Ferraris On Oak Street 2004 Pics | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferraris On Oak Street 2004 Pics

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, Jun 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wow I didnt know the yellow 360 spyder with chrome wheels had tubi air box's and Nitrous. Does anyone know what kind of performance numbers he gets with the nitrous. ?

2. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    *sigh* i can't believe I spent the day in the garage thinking with the threat of rain not many would come out.. and for punishment I miss prolly my only chance to see the Raab GTO and maybe show him mine .... and see a bunch of friends... I'm glad everyone had a great time.. and i'm sorry I missed you all.. everything I have was partially apart.. even Kim had her white car apart..
    I'll try to get something back together in the next week or two..
    I have to have at least two cars together by the end of july as if i'm not out of town for work my roomie is holding a car show for the veterans at the north Chicago VA medical center.. it's for anything that wants to show up - no admission charge, free snacks provided by the VA. we hope to have a wide variety of cars show up .. I'll try and get a flyer scanned if anyone is interested... it's going to be middle of the day july 31st so maybe afterward we could all go on a drive someplace... just a thought..
    anyway, again, sorry I missed everyone
    Chelle

3. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Wish I were there,

I like the TUBI sticker in the engine bay of the yellow 360 spider.

Does anyone know where I can get the sticker??

4. I think those are aftermarket tubi airbox's it could be painted on there.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I asked the owner that particular question, but he didn't really know. In his case I think it's just a bit of an attitude thing. What Dave's pic doesn't show is some more "customization" under that hood which we won't mention here for decency reasons.
    :)

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    The NOS is for appearance only, it's not for real.

The "customization" under that hood has been done to all of Gerry's cars. When he had the RRs, he had it in 1/4" letters on the body. I also have it on my RR, but hidden in the pinstripe. I's very tiny letters and I have to point it out, otherwise you'd never see it.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I Thank you all for posting your pix of the Oak St. event. I really wanted to go,but we had a Birthday party for my Daughter that day. But,next year,the dates won't clash.

Also,It's still pretty difficult for me to stand around all day like that. I just can't. I was hurting for 2 days after just standing around at the LFSC open house a few Sundays ago. For the few hours that I was there. I'm falling apart! Need to get a 30K on my old bod!

But,it was really nice to see the Old,and Rare cars that usually never see the light of day.

8. Sad that the nos is there but doesnt really work. It should be usable when its there. Never the less the car was great and clean.

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I've known Gerry for years, he's a real 'character'.

If ya get to know him well, ya gotta love him.

Why he does some of the things he does to his cars (and he's got plenty of them), who knows........I guess it's because he's Gerry!! :)

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'll have to say thanks for the great pics.

Those Indy promo suits have to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen on a young lady.

I'm gonna have AJ call Tony George and ask him if he's lost his mind or just his good taste. He paid money for that? Geeeez.

Speedy308
    Fashion Maven

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The suits have been the same for the last couple of years. And the Gene Simmons' boots are a real pain to wear according to one of the girls.

Tod, btw: I have that shot of one of the girls next to my car. Even taken in Indy, tadaa!

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They just look soooooooo incredibly.......tacky!!! Unchanged from last year? That's also not acceptable, IMO. Wonder Woman should sue them!!
    Do they get a lasso that glows???? C'mon.

Sorry,but even the Middle East race has shown us up on this item.

13. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Looks like a picture for next year's calender??? HAH!

14. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

I thought the same thing when i pulled onto Oak street sunday to park my car, i saw them and right away though 'What the heck do they have Wonder Women doing here???' HAHAHA Very nice looking women, but Awfull outfits....

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It's an idea although the shot ain't great, but she looks good.

16. Anyone know the owner of the black 512TR it was the farthest east towards michigan ave.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think it belonged to a young African American. Nice guy, I spoke with him briefly but didn't catch the name.

18. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    I met him too, my 328 was just opposite his car on the street there. He was going to give me his card, but didn't, because i'm going to be getting the raw footage that WGN shot there on all out cars and was going to get him a copy. He was a nice guy, nice car too, i got a little drool on it myself... :)

19. Yep just wondering if anyone knew him or he was an F-chat member I seen him also with his wife or girl friend. Then watched him drive away at the end. The 512TR looks so good and sounds so mean even when its idleing with the power fans going love it....

20. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #45 Dave Bendl, Jun 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I do believe I took a pic of that 512 TR. Nice car !
    See attached..

Dave
    Image Unavailable, Please Login