FF Color Help.... Bianco Avus | FerrariChat

FF Color Help.... Bianco Avus

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by rmitchell248, Dec 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hey Guys,

I am finalizing my FF order and I want to ask some help with the color. I have spec'd Bianco Avus with black interior and white stitching inside. My second option is Grigio Silverstone again with black leather but grey stitching.

My question is... Do those of you that have seen the FF or other cars in BA feel that it has too much cream in it? The white is by far my preferred color but I'm afraid that the tone is a bit warm. I was looking at a BA 458 Monday but it was rather dark out and overcast.

Attached is the configurator shot of the car where it does look like a stark white.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Here's my take on it, and note that we speak of perception of colours, so what I say is subjective.

Of all the whites out there, Bianco Avus is one of my favorite whites. The reason for that is this. Whites come in many variants, some are blueish, some are grayish, some are eggy and warm etc. What I do find though, is that few are actually very well balanced and "just white". When I see Bianco Avus, to me, that's very much "just white", without any flim flam. If you go more white, it starts to reflect cool colours like blue and gray more, and to me, that makes it less white. On my sceen, the pics you show, show a white that is somewhat warmer and "thicker" than what I see Bianco Avus as in real life. The dangerous part of this is of curse that I don't have your computer, nor do I have your perception of white, so to just say that this is far from real, is difficult. On my screen it is, and my experience is that the configurator, both at the dealer and on my screen is off quite a bit with all colours. To sum up, to me, BA is a very nice white, It is not cream, it is just a very well balanced white. If it worries you much, you should try hard to see a newer car in BA. If you think the BA is too warm, ask your dealer what can be done with out of range white colours as well. Just be aware that it'll cost you to go that route.

I think your spec sounds very cool and classy at the same time. Nice one.

3. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    #3 Noblesse Oblige, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    DK is right. BA is neither a reddish (called "warm" in the paint business) nor blueish (called "cool"). It has no cream. Mine is below -- Chassis # 200022, how cool is that?

I want to alert you to a possible issue in your interior. I drove a BA FF with Nero interior and white stitching, and the windshield reflection of the stitching got me crazy. This was interesting to me because my 458 dash stitching does not bother me with reflections. Perhaps it is the windshield angle or something like that. You may want to go ahead and get it anyway, and you can always just dye the stitches on the upper dash if they do turn out to bother you. Just a heads up.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Whoopsy

Whoopsy Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Bianco Avus is pretty white by itself, but my Speciale looks quite yellow when parked next to my Glacier White S8.

I have yellow stitching on my FF's dash, they are a constant reflection off the windshield, and same for the yellow stitching on my F12.

5. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm feeling pretty good about the Bianco Avus right now.

Thanks for the heads up on the stitching. I have driven the ff with white stitching quite a bit and it hasn't bothered me yet. We do have less sunshine here than many places. I know that plays a big part in it. Luckily the red stitching in my 458 has never been an issue, I could see how wite may stand out a bit more.

Whoopsy, I have a few white Audis as well in glacier and ibis and that was what I was thinking of as a comparison.

6. Lfpontes

Lfpontes Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    São Paulo
    Full Name:
    Luiz.
    I prefer white on more "sporty" cars, such as the Speciale.

IMO the FF already is a big car, and the white color just makes it look bigger.

Grigio Titanio suits it perfectly.

7. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert

That's funny, Grigio Titano is up there on our list too. Here is the test car we had for a while.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    The white stitching reflected in the windshield really bugged me, so we ordered our car with the upper dash leather in same color stitching, all the rest in contrasting color (red stitching on black leather in our case). Solves that "problem" while retaining the color contrast on the seats and doors and lower bits inside.

9. Whoopsy

Whoopsy Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2012
    Vancouver, BC

Audi's white is the whitest thing ever, it makes everything else looks yellow.

10. ceeagr

ceeagr Karting

Jul 7, 2004
    Docklands London
    Full Name:
    Ali
    I'm going to be choosing a spec in January. I was thinking TDF with Curio, changed to Titano with Bordeaux.

