Ferrari's in Thailand??? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's in Thailand???

Discussion in 'Asia' started by alx355gt, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    It's 95...but some says it's equal to 92 in the US...

2. shelbee

shelbee Guest

The gas price in the US is rising due to OPEC cut the production, Iraq war, etc.

Here is for 92 about $2.12 per gallon. Is yours there pretty cheap or more than us??

3. sykdevil

sykdevil Rookie

Apr 17, 2004
    Hi everybody! It's great to see some ferrari owners on the board from thailand! i'm from thailand too! but i'm studying in the states right now. Can't believe there's going to be an enzo in thailand!

nice car Mon!

4. sykdevil

sykdevil Rookie

Apr 17, 2004
    Hi P'Pong, and P'pwongd, i read some of your past post and i heard you took your cars down to the track, could you tell me what track you went to, where it is, and how much it would cost?

I'm interested in taking my e46 m3 down to the track someday, i'm still a beginner at track driving, but i like driving a lot and looking to improve my skills. I'll be going back to bkk in 2 months!

thanks in advance

5. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Sykdevil, we usually rent the track called "Nakornchaisree" near Nakornpratom krub. It's a very fun track to drive and much safer than Bira in Pattaya. However, the price is quite high...I don't remember the exact amount because we got a special deal, but it would cost you around 40,000-50,000 baht per day krub. So, it's best to bring along friends..ha ha. We would have over 20 cars and split the cost...the track is big enough to still have fun and not hitting anybody.

Another track you can rent, but at a much lower cost, is BRC in Bangkok. It's located behind Season shopping mall on Sri Nakarin road. It's a very big go kart track, big enough for cars actually. We reach about 140 km/h before braking at the end of the straight. But it's very twisty and the runoff is rather poor. You can submerge your car if you fall off the track (my friends have done a few dipping already..ha ha). For BRC, it will cost you 500 baht per hour. The best time to go would be around 9 am during weekday, so there will be no othe cars or motorcycles on the track. The afternoon is for go kart krub. We also rent this track (we consider this our home track).

Shelbee....the gas in Thailand is 17 baht per liter...or US$ 0.43 per liter. This is for super unlead (95).

6. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004

Thanks....what states are u in? I used to have M3 overhere in states. one was 01 with 6spd and the other 02 with SMG. my 02 was Steel grey color and full ACS bodykit. You can ask for my car pic over in E46fanatics forum or DTM board.

U have M3 in Thailand? WOW. Last time I went back there I saw a silver one.

7. sykdevil

sykdevil Rookie

Apr 17, 2004
    Pong, thanks for the info regarding about the track, could you please give me more information regarding where the track at Nakonchaisree is, i live around pinklao, and my dads office is at nakornpathom sai 7.

Mon ... i'm in indiana right now, studying at purdue university. i would love to see a picture of your car, yes i have m3 in thailand now, my dad just bought it last summer its an smg model. I kind of regret getting the smg now that i learn how to drive stick with my car here. I guess smg is not that bad, but stick if more fun to drive!

i apologize to all of you out there for talking about m3 in this forum! i love ferrari's too thats why i'm here in the first place, but my family doesn't own one.

8. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    Pong here is pic of my M3 at HIN dallas, EURO Meet at Dallas and AutoXtreme show in Dallas. Pls ignore the girl. I was sponsored by Valvoline.
    Also my 996 C4S Ruf was there too.

9. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    K.Mon.....very tasty cars you got there krub!!!!...

K.sykdevil...the track is near Nakornchaisree krub (it's call Thailand Curcuit Nakornchaisree). If you start off from Pinklao, I would think it's just about 45 minutes away. You can take Pinklao-Nakornchaisree road all the way out of Bangkok to the intersection where if you turn left you go to Nakornpratom, and if you turn right you go to Nakornchaisree (it's a big bridge interchange, not stop light intersection). Take the bridge to turn right, and about 3 km from it you will see sign for Nakornchaisree, turn right again.

Once you hit Nakornchaisree, you take left and keep on going until you hit another intersection with traffic light, take another left. This will bring you way out of town... about 3-5km after you take left keep an eye on your right, you will see sign for the track. Turn right onto the dirt road, the track is about 2 km from the main road krub. It's best to bring friend along as it's very far and if you have trouble on the track, you will have somebody to help krub.

It is very confusing to explain the way to get there krub...if you really want to go, please contact me when you get back, I will fax you the map...

10. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    Do you live in Dallas, or did you? I studied at UNT up in Denton 14 years ago. I used to drive the little MR2 to Dallas quite a bit. At that time, all we had were my MR2, my friends' Scirocco 1.8, Golf GTI, Corvette, Mustang 5.0GT, and some other Japanese compacts. You have such nice cars there. The M3 looks fabulous.

11. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    wow funny, I got my first degree at UNT about 4 years ago.

12. sykdevil

sykdevil Rookie

Apr 17, 2004
    k.Pong thank you for the directions, i will probably try to contact you again when i get back home.

k.Mon those two cars look awesome! Where in the states are you right now?

13. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    I'm in TX

14. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Only 11 days to go before I will arrive in Bangkok now... :) A bit exited...

Can someone tell me which cars are at the dealer at the moment? Or give me the adress of Ferma? I'm just curious and would like to take a look there if I have the time...
    Thanks...

15. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Wowwww.... you are coming this way pretty soon...Alx

I and my brother plan to stop by Ferma today (if we have time). I will let you know which car will be here around your time of arrival.

The dealer locates very close to the airport. When you come out of the airport heading into Bangkok, look to your left. You will see Porsche and Jaguar dealer, and about 400 meter after that is Ferma, the Thai F-car distributor.

I would think the silver 575 is still there.

16. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    On behalf of the Ferrari Club Thailand (FCT), there are all together 206 Ferraris in Thailand, being 3-Dinos, 12-308s, 8-328s, 46-348s, 48-355s, 32-360s, 1-400i, 1-412, 15-456s, 3-Daytonas, 2-Boxers, 14-Testarossas, 8-512TRs, 3-512Ms, 1-550, 4-575s, 2-288s, 2-F40s and 1-F50. The Club was established in 1995 with 40 active members. Activities of the Club include the usual gettogether for meals and parties. Usually drives are arranged on a regular basis, on the last one there were 17 cars going to the beach in Pataya.

17. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Here comes the real deal....ha ha... Thank you for the infor krub, K.Theera. I always wonder about the total number of cars in Thailand, and you help me clear this up nicely.

I thought there are more than 8 328s...anyway, I don't know much about the F-car in Thailand. Since we currently own 328, may I ask how we can join the club?

I went to Ferma earlier this afternoon and the silver 575 is gone. There were 512M, 355, 355 spider, 308 GT4, 348 and 512 TR, all are in for service. The showroom only has the Maser on the floor.

18. jesada

jesada Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Nice to c u here, P'Theera. What abut your TR? I'm still struck with the 348 till now.

19. F40Lover

F40Lover Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    You mean these are all SOLD?????

20. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    Cool,.....
    I'll be there on May 17th.

21. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Many thanks for the info and pics again everyone... :) Really looking forward to discover Bangkok and it's surroundings. I hope I will be able to take some pics at the dealer too.

22. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    No you thought wrong about having more than 8-328s in Thailand. 8 facts about the 328s:

1. There are two other GTB versions in Thailand, however, yours is the only Konig version that was coverted by Turin Motorsports in Bangkok in 1992. This car dealer no longer exists, they imported five of the eight cars. The original price for 328s back in 92' was Baht 3.5 mil. for a GTB and Baht 3.8 mil. for the GTS. Surprised, no depreciation for over a decade.

2. Yours is not the only Konig Ferrari in Thailand, there are two 308GTBs, carb versions, that have also been converted in the mid-80's.

3. The five other cars are obviously GTS versions.

4. Only one of the eight cars is a LHD U.S. spec, it's a GTS version.

5. All eight cars are from the pre-ABS days or 86' - 88'. Only one of the cars is a real 88' model. Have a close look at the paneling of the doors and you'll see the difference.

6. Any 328 in Thailand is hard to come by so keep yours. The first time I drove your car was back in 92' when it was just converted, the only other time that I drove it was late last year when I organized a tour to Pataya.

7. Five cars are with friends of mine.

I still regret not keeping mine.

23. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Khun Jesada, the 512TR is no longer with me, sold it about two weeks ago to a friend of mine in Phuket. So, now I'm left with two in my garage.

24. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Thank you very much krub, K.Theera.

The information is very intersting. 328 does keep its value very well indeed..

25. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    No problem, glad to be of some help concerning your 328.

Maybe you would like to join the next Sprint session that I'm arranging, perhaps early June. There's going to be around ten cars going to Pataya for some icecream, so far 1-308, 2-328s, 3-348s, 2-355s, 1-360, 1-512 and 1-550.

Hope to see you then.

My mobile number is 01-375 6015