FF interior sabia/blue or blu/black | FerrariChat

FF interior sabia/blue or blu/black

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Georgemaser, Jan 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    I have been searching for a low mile 2015 or 2016 FF and have come across a couple I am interested in. Both are Grigio Titanio, similarly equipped except one has a lifter, front camera and AFS. I am trying to decide on the interiors. One is Sabia seats with sterling blue dash and steering wheel (2016 with 1300 miles dealer demo) , the other is sterling blue seats with black dash and steering wheel (2015 with 7600 miles one owner). Price is a $20k difference. Not sure which I like more. If the Sabia had black instead of blue I would not have an issue. Not crazy about blue dash and steering wheel. Nor am I crazy about blue seats. I can probably leave with either, though. Can anyone give any insight? Thoughts on resale?

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Oooh tough one as I love both combos.. however GT on Sabbia might look best and the different colour wheel and dash are actually a sweet touch. Please don't worry about resale, I have just gone with what I want and when I did go for resale combos I regretted it because it was not really want I wanted and the car never sold any quicker (again just my humble opinion).

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My preference would strongly be for the blue dash and steering wheel. Im not a fan of black dash and blue seats. Resale wise I think they would be the same. Its exciting you are getting close!

4. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Are there any pictures of the two cars that you could post? I often find that small things like the stitching colour, seat type, carpet/headliner colour and choice of carbon/alu trim etc can make a big difference to the attractiveness of the interior. We'd be in a better position to offer an opinion that way. But for either car, blue is not resale safe so, as other posters have said, go with what you want as you'll be the one looking at it all the time. We have a red interior (also not resale safe) and we love it - to hell with resale. In fact, we rejected most cars with black or brown/tan interiors as being too boring (not to rain on anyone's parade) which just goes to prove the old adage that one man's meat is another man's murder.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. ml321

ml321 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2008
    London/Munich
    I agree, also not a fan of mixing blue and black.

uhn2000 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Here are some pictures of the 2 interiors

7. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Thank you for the photos. They both look really nice to my eye - and blue does go well with silver and lighter greys like Titanio. Having now seen them, I'd concur with others that the Sabia is the nicer of the two.

And if you're really still undecided, just get the one which has the better spec/price for you...

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Tough choice they both look awesome but I love the rims on blue interior car. Also I like how the stitches pop on the blue-black car.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    George, to my eyes its not close. I much prefer the first one: blue dash with creme/ Sabbia seats. Gorgeous. So rich and classy. The other is like they forgot to spec a proper contrast color for the dash.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I agree about the contrast stitching - if you look at the door panels it looks really nice. I agree that a blue interior in isolation can look a bit unappealing - but when set against the Titanio and with the contrast stitching, it really pops.

The wheels are neither here nor there - they can be changed - but my personal opinion is that I prefer the wheels on the sabia car as well as the interior. If it was my money, I'd go with the sabia car. Which one has the lifter and camera?

I think we've just proved that if you ask 4 peoples' opinion, you'll get 5 different answers!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    Sabia is a 2016 with 1100 miles. Blue/black 2015 has 7600 miles with lifter and front camera. Price difference $20k

of2worlds likes this.
  12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Love the sabbia seats with the blue dash... a lovely yachting atmoshpere.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i wldnt spend 20k more for color. id buy the cheaper one and go bet the 20k on black. The car is going to depreciate a ton. sabbia is beautiful. i vote no for a blue interior. thats just not my idea of tasteful

14. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Do that cream. Soooooo much better then that dark interior. What part of the country are you in again George?

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Id spend the 20k because every time I drove in that interior with the black dash and blue lower section I would cringe, and then it would occur to me- I just let the tail wag the dog. But like @ANOpax said, you can get 4 replies and 5 opinions! :)

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    If I had your money I'd spend it too!

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

MedinaCustomClassics likes this.
  17. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    uhn2000 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    To add, get the suspension lifter for sure. Although the FF does sit a bit higher then most, there have been plenty of times that I would have scrapped without it.

I have heard people comment saying that the roads are not that bad anywhere, but this lifter is not for the roads, it for the connections to the roads (i.e. driveways, entrances to commercial properties, etc) and the people that connect these areas don't worry about angles, they just pour concrete/asphalt to connect the two elevations.........nightmare.

Get the lifter. Plus it helps when you sell, which we all do at some point.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    LOL. I can only tell you what you already know, if you are someone for whom details matter, then its more than worth it. If you are not someone for whom details matter, then it's not worth even asking the question and find the least expensive, mechanically good example. To spend even $1 and know I made the wrong choice- that would almost kill me. I would rather spend $0.

20. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  21. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    George I know the lifter is a big decision item but I had my FF for 42000km and I never really wished it had one. Yes it scraped a few minor times but it's not necessary. And after second look at the interiors you might do better to go with lighter one even with a blue dash (which i think is awesome).

of2worlds likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh ive only used the lifter in one specific location. ive driven it and out of nyc with no need of the lifter

of2worlds likes this.
  23. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Wow, uhn2000 and ttforcefed, I'm really surprised you have only used the lift a few times. I use it almost daily.

I wonder if my suspension is set up lower to begin with........hmmmmm, something to look into.

24. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Also George, you asked about resale. In my experience, the farther you get away from standard exterior colors (i.e. black and white) and standard interior colors (i.e. black and tan), the lower the buying audience will be. White on black, black on black, black on tan would be the order, in my view. Not that all the color combos are not beautiful, but there is a reason why the standard color combos are the most available. They sell the best.

Caeruleus11 and uhn2000 like this.
  25. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    #25 vinuneuro, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Some of the light interiors look wonderful, but I imagine them being a nightmare to maintain in a car like FF where likelihood of it being a dd is higher.

Caeruleus11, uhn2000 and of2worlds like this.