Ferraris on the Street | FerrariChat

Ferraris on the Street

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Bob in Makiki, Jun 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Hey Kevin! It was a surprise to see your beautiful black 360 on H1 today. And even more fun to hear it! I love the sound of the 360 engine and could hear your car before I could see it. It can't be too often that there are two 360s passing each other here in Honolulu. That was fun!

Anyway, I thought I would start a thread to say hello when we happen to pass another Ferrari on the street. I recognized your car but this might be a chance for us to say hello when we pass a Ferrari that we don't recognize.

Cheers! - Bob

2. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I saw a beautiful red Ferrari coupe on Bishop street today. It looked like it was a mid-60s car, maybe a Dino 206 GT? I wish I had taken a picture of it; I'm not good at identifying the older Ferraris. Was that one of you driving downtown today (Wednesday)? If so, tell me about your car!

3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
  4. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    If not exactly, then it was quite similar. My view was from behind, not this angle, so I'm not sure. Is that yours?

5. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    There is a replica GTO running around town, that is why I asked. As for Dinos, there is a yellow semi daily that I used to see around, a brown one that Larry is finishing up, and a blue one that I saw many, many, years ago.

6. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Ah. That may indeed be it. The car was bright red, so not one of the Dinos.

Very interesting! Thanks for the insights.