FF or Lusso V12? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FF or Lusso V12?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by dustman, Sep 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    this is the way to go. not cheap but sickest sounding car ever. if i remember correctly i have the mufflers, x pipe, and hiflow cats with ECU tune all from novi

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I did ask u for adoption right?;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttforcefed likes this.
  3. FerrariTexas

FerrariTexas Karting

Aug 31, 2009
    Austin
    Thanks for the heads-up on the FF model refresh. So model year 2015 brought in some interior upgrades? I will look into the specifics of what changed 2012-2014 vs. 2015-2016.

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i think it was just the infotainment...

5. Outrun

Outrun Karting

Interior and cosmetic upgrades where small and market specific mainly. For example, as ttforcefed pointed out, the 2015 on car got a new head unit with or without CarPlay option. It's from Clarion and can be added anyway although it's idiotically expensive for what it is! It also means that these cars no longer had an option for rear headrest screens and instead Ferrari tried to sell Ipad mounts. The original head unit is Alpine. 2016 on cars got the panoramic glass roof included for example etc.

Mainly the upgrades where to software and control units etc so the later cars are smoother to drive and the 4wd is less intrusive. If you think about it, Ferrari sells low volume numbers so the best way to find out what needs fixing is to sell a few hundred and see what issues come up. They then address these in either one set of changes or in a series of them throughout the lifetime.

If you drive an early car and a later car, you will feel the difference easily. It's not to say the early cars are bad by any means, just feel different. As I researched prior to buying mine, when I learned about the changes, I deliberately sought out a newer car. My reasoning is that it should be less likely to give trouble however this is probably as much in my head as anything!!

6. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    2015-16 have an Euro6 engine exhaust certification, not sure it does anything practical, and as ttforcefed mentions the infotainment is upgraded (well not that good, but it is better anyway). In different markets one get's more standard equipment like electric rear door, or pano roof.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the software updates get done to the older cars whenever they are available - id be careful saying there are differences that are noticeable - im not saying you are making it up, im saying they are probably not measurable. people say this about 06 vs 09 430s, which ive spent plenty of time in both - and if anyone is choosing an 09 over 06 because of comments on this board, well they might be buying the wrong car...

Natkingcolebasket69 and dustman like this.
  8. FerrariTexas

FerrariTexas Karting

Aug 31, 2009
    Austin
    Thank you. That's a very helpful description of the process and makes a lot of sense.