FF values. What's going on? | Page 15 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    2012 and look at the options and color combo :eek:

2. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    It is actually difficult to decide on the color combo due to the poor photography. I have a Gregio Ferro Metalic (similar to Silverstone) with Iroko (darker brown) & Grigio Sucoro carpet/carbon fiber trim interior. Which I think looks stunning and have received many compliments but may not be your favs. You really need to see in person the interior to decide. There is a lighter brown color which I really don't care for at all which seems similar to how the pictures appear but as I said the camera work is terrible.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    It has two accidents on carproof ($17k and $38k)

of2worlds and yamashek like this.
  4. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Show us some pics! It already sounds so enticing!!

of2worlds likes this.
  5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    This is a FF thread and my car is a 612 OTO. Wrong thread for 612 pics. IMO

6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Nah. For color purposes post em.
    Sounds great combo. GF is a great color. I’m looking for a F12 in that color.

Shows us your car. Please.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. FerrariTexas

FerrariTexas Karting

Aug 31, 2009
    Austin
    This doesn't look good:
    [​IMG]

8. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Whoa! That looks like something that has spent considerable time exposed to the sun. What's going on there? Is that the sticky knobs and buttons that some have mentioned.

9. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    F355 Fan - well said, Mercs are incredible cars, especially the 2017+ Amg line-up, hard to beat, they lack the sex factor and the Ferrari v12 powerplant scream and feel, but better in most other ways, still an FF is a hell of a car, if you don’t mind the Ferrari brand association which can often be negative. While they are every day useable, they are out of place in most every day uses, personally I don’t subscribe going to the grocery store, or taking the kids to school in a Ferrari, not good for the kids not good for building a sense of community, so my issue with the FF has always been the paradox between it’s admitably very broad range of qualities vs its ability to fit into wear those qualities, not from a functional, but rather a societal perspective

timjen88, My 1st and gh0st0 like this.
  10. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    That’s toeing the line, driving the car for the fun of it versus not looking like a show off. I think that’s at the back of everyone’s mind when they get a car like that

11. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Life is short. Depends on the community. I take my kids to school or pickup all the time. I think you’re making sweeping generalizations that may not apply to all others here . And secondly the “associations” are not likely to be considered negative to most on this board. It’s the whole Picture. The children dropped off in a Ford GT behind the R8GT in my sons’ school don’t seem to notice.
    If mercs make you fit in and Ferrari’s don’t, you have a problem. And if you’re driving something to make someone happy or not to offend someone, move.
    Drive what you want and be a good person. Cars don’t define you, actions do. The rest doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otakki, RamsHmb, Bundy and 3 others like this.
  12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    How old are u guys who like the amgs? At 42 the feeling i get after driving them is hunk of junk. At 52 maybe ill get it.

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    fair point, it’s about where you live and associate. if you are in a bubble like Carmel, Bev Hills, Aspen etc then you can just be with the 1% and none of these cars seem over the top. But the rest of the areas it’s far from normal and it can have a serious impact on family and associations let alone safety.

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    True for sane people, but not those that commit vandalism on others property including cars.

Are you in Winter Park, FL or CO? If the former, I used to live in the Dr. Phillips area. I think Winter Park and other parts of Orlando it's completely normal to have a Ferrari or other high end car. I see them all the time nowadays when I head back there and go out for dinner. I'm currently in a place where having anything nice like that would be broken into if left unattended outside.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Winter Park Florida.

I get your point. Safety of course. Yes when we were in STL with car jacking it was an issue. But aside from safety life is too short to care. The same people who judge at school are the ones who call for donations. And we make them happy so judgement is not an issue.

16. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    I own several exotics, Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, the 2018 e63s wagon is a weapon, every bit as good as my FF, no question, and a lot more practical...

17. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    I live in one of the priciest codes in the US within Marin county, I still don’t feel comfortable, but that’s just me... I have an extensive collection, and I drive all of them, I drive them early before cops and cyclists and traffic, and I enjoy them, have for years, but they’re back in the hangar by 9am, it’s a personal preference, I feel society is bifurcated enough, no need to rub it in, I like these cars because of the design, and the engineering and the performance, that’s why i would never be caught dead taking one to a lunch or a dinner or a club, it defeats the purpose of why they exist, again that’s just me

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    how old or young are you?

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    why bother owning an FF then? the things you described are exactly what the car was built for, to do mundane things!

20. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    The FF was designed to be driven to a lunch ? I’m not sure I follow

I put 15k miles on the FF the first year, lots of spirited driving, some commuting, and a few 2k mile round trips ...

Anyway I’m not trying to convince you of anything just offering my perspective, and that of the silent majority I believe, but I could be wrong

of2worlds likes this.
  21. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    To each their own. Ff serves a utility function for me. If i didnt care about snow id prob drive an f12

ScottS likes this.
  23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ive tried to like the MBs. I actually want to like them but never get there.

24. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    Same here, for years I wanted to like them, never did, I thought their AMG powerplants were great but their trannies and handling and the rest of the package was never there, plus they aged so badly... their latest offerings are a completely breed, the GTS is a good car, the GTR is a great car and so is the e63s, but we’re talking 2018 + not earlier ... to qualify this, I’m not one to like digital cars, I prefer analog and have raced since I was 6, karts, later rally, GT and so on, I’m an old school heel and toe driver and I understand vehicle dynamics, still latest AMGs are very very good, first time IMHO ahead of BMW and maybe Porsche