FF Capristo full or just oem with remote | FerrariChat

FF Capristo full or just oem with remote

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by jolieinc, Aug 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jolieinc

jolieinc Karting

Aug 3, 2016
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Getting a new 2016 FF. Dealer recommended adding just the Capristo remote to open the oem valves. Thinking the remote only wont be enough.

Any experiences with either or both?

Looking forward to discussing.

2. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I have the Cap X pipe and cans. A deeper tone overall, slightly louder at low RPM, that has more going on over 4k. Stock at 4k+ is tame.

Cap never does the full on high pitched F1 scream at high revs, that would be another brand, like Fi. But it's a better sound all the way around. I like the lower tone. Highway driving slightly more sound but lower tone means overall not audible, tire noise is more. X pipe seems to make it run better, quicker. Could be an illusion. I drove FF with and without same say, this set up seems a tiny touch quicker at low RPM.

Search around, there are threads on this in detail.

3. pcar112

pcar112 Rookie

Jun 16, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Hi Allen, I'm in the same boat as I just replace by 458 with a FF. I'm thinking about doing the same set up as Brian but also thinking about Fi or just a Capristo Switch. It appears that most people goes with either muffler and X-pipe from Capristo or Novitec (although Novitec will be double the price with a similar set up). I haven't heard a Fi exhaust on FF but it supposedly louder than Capristo and Novitec. Hope this help.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if Fi is louder than novitec tread cautiously - my novitec with the valves open drops the jaws of people who have grown up around race tracks....its insane

5. jolieinc

jolieinc Karting

Aug 3, 2016
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Fabspeed is another that sounds great. Novitec would be my choice but not for $14k plus. Capristo says $6950 for the system plus install. They said about 10 hours from the local Lambo dealer. Still waiting to see what Ferrari quotes us. The remote only option is getting quoted at $1,100 installed.

I have Dinan on my 2015 M6 and its a deep sound but my 2016 X5 M stock is louder.

Probably best to wait and keep it stock for now and see how it goes but hate to bring it back to get the work done.

Front the sounds of it above thinking the Capristo is similar to Dinan with more deep sounds rather than the higher Ferrari notes that we really want.

6. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I posted a comparison video between stock and Cap w X. Last 6 months or so. It still screams.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ff-gtc4lusso-f12/512757-capristo-exhaust-ff-examples.html

Novitec and Capristo different, yet not a world apart. Fi is the insane screamer.

7. jolieinc

jolieinc Karting

Aug 3, 2016
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Great video! Anyone know the cost to add FI exhaust? Negatives?

Listening to youtube videos more I would say the capristo is sounding to tame. The FI sounds like a lion roaring.

8. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Fi is a screamer, and loud yes. $7k ish

9. jolieinc

jolieinc Karting

Aug 3, 2016
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Sounds about the same or so. I found online $5500 for the FI system plus install so with 8-10 hours labor $7k sounds about right. Just got my quote for the Capristo at $7995 installed so I think I will wait and get the more fierce sound of the FI. Not looking for a mellow note. I want something that I can accelerate and make some noise.

10. pcar112

pcar112 Rookie

Jun 16, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Can you please send me a link for FI sound Clip? Thanks

11. jerry430

jerry430 Karting

Apr 13, 2010
    i would go for the ipe.... since Ipe and Fi are pretty much made by the same factory but with lot cheaper price

12. jolieinc

jolieinc Karting

Aug 3, 2016
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Search youtube for FI Exhaust FF or something similar.

13. pcar112

pcar112 Rookie

Jun 16, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Also I worried that some aftermarket exhaust will change the characteristic of the glorious V12 sound. Sometime louder doesn't mean better. In addition, I was told that capristo and Novitec are much better made than IPE.

14. jolieinc

jolieinc Karting

Aug 3, 2016
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Sounded different online. Quality of these any good compared to others? Are all made in Asia? Any made in USA, Germany, Italy?

It looks like sounds are all determined by the manettino mode and on a few the remote to open up the valves. Saw that IPE says it can be quiet or loud which is cool when coming hope late at night or leaving in the early am.

15. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Believe me the car stock or with ANY exhaust makes a glorious noise. The Capristo sounds great to me, they all sound good.

16. jolieinc

jolieinc Karting

Aug 3, 2016
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Someone brought up the warranty so I asked the service manager if adding capristo exhaust would void the warranty and basically he said yes it would. So glad I asked because I would have a 2016 with no warranty.

So I guess we will have to stick with the Oem sound which I am sure I will love just the same.

17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    that's absurd - I've had a dozen ferraris with exhausts and never once had warranty work denied.

18. 3240

3240 Karting

Apr 13, 2014
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a Capristo with an x-pipe. I'd look elsewhere. Wish I had gone with Novitec.

19. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I have valves open permanently on my ff and it's loud when I'm on it and aggressive

It's almost like a second set of baffles are closed and open with real hard driving as sometimes comfort sounds quieter when I first start up car and start driving slowly, then after full throttle idle is high and loud , maybe just heat related

Anyway I would t touch the factory, as for me it screams enough, idle hums and is louder than my Superleggera with larini, wondering if maybe I have diff mid pipes from previous owner hrm. It echoes off all the buildings, burbles and pops at lower rpm

20. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    This has been discussed many times here.

It only voids the exhaust. By law, the warranty is in tact.

21. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    EXACTLY Right

22. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    We have dont both - i honestly think the F12 with the full Capristo is just glorious. It really brings the V12 to Life!

23. Capristo Exhaust USA

Capristo Exhaust USA Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 29, 2009
    Riviera Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Capristo Exhaust
    Yes this is correct, Please visit this link to read about this issue further.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

If anyone has any questions about Capristo Exhaust please feel free to contact me. [email protected] or call the number below.

We are currently offering the following package deal.
    Twin Sound (valved exhaust) $4,950
    Remote Kit $650
    X-Pipe $1,550

Package deal $6,950
    We have this system in stock and will give FREE shipping with in the U.S. while supplies last.

24. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Do the valve controller first with stock exhaust. Having valves open at low rpm makes all the difference. If it doesn't float your boat go further on the exhaust mods. This is how I am proceeding with my F12.

25. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    FF exhaust open at low RPM is a big difference, but at high RPM it's still not a big sound. A bit constrained. See the video I posted with the stock vs Capristo with X pipe.