FF Steering Wheel Swap | FerrariChat

FF Steering Wheel Swap

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Bahb7, Oct 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bahb7

Bahb7 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 8, 2011
    Boston, MA area
    Has anyone swapped out the steering wheel on their FF from the standard steering wheel to the carbon steering wheel with LED lights?

Is this plug and play? Or does this require a trip to the dealer to be plugged into the computer?

Is the wiring harness for the carbon/LED wheel already present, even if the car comes with the standard wheel?

Where could I source a carbon/LED wheel? Possibly a used one, or from a salvage yard?

Anybody have part numbers for a carbon/LED wheel and any other parts needed to make the swap?

Approximate cost for parts? Labor if a trip to a dealer or shop is needed? (I’m generally pretty handy with tools, but don’t have the factory computer if I need to plug into something.

2. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  3. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    The question has been asked a couple of times already. The swap itself is very simple. But you will need the dealership to code the leds into the ECU. That's about 2500USD just for that. A friend recently got quoted 9000 Euros for the full swap, including purchasing the steering wheel.

ANOpax likes this.
  4. Bahb7

Bahb7 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 8, 2011
    Boston, MA area
    Thanks guys.

Good input!