FF exhaust | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FF exhaust

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by SSR, Jun 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    It is possible to get negative performance as the turbulence at the joint is higher than otherwise.

2. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Forgive my ignorance, but why would this be any different from the stock pipe/s? they must join/dis-connect at the same place, correct?

thanks for any insight!
    Cheers

3. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    The flow is actually different as a result of the different mixing of the flows from the two cylinder banks. The fact that the sound is different is a tip off that the flow is different. Since the sound is a function of the flow, you can't change the sound without changing the flow. That change may be small but it is incorrect to say that there is no change in performance. And it may even be negative if the turbulence at the "X" intersection is increased relative to no X-pipe. Turbulence means that energy is being taken out of the flow which raises the need for the engine to push harder to get the gases down the pipes.

Fluid dynamics is complicated business and it is often hard to predict what happens when you change a flow. That's why there are big computer codes for it.

4. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Many thanks!!

I'm going to stick to my capristo rear box and leave it for now

Cheers!

5. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Enjoy!!

6. FFMAC

FFMAC Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mac
    Wish I'd tried the system without the x-pipe initally, so I had a before and after comparison! Curious to know what the sound difference is.

7. Capristo Exhaust USA

Capristo Exhaust USA Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 29, 2009
    Riviera Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Capristo Exhaust
    Thank you for your comments, glad to hear you love the exhaust. As far as the X-Pipe goes we do not have an x-pipe for all of our exhausts, only for the ones that require it to improve the sound. Antonio Capristo always has a reason for producing extra product either for performance gains or for sound improvement. Im sure you would have wanted the x-pipe sound over just having the muffler.

Erik