I'm now thinking metallic red, I know their is the special triple layer paint which looks great but seems an expensive option and might be difficult to get touched up later. What's peoples opinion of Rossa Fiorano either with Curio leather or Black leather?

I wasn't going for carbon interior.

Really looking forward to this car as the 612 was sold a while ago.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I personally think the FF looks best in dark and metallic colors. I think its too big of a car for white unless the meeeami look is what gets u going

12. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Ali // The FFs look great in the dark metallic reds including Fiorano. Just avoid the regular bright reds like Corsa. Titano is also excellent in the grays and has many fans, as does Silverstone and Grigio FF. TDF blue needs sunlight or bright night lights to bring out its color. Otherwise it is very dark.

13. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #13 rmitchell248, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014

Thanks for the Input. Having not seen the 458 in white it's good to hear these opinions.

Really after starting this thread and looking at all of my photos I am Leaning towards the Grigio Titano, diamond wheels, black leather and white stitching. I'm seeing what you guys are saying about the metallic colors making the car. Just looking at the side profile of the two cars posted the Titano really shows more lines than the white.

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    love the sound of that
    maybe consider silver or grey stitching because the white stitching is likely to discolor and look dirty...

15. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Color is color. Each of us have our own preferences.

We just traded in a pearl white car. You couldn't tell it was Pearl until you were about two yards away on a sunny day. My point is that it looked like a plain vanilla white car substantially all the time.

We both really got tired of white and would not even consider it for the replacement. Also, white is one of the most popular colors for sedans in the US. So you will blend in.

If you are going to keep the car only a year or two, white may be fine. Longer you may just get tired of it.

Seems like my wife and I never get tired of silver and love bright silver. Nurburgring is gorgeous. And it does not show the dirt. Silver stone shows the dirt more, but you may feel all that cleaning is worth it if you really love the color. There really is no right or wrong answer here.

Most important is to get the color you think you want. Not much worse feeling than going into the garage each day and wishing you had another color.

Best

16. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert

Agree completely. the truly white stitching was only to be with the Bianco Avus. With the Grigio Titano paint we had Grigio Scuro stitching.

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    argento is my fav color by far. my LaF will be argento!

18. Fritz d'Orey

Fritz d'Orey Formula Junior
    Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    #18 Fritz d'Orey, Dec 27, 2014
  19. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    +1 on Argento!

20. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I think Bianco Avus is a wonderful colour for the FF. I spec'd my Cali30 in BA/cuoio and would happily order it again in the same colour combination. IMO, solid standard colours tend to make a car look more sporty whereas derived and metallic colours tend to make it look more elegant. So in part, it depends on whether you get the same vibes from these effects and whether you favour a sporty or elegant look.

People will get used to anything, and it's the same with cars and colours. At some point, you will likely fancy another colour... it's not like marrying the woman of your dreams. :D The colour you pick simply has to suit the car, create a certain aura for you, a feeling you want to associate with the car. If you like it, then it's for you. Other people's opinion reflect their own experiences and may not necessarily fit you.

21. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    It has a great presence when done in Bianco Avus. It has a sporty edge but retains some formality and elegance. I also like the dark reds and grays for they take the car in a more formal direction. And of course black for serious formality.

With BA you can dial in more or less sportyness with your wheel finish -- darker is sporty; silver is formal. The OP's choice was fairly sporty. There is a world of powdercoat colors to choose from, while retaining stock wheels. Or you can go to the aftermarket. Prismatic Powders has 6500+ colors Prismatic Powders: Powder Coating Colors Somewhere in there is one for any car and any taste. :)

22. Mkeeg12

Mkeeg12 Karting

Apr 15, 2014
    Ladera Ranch, California
    Full Name:
    Mathew Keegan
    #22 Mkeeg12, Dec 27, 2014
  23. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thank you all for the input. I am going to go with Grigio Titano.

In photos I've seen and in person I like the way the metallic paint shows the lines of the car. This will be a 30,000km a year car so I'm really trying to stay away from a color that attracts more interest over another. I think the Titano will give a sharp look, show lines nicely but also help the car to not jump out as an eye catcher everywhere I go.

24. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert

It is beautiful!!!