Ferrari's seen on the road | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's seen on the road

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ferrari_Michael, Mar 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Rosso Corsa 430 Spider with rear carbon grill eastbound on the M4 Jct 15 @ 130 this afternoon.

Paul

2. ferrari_fan99

ferrari_fan99 Karting

Oct 30, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hey, hey lay of Vauxhall Corsa's, ive got one!!! Actually, i dont have a crappy exhaust on mine, indeed ive done nothing to it at all, im perfectly happy with my sport spec model. There are some decidedly dodgy looking Corsa's about though.

3. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #128 AlexO91, Oct 31, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
    Lol, standard Corsa's are perfectly ok, i learned to drive in one and i like it alot but theres that tiny percentage that think by putting a induction kit on and an abnormally size exhaust (mainly lads that have just passed there test and what to go fast), and therefore think it now goes and sound like a Ferrari. If they ever had even heard the sound of a Ferrari then they would realise that it's nothing like it.

And yes that kind of does include me, but i won't be doing anything extra to my car. And i hate being in that generation where everyone thinks all teenagers drive at a million miles an hour then crash. Which is why insurance is soooo high at this point in my life.

4. ferrari_fan99

ferrari_fan99 Karting

Oct 30, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Have to say, great post i agree completly. I enjoy cars, and yes I also enjoy speed, but im 18 and my insurance is so damn high that even a minor incident would pretty much wave bye to any driving for a long time. Thus im a sensible enthusiast. 90% of young drivers are sensible. 10% are just crap drivers, with crappy tuned cars.

5. Urgentemente

Urgentemente Rookie

Oct 27, 2008
    #130 Urgentemente, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
    Had just filled up at the Shell at Maghull, Liverpool, on the A59, was on the other side of the road and had pulled into the bus layby to wait for g/f coming out of the same petrol station, saw a distinctive front shape in my wing mirror, stuck my head out of the window and a red F355 (I think...I'm no expert!) went past, sounded great !! Anyone from this board, I didn't catch the reg, too busy grinning!

6. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Exactly.

7. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Rosso Corsa 550 Maranello heading north on the M42 past Bromsgrove at 130 this afternoon

Paul

8. ferrari_fan99

ferrari_fan99 Karting

Oct 30, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Saw a silver 360 the other day outside my halls of residence.

I know this isn't Maserati chat but.... a bit shout out (if he's on here) to the guy in the new Maserati Gran Turismo who i spoke to outside Manchester Grammar School on Friday morning, i was the bloke collecting for charity in pyjamas, but nevertheless it looked beautiful :)

9. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I just got back from a trip to England. Man, you guys in London have a lot of great cars!!

Over the course of maybe three days actually in London, I saw:

Red 599
    Grey 599
    Flat black 599
    Two black 550s
    A TON of Bentleys, RRs, an R8, two Maybachs, a Noble, Dodge Viper, etc etc.

I've never seen that many great cars randomly on the road in such a short period of time and I live in Los Angeles!

10. ferrari_fan99

ferrari_fan99 Karting

Oct 30, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Saw a nice F430 on sunday, he was stopped outside OP at the lights, i crossed in front of him. I expected him to floor it, but he had it in automatic mode and was in fifth doing about 20 mph. I was stood gawping, that beautiful car, and he drives off like a snail, people were looking to overtake him! Not that i condone idiotic driving though ;)

11. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Come on with those pics guys ;)

Gr. Martin

12. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    TDF 360 parked in up Leeds City centre near the Courtyard Pub
    TDF 430 heading past the Sainsburys near David Lloyd about 2 ish

13. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Red 51 Reg 360 at Modena Sud Motorway exit, around 2pm today. Holding up all the traffic at the toll booth...

14. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    All black Bugatti Veryron hammering it down the A316 near Richmond yesterday around 9pm! If I were not in a Fiat 500 I would have given chase!

15. stocky

stocky Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Bolton , England.
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #140 stocky, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    went up to sunderland on saturday for the footie (safc 1 bwfc 4 !!) and spotted this in the players carpark , registered on usa plates , i know its not everybodys cup of tea but was amazed to see one in the uk so soon , it really is a massive car , i know this isnt a ferrari but i thought i would share it with you all .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Makes the M-B CL next to it look agile ;)

Gr. Martin

17. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Black 599 on Queen street Broughty Ferry saturday afternoon.

18. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Black or dark Grey 430 with yellow calipers went through the town centre where i live while i was at the bank. Anybody on here?

19. Kristian

Kristian Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2008
    Seattle area
    sweet car! nice snap too

20. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    NICE!! :D

Do Dodge sell them in the UK or do you have to Import them from the US? Because it seems abit odd if they sell them in the UK and it's got California plates.

21. stocky

stocky Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Bolton , England.
    Full Name:
    Andy
    i got talking to a couple of petrol heads stood nearby and they said that djibril cisse has just had it imported from the usa , not seen any for sale in the uk yet but i guess it wont be long until they are converted to uk spec .......

22. ferrari_fan99

ferrari_fan99 Karting

Oct 30, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Just seen a very nice black 360 Spider. Plate: LJ04 DCN. Down in Fallowfield, Manchester. The yellow calipers really set the rest of the car off beautifully. Was certainly driving quite slowly, but it is cold up here - bad frost last night and I think the Ferrari had been kept outside looking at the frost on the front.

23. jmn

jmn Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    jmn
    Maybe he brought it back from the US! Top Gear definitely bought one in California, apparently because Chrysler wouldn't give then one (or couldn't afford to!).

24. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    nice black 360 Spider reg V8 8 FER in the Dartford Tunnel this evening around 5pm. You passed me on the inside, I was in my Alfa 159 on Italian plates if you noticed.

Anyway, sounded sweet when you gunned it through the tunnel.

25. sevenaurelius

sevenaurelius Rookie

Oct 15, 2008
    That's my car!