FF Tire Options | FerrariChat

FF Tire Options

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ric A, Feb 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ric A

Ric A Rookie

Feb 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Alexander
    Guys hi, I’m new to the forum and hope you can help

I’ve got a 2015 FF which I love, however I find the road noise on some surfaces a bit annoying so I’m considering a rubber swap from the standard P zeros

Has anybody had experience of other tires, specifically from a road noise perspective? I’ve seen a few posts where people have swapped to Michelin Alpins or SottoZero but not seen any comments about how this impacted cabin noise.

Thanks in advance

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    You will find that hard rubber with little traction is significantly quieter than soft rubber with big traction.

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a Ferrari; though.

3. Ric A

Ric A Rookie

Feb 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Alexander
    Thanks Mitch. I realise this is the general principle, but I assume that people who have fitted things like the SottoZero don't automatically find themselves in a ditch. I'd just like the opinion of people who have actually tried different tires on the FF. Kind regards

4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    post this in the FF sub forum for better results...(use the search function there too)

5. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    consumer reports have tires rating on noise.. I would try there first.
    tirerack also do tests, and do including tire noise