FF on main island. Video | FerrariChat

FF on main island. Video

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by YellowF50, Jun 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Just posted in FF section but thought locals may enjoy it and may miss it in that section.

Nice video showing tourist spots on main island in the FF. not sure who the journalist is but he became a true gentleman giving a 22year old waiter the opportunity to drive the FF, and I'm sure he will remember this for the rest of his life.

Tropical Fun in a Ferrari FF! - Epic Drives Episode 15 - YouTube

Sorry if its old news or repost.

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    That was a fun video, but campy at times. I did like the Magnum montage at the end! the main island of the Hawaiian islands is actually Oahu, of which Honolulu is located. Hawaii island is also known as the Big Islands as it is BIG! I also think that FF might be one of WBC's cars as it has an Oahu plate.

3. wbc

wbc Karting

Sep 21, 2007
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Correct - they had the car for a week.

4. marco246

marco246 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2004
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Really enjoyed the video. The Big Island is indeed a wonderful place to live. I've driven my 328 as high as the visitors' center on Mauna Kea, about 9000 ft. ASL. For going to the summit, a 4WD pickup is preferred.

They didn't mention a loss of power the higher up the mountain they drove. At almost 14,000 feet, it is severe. With 600 HP on tap, maybe they just didn't notice it . . . .

5. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    What makes a plate an Oahu plate versus one from the other islands?

6. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Maui, Molokai and Lanai - Starts with M, currently on L, I think.
    Kauai - Starts with K
    Hawaii Island - Starts with H
    Oahu - Starts with E, F, G, J, N, O, P. Currently on R.

7. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Interesting, I'll have to see what my old rainbow plates were when I get home. Only had one set of non-vanity plates. Was bummed when they made me replace my King Kamahama Plates.

8. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I started watching the video, then stopped after the comment..."the 308 was pretty much a crap car".