FF Tire Choice | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FF Tire Choice

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Ric A, Feb 19, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yea, if a guy posted a youtube video it's gotta be true. :D

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I have to say that I completely disagree, and that is based on my personal experience. Yes, if you can keep the temps up, then, and only then can you have better grip.
    I have had some interesting experiences with exactly this, and boy can the summer tyres lose traction even in the dry.
    In November just prior to putting winter tyres on the Lusso, I had a hairy experience on MPS4S. On-ramp to motorway, eased into the throttle, car was in wet mode, no dramatic acceleration as there was traffic,and it was 6 degrees C. Rear end stepped out and had a hell of a time gripping. Tyres had been run as was "warm", or as warm as leisurely driving permitted. Trust me when I say that they had all **** for grip. Yes, if you track in cold conditions or run stupid fast ont he back roads, then, and only then can you get proper heat into the tyres. But on a day to day basis winter tyres have MUCH better grip in the cold dry weather as well.
    Youtube vids needs to be taken with a grain of salt, and there are way too many tyre reviews from people with either an agenda or whom do not know what they are doing.

otakki likes this.