FF values. What's going on? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Hopefully you have the list of owned items in writing, or they might forget about them after a while.

2. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    Thanks, I wish I was that smart, definitely trusted the GM too much and thought it was a good relationship. As luck would have it, that Maserati dealership in Woodland Hills has closed down (not shocked) and any email or cell phone text messages have gone unanswered since the car was delivered. Good news is the car is awesome :) With how unprofessional they were, I was afraid I had bought a lemon, but so far so good!

3. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    We are all guilty at one time or the other about not having things in writing. There was always that feeling of good relationship in the air else none of us would ever sign on the dotted line. That good feeling makes us forget things like that. Anyway, it's good that your car has been solid since ownership.

Sonicsound likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  5. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
  6. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Wow .Maybe I need to reconsider whether to get a lusso over a FF or at a min, adjust what I should pay for a FF. Any reason why this one so low or is that where the true market is for a lusso now?

7. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I think if you can wait a year, the market will see a significant increase in Lussos available as people put up the ones they were made to buy to get the Pista. Something very similar happened to California Ts that were sold as a package with the F12 TDF.

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    significant increase? oh you mean an increase in supply so price will go down. yes for sure. selling a 2017 cali t specced nicely was a disaster around the TDF timeframe. ask me how i know!

of2worlds likes this.
  9. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    ? , page says
    Curious on how you know that?

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Wonder what msrp was - 400ish probably?

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

11. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Good friend was looking at the car and got them down to that. Ended up not going through on the purchase and instead went for a Lusso T

12. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    If that is a 220 car, a 2012 ff with 20k miles should be 100k. Ooch. Or nice as a buyer. Ha

Jaguar36 likes this.
  13. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    I can always wait (I have 3 cars and as of this moment, take public transportation to work). That's the practical me. The issue is once I figure out I want something, it's hard to keep that from happening. Hahaha. I will try. At least very picky in specs and price I will move on now.

14. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Exactly!

15. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I think FF is a huge bang for the buck. I finally understand why to some veteran fchatters, FF is commonly considered their favorite. I am now driving the FF much more than the 458.

I bought the 2016 and will buy the extended warranty next year.

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    it's 6 years this month since i've owned my FF. im going to go through my service history and report back what the total dollars spent so far has been after 30k miles. ill probably create a new thread.

17. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Not sure where all the doom and gloom is coming from regarding prices for the FF and Lusso. In the UK FF prices have really hardened with the cheapest 2012 high milers (40k) still commanding 125k which is around 45% of their new price some 6 + years ago. Not bad at all really.
    An early 2017 V12 Lusso with 10k miles is the cheapest on the market at 240k and is just 40k below new cost which means less than 15% depreciation in 18 months. No other manufacturer can boast that kind of price stability. Of course you will be able to buy a Lusso next year for just under 200k but it will have been a publicity hack, will have had many drivers and will have had every mile hammered home and, with respect, you would be welcome to it but i bet you wouldn't keep it for long.

Both the FF and the Lusso are so different from all the other alternatives that they have created their very own niche which has really developed over the last six years all thanks to Luca who saw the need and responded to the few and thanks to him I can bash up and down to Sicily as often as I like in supreme comfort.

MedinaCustomClassics likes this.
  18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    in the usa - my stickerswas almost 390. wld be lucky to get 120k for my 30k mile car today.

19. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    That is a far greater depreciation than in Europe. Back when you bought new the exchange rate of around 1.4 would put your car at very much the same as the UK new cost but on todays exchange rate your valuation puts it at 92k UK£ so 25% less in real terms in comparison.

As has been said before on another thread, the US market does have a higher percentage of fixed term lease purchases whereas in the UK the majority are bought so in 2015 when many 2012 US cars would be approaching 'end of term' we in the UK experienced a shortage of good colour combo used FFs in fact mine sold within a week of being on the dealers forecourt in 2016.

Yours is a lot of car for that money so why would anyone sell?

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    agreed. going to keep it forever. hopefully will be the first F car i put 100k miles on.

Bundy, otakki and FFantastic like this.
  21. FerrariTexas

FerrariTexas Karting

Aug 31, 2009
    Austin
  22. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Remember, the low FF numbers are for FFs that are older than 2014 without good options or color combos.

2014 and newer FFs with all the right stuff are holding value really well.

23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Lol no they arent. Older ffs had more options that the new ones because people speccing the 2012s were on la ferrari duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I wondered the same. The accident didn’t even seem that bad...a good deal... maybe?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk