Ferrari's Official Site - sucks this bad? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's Official Site - sucks this bad?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Jun 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

The 3.0-Litre Flat 12 312P was officially designated by Scuderia Ferrari as the 1971 312P, but generally known by civilians as the "312 PB" to avoid confusion with the 1969 car.

Scuderia Ferrari never officially sanctioned the "PB" designation, hence the website is correct.

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Ferrari and its dealers are just confused ;)
    I scan the ads and a LOT of them put in "manual" under transmission.
    A quick check of the photos and/or year they were built proves them wrong.
    So in their minds they think they still make cars with a manual/ 3 pedal configuration.
    Their web site has nice pictures, but is not that user friendly.

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I know that, but the picture shown was from a 1969 312P, wich as any "civilian" know, is not even remotly similar to a 312pb, hence the site is wrong!

4. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Rob's initial title is correct. The site sucks, the content is not coherent, search function unresolved. It is worse now than it was a couple of years ago when you could dig through different country sites by typing in the URLs. Superficially modernised but the functionality of the approved used search is poor. I think the intention is there but the execution is not there yet. A shame, the warranty programme on the approved used cars is very good, and it would be good to be able to do a search.

5. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    It's been so bad for so long that I haven't used it in years.

Matt

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    It isn’t a great site for sure. But, look at it this way - if they suddenly had a great website than some people on here would complain that Ferrari isn’t what it used to be, how they lost their way, how the site isn’t visceral like the old one was and how it’s all Marchionne’s fault.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We need to edit your username to Rossacorsaglasses as you are the official Ferrari apologist. The website is the dumbest analogy as there weren't even websites in Ferrari's heyday and they've always done a great job with their print media.

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Obviously, it was a joke.