FF Tachometer Back Light | FerrariChat

FF Tachometer Back Light

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by 550nitis, Oct 5, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    On my recent acquired FF I noticed the tachometer backlight has only one setting, that it is just faintly on all the time, doesn’t matter if the headlights are on or off, it is just one dim setting. Although I make the dimmers go higher or lower, the light on the tachometer stays the same.

I have the red color tach, the dealer says this is normal. I drove one with a black face tach and when the lights were off the tach illuminated perfectly and when the lights came on, it adjusted.

Is the dealer right in this? I’m assuming there is an issue that the tach isn’t illuminating correctly.

2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    It does sound like your tach has an issue as I don’t see any reason why a red one should behave any differently from a black one.

There is more than one dimmer/light sensitivity setting so do make sure you’ve replicated all the settings that you saw on the black tacho.

For example, if you have the headlights off but are indoors, the car may be keeping the tacho dim because it senses low ambient light.