Ferraris on Fire | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferraris on Fire

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by spiderscott, Dec 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #26 Ferrari 308 GTB, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Apologies to to OP for the thread drift... off course..

All Airlines will have a MMEL and MEL, approved by Boeing, Airbus etc and individual carriers can tweak things a bit .

The aircraft have a lot of redundancy already built in ,747 for ex had 3 autopilots,most long haul carriers would not dispatch an aircraft without at least one working as on modern aircraft everything is interconnected and necessary for safe flight.

There are many items which can be deferred for 1 day 2 days 10 days and longer before they need to be fixed.Normally not a problem at all ,however accidents happen as recently seen with the Lion Air (Brand new 737Max Aircraft) https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2018/12/27/us-lawsuit-blames-lion-air-crash-on-boeings-dangerous-airplane.html where an Aircraft has had some problems ,in the previous few flights,not fixed, and ends up in the water.No it wasn't a happy outcome like Sully's

2. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Ferrari 308 GTB. Happy holidays! Best wishes in the coming New Year!

Daytona 355 (Sid) you’ll be just fine! :)

daytona355 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Thanks for that!

308 milano likes this.
  4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    who you fellows think so many Ferraris on fire ? I check my fuel lines, they are original, they seem ok, should I replace anyways 89 328 GTS 101k I have fire exting in back of seat and one in rear trunk

5. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    The LPG daily driver I mentioned in my post above:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Best from Germany
    Martin

6. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    There aren't. There are just a lot of videos of a few cars. Kia and Hyundai have had more cars burn in the past 18 months, than Ferrari has in the past 18 years.

And for the record, I own a Hyundai. It hasn't caught on fire, and I'm not driving around with a fire extinguisher.

30 Yr-old fuel hoses should be proactively replaced in any car.

Martin308GTB likes this.