Ferraris gearbox is worst of all! | FerrariChat

Ferraris gearbox is worst of all!

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Emirateshills575, Mar 25, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Emirateshills575

Feb 1, 2023
    UAE
    Full Name:
    X
    Hello, if you know ferrari's use DCT gearbox from Getrack: model 7DCL750, it's same installed on Mercedes GT-s, Ford GT, and this is the worst gearbox between sport cars.
    1. It is not have oil pan with oil filter, Bottom with easy access to valves block, sensors to change it in case, like on normal Germany cars.
    2. Oils mixing inside, yes it's possible to get mix oils inside or just oil leak from differential, of course here is no any sensors of oil level, you will not get notice on TFT, so guess what u will get in 200 km = broked diff or gearbox, and of course you can not buy separate parts for this to repair, even if broked one gear for 500$, you will pay 35k for brand new Gearbox.
    3. Heating, yes this gearbox can not allow more than 3-5 lunch starts. Example PDK (ZF) on Porsche 911/panamera allow you to do 40+ lunch starts In sequence with no overheating! And yes, on PORSCHE you can change oil filter and any sensor separately within 2 hrs. For ferrari it's not even possible to order oil filter.
    4. Leaking, you can find a lot of mercedes GTS owners with hidden oil leak on 10-20k miles only. Solution = change full gearbox.

OK, you can say its OK to change full gearbox if you got any problem with gear, or sensor or clutch. But I have inside info about where dealer moving your old gearbox after changing, they just doing rebuild, because they have all parts available in manufacturing, ZF, PDK, GETRACK all company's doing this. After rebuild, they selling this like brand new. So instead if change temp sensor for 1000$ or new clutch kit for 3000-4000$, dealer offer only one option = change full gearbox for 30-35k$.

2. bumcubed

bumcubed Karting

Apr 15, 2022
    There have been gearbox kits available for a while now. Dealers can change just the speed and/or temperature sensor in the (assuming you referring to) the 7spd DCT.

3. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    My biggest gripe with the Ferrari DCT is that there isn't any roll-out on idle. Makes low speed maneuvering and parking much more difficult then is has to be. If Porsche and Lambo can figure out, why can't Ferrari?

4. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    and corvette.

5. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    USA
    That's software. I prefer the Ferrari DCT it behaves more like a manual. Had a 2017 R8 V10 Plus (basically a Huracan) and that DCT was lightning quick whereas the Ferrari is quick but not as quick. However, it was too smooth and boring. It felt like you were driving an automatic. At least the Ferrari makes me miss the 3rd pedal a little bit less in it's behavior.

6. dustywusty

dustywusty Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2017
    Florida
    glad to see you’re enjoying your car!

430jm, 635CSI and fatbillybob like this.
  7. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Don’t care about that.

Porsche has great launch control. F12 & 812 have lurch control. No comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ryalex and montegoblue like this.
  8. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I have Huracan EVO RWD Spyder as well, there are subtle kicks in Sport mode and more prominent kicks on Corsa mode. Porsche DCT is like that imo, you can't feel anything between shifts

But regardless I don't understand the reasoning for not having roll-out, laziness perhaps

9. dustywusty

dustywusty Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2017
    Florida
    It’s for fun.

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I think you mean that roll-out is creeping when at a stop. To do this with a DCT you would have to be constantly slipping the clutch producing heat and wear.

kenwidmerpool likes this.
  11. nguyennhatquang

nguyennhatquang Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Hanoi
    Emirateshills575 :
    1 : it got oil filter like any other Transmission out there,
    2 : the Oil Mixing inside is very rare situation, and it can be with any Gearbox with Differential unit, even PDK and Corvette also.
    3 : Did u ever really work on PDK? the 7DCL750 has very robust mechanical, very rare to see them fail, and the Speed sensor can change separately, but with PDK, if u need to change shift rod position sensor is not possible, and it is too difficult and most of owner just swap used trans in it.
    4 : this Getrag is very simple easy to work on, and about the weep hole leak, u can change the seal only, then problem solve, But to be honest, not all Ferrari dealer want to do it, because they want to make Money.

nickorette
    Well, u're talking about Creep funcion? I saw alot of PDK owner, and Lambo owner must buy some Tune to remove the Creep function, and without Creep funcion, it drive like a Manual car, more than a AT car, but anyway, nothing can satisfied all people

12. Emirateshills575

Feb 1, 2023
    UAE
    Full Name:
    X
    Read again my message about filter, you saying its simple gearbox, ok then try to order new original oil filter and change it without removing down full gearbox. I wanna see it.
    Of course I worked on PDK, you can find my topics on rennlist forum how I rebuilt 7DT75 ZF PDK, all sensors is simple to change, forks sensors problem solution also available now plug and play.
    And yes you saying its oil mixing or leaking rare problem? But all mercedes GTS workshops will confirm, they got hidden oil leak from right this GETRAK
    https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster/820920-amg-gt-s-oil-leak.html
    https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roadster/786606-2016-gt-s-has-small-oil-leak.html
    This is very common problem. Within 20 years I owned all sportcars that you know, and each problem I always tried to solve together with mechanics, I know all dealer tricks

13. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    This isn't engine oil, the only reason you would ever need to change the filter is if you've got an issue inside the box that you are opening it up anyway. The filter is just there to catch particles from wear or manufacturing. Its never going to get clogged unless you have a serious issue that requires part replacement anyway.

14. Emirateshills575

Feb 1, 2023
    UAE
    Full Name:
    X
    You must change oil inside gearbox each 30-50k km, surprise!

15. nguyennhatquang

nguyennhatquang Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Hanoi
    Emirateshills575
    I can change Gear box oil filter in ferrari without removing the gear box, it easy man, but in MB, I don't know,

MB and Ferrari use the same Transmission code 7DCL750 but it doesn't mean the same
    1st : gear ratio is different
    2nd : Mounting and cooling is different

In MB, they don't rebuild gearbox, only replace whole new box, but In Ferrari u can rebuild, I actually repair some SLS or AMG GT with Ferrari part, and it all work well

and Ferrari setup the trans with less issue than MB setup, which can be software or many thing also,

U said now, we can rebuild PDK 7 speed, but new Porsche already the 8 speed, try to do the 8 speed, u will see what is the problem,
    Have u ever tear down PDK box, I warranty with u it a lot more complicated than Getrag, Getrag is simple

and here is the photos from the 2nd link u sent, it not from the gearbox, it from the engine man, that car use torque tube, the trans is far behind
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

and btw, all german car is leaking :D, Ferrari is much better quality, that why people collecting it,

16. Emirateshills575

Feb 1, 2023
    UAE
    Full Name:
    X
    German cars no leaking! quality of ZF on VAG the best, the best cooling system, best ECU, best software.

17. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    You know that Getrag is a german company, like ZF.

You should buy and drive a VAG, the Volkswagen Golf is great, millions say that.
    ;)

Daniel

nguyennhatquang and ANOpax like this.
  18. Emirateshills575

Feb 1, 2023
    UAE
    Full Name:
    X
    Skoda oktavia stage 3?