Ferrari's in Thailand??? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's in Thailand???

Discussion in 'Asia' started by alx355gt, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    It's nice to hear from more of the F-car owners in Thailand. I think the community is far too small at the moment. Most of the owners who get together are probably located in Bangkok. If possible, a get together or some sort of event that will allow more owners or enthusiasts to join will be very welcomed.

Welcome K.Jin, K.F355, and K.Yuttachai. I hope you will find this board very friendly and full of fun.

K.Theera, if you have a final date for your drive to Pattaya, please post it here also. That way we will be able to make plan. Thanks.

2. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    Wonder who it is.....I hope that mystery of silver/blk 575 should be revealed soon ;)
    Anyway, welcome aboard all of new members :)

3. F 355

F 355 Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    Red / Red...

4. Big Red Horse

Big Red Horse Rookie

Jun 6, 2004
    Thank you K.Pwongd, I do find lots of fun in this chat room. We should get together sometimes for a drinks.

Hey P'Theera, you were right about the 328 is the best. and i would like to have a party for 328 with lots of sexy girls. Yeah!!!
    Jin

5. Big Red Horse

Big Red Horse Rookie

Jun 6, 2004
    Oh! the red/red 355 that go very slow!
    Jin

6. F 355

F 355 Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    Thanks for your praise Nong Jin.... I have to say Sorry that my 355 cannot go faster than that... Not because of the car.... But Because of the Driver who is very old now....

7. F 355

F 355 Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    Thanks for your welcome.. Hope we may see each other or sprint together...

8. Big Red Horse

Big Red Horse Rookie

Jun 6, 2004
    No its the car coz you never drive it. So lets sell it to me, okay? HeHe.
    P'oud, why dont we take our car out for a run this sunday? I havent drive mine for 3 weeks already. anyone wanna join?
    jin

9. F 355

F 355 Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    I did !! Believe me.. I drive it at least once a month (or may be more).. What do you prefer me to do ? Drive your FUTURE CAR everyday.. Or keep it in a good condition FOR YOU.... Just tell me na nong... I can do it...

This Sunday should be fine... Perhaps, we may invite The F355 Yellow/Black , Mondial T , Black 308 GTS and our Big brother 550 Silver/Red.. Anyway, Let's see the weather condition....

10. Big Red Horse

Big Red Horse Rookie

Jun 6, 2004
    You should keep it in a great condition for me. Thank you

OK!! Lets see the weather on this sunday then. We havent take our car out together for a long time already so lets get together na.
    Yo big bro., When you gonna change the belt for your 550?
    jin toxic

11. Choopong

Choopong Karting

May 25, 2004
    Hi K. Jin,
    You seem to emphasize a lot on sexy girls. I'm jealous.
    Choopong

12. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Wowww....all of a sudden, there are lots of conversations...glad to see you all na krub.

I am pwongde's brother, I don't own F-car, just stole a few drives from pwongde when he is not looking...ha ha. But I do enjoy this board and all the conversation.

Too bad our 328 is still at Ferma and we won't have time to go pick it up (I believe it's done) during this week. I also have to participate in gymkhana racing this Sunday at Bitec krub, otherwise it would be great to join you guys and introduce ourselves to you all.

Hopefully, the F-club here would organize a track day soon, so we could have some fun na krub.

13. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Jin, just make sure you don't go in F355's car again, remember what happened last time with the decreasing amount of cylinders that were remaining to power the car......

Sorry about not being able to go out this Sunday for a drive due to slight technical problems with my car.

14. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

Khun Pong,

Trust me, if you have experienced one of our Sprint events, you would understand that going to a track is not exactly the main attraction since getting there (safely) is more fun, JIN TAKE NOTE.

So, the stock of F-cars on this thread is so far: 2x308, 3x328, 2x348, 1x355, 2x360 and 1x550.

15. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    By the way, my comment to Jin wasn't meant to offend you, I sincerely believe that your car is the best looking in Thailand. Put it this way, I should have competed against you when the opportunity was available to buy that car........

16. newfer

newfer Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    Dear K. Theera,
    As you seem to be the expert on F Cars, would you be able to advise me on what I can get for 7.5-8.0mil? Im new to the Ferrari scene,and it seems like a lot of fun compared to other marques. There is also too few F Cars in the market, compared to Porsches .
    Hoping to hear from you soon,

17. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    That's more like it guys. It has been too quiet without you guys coming out to play.

It has been raining, at least around Chonburi, quite a bit since this past Sunday. I hope this upcoming Sunday will see fine weather. I do plan to pick up the 328 either tomorrow or Friday. (Pong, please note.) If everything is okay with the car, I'd like to join you guys for some fun and a chance to introduce ourselves to you.

Jin, please let me know where I can join you and what time if it's okay for you guys.

18. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    K.Theera,
    Pls count 575 silv/blk to the family :) it's finally sitting next to my 360 :D

19. Choopong

Choopong Karting

May 25, 2004
    K. Mon krub,
    That's wonderful ... I was trying to guess. Please send us some cool pics.
    Congratulations once again. :)

20. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    So, my sources were right after all, it's you the mystery owner of the 575. Congratulations to you and a warm welcome to the fast growing family of F-cars. Well, at least now there's another V12 to join me at the end of the list.

See you on the road some time, maybe this Sunday.

21. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Very embarrassed about you calling me an "expert on F-Cars, not yet up to that level in terms of the "confidence scale", more like an enthusiast. To tell you the truth, I'm just a guy that's more than willing to share his info about F-Cars from experiencing "it" for the past 13 years, and after owning 7, or 10 including my father's.

Now, with regards to your question about "which F-Car to buy for Baht 7.5 - 8 million?". I guess it would all depend on the following:

1. What driving do you actually do, meaning short (328) or long distance (456)?
    2. What is your preferred design concept, meaning the "in your face"(512TR) look or the more subdued looks (Mondial)?
    3. What is your driving style, meaning HARD CORE (355) or EASY GOING (308)?
    4. Do you mind about resell values (355)?
    5. Do you like have in mind a preferred looks, meaning the GT (456), sports (355) or supercar (512TR)?
    6. Do you have a preferred colour, meaning certain models look better in red (Testarossa) and some just look silly (456)?
    7. Do you mind settling for something that's smaller in the beginning (348), and then later progressing to something that's a bit more of a monster later when you are more confident (512TR)?
    8. Do you want to be one of the few (328) or one of the many (348)?

Others might disagree, but from my own experience, each type has it's purpose, there is no all-rounder.

Hope that the above helps or perhaps it all just confuses you..........

22. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Congrat to K.Mon krub!!!!.... 575 next to the 360, now you must build a nice garage to park them together and don't forget to have it airconditioned and put a sofa in it so you can sit and enjoy the cars while you are not driving them too...

23. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    K. Choopong,
    Thanks krub. We have to knock our coffee room down for a parking space :(

now all 3 cars are parking very close to each other and easy to get door ding.

24. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    Thanks krub!
    I'd like to go this Sunday too...just tell me where and when :)
    Heard that you are getting rims...I need to talk to you about sources too.

25. newfer

newfer Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    What I would like is a Ferrari that is not too difficult to drive,(unlike 308)I'm driving a 996 at the moment but I want something next to it. Resale values would be of great importance.I'm probably a bit older than you guys, so hardcore driving would be out.I guess I need something not too loud (colour,style) so that I would not be laughed at by smart asses.Apart from that I'm pretty open to suggestions.
    Once again thanks for your valuable advice.

Regards,