me your address but I doubt it will help you much. From what I can tell the car looks like a standard Scaglietti body of the time with a single driver's side windscreen. There is some confusion about the engine in the car. According to Red Arrows the car was entered in the MM as a 500 Mondial and we can assume the 750 engine installed later. Aparently the car continued to carry and exhaust system and rear wheels consistent with a 500 which would also indicate that the first engine was a 500. just one man's opinion tongascrew

14. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    Big smile of 0534, very recent photo.
    branko
    [​IMG]

15. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #115 elmotorizado, Dec 22, 2009
    0534 has been owned by Edoardo Magnone since he bought it in Venezuela, he had to say it was sold to stop the calls inquiring about the car.
    His original plan was to make a Monza 250, because he says the 4 cilinders are like tractors and sound like tractors, his plans for the Monza 250 were stopped once he saw and learned the difficulties the, ex Cornacchia-Manfredo Lippmann Monza 250 had, stretching the chassis and the rest of the work involved.
    The body you see in post 109 was also found in Venezuela.
    The V12 was held in place just by wires when the car arrived from Venezuela.
    Another picture in its actual condition.
    branko

16. Funinthesun

Funinthesun Rookie

Aug 11, 2007
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Salman
    Great photos!

Would anyone have pictures of 0721 in Venezuela at all please? I know not a race car but still would have been part of the scene I am sure

Thx!

17. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #117 elmotorizado, Dec 27, 2009
  18. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #118 elmotorizado, Jan 5, 2010
  19. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #119 elmotorizado, Jan 6, 2010
  20. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    cool thread!!!

21. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #121 elmotorizado, Jan 6, 2010
  22. richardowen

richardowen Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Fabulous, do you which years the first two are taken?

23. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    Bogota was October 64 and Maracay May 65 after this race the headlight were changed to the covered type.
    branko

24. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #124 elmotorizado, Jan 7, 2010
  25. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Wonderful stuff!! keep it coming. Please include as much printed info as you can. tongascrew