FF values. What's going on? | Page 21 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

As in Tony romo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    No. Romo who is a member here

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

LOL

4. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Yes agree with that. Owned by a by a member who takes car of his cars and is a special guy :)
    I think that car looks great. Although for some reason the silver piping around seats doesn’t seem to work to me? Maybe it was specd that way because The calipers are silver? I saw a few months ago a similar looking car but have a chocolate brown piping which looked much better In my opinioN.

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    piping is barely noticeable to me. what i wld change are the wheels...put silver wheels on that and the calipers will pop. i had the dark wheels on my car for years and cldnt believe how much better it looked when i went with silver wheels. the silver calipers are totally lost with the dark wheels

6. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Would a 2016 really have many bugs ironed out as hypothesized before?

7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I think that is oversold, personally. Plenty of 2012/2013 FF owners have reported good reliability.

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    who knows - many bugs are often time based and not miles - not sure a 2016 gets you much more obvious peace of mind. that being said if you can find a 2016 for a small premium compared to a 2012 then go with the newer car. but if a specific color is important i wldnt pass on a 2012 because its a 2012

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Aside CarPlay I don’t see an awful lot of certain changes indeed

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    even with carplay i think ur better off getting the old system and upgrading to a top of line kenwood, alpine etc and getting carplay that way

11. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Fully optioned 2014+ FFs are holding their value quite nicely. I paid $190K for my 2014 (lots of options) white on black in May of 2017 and I'm confident it is still worth $170K. So 20K over two years (or 10K per year) of depreciation, that's amazing for these types of cars.

As some examples, our 2016 Huracan bought new for $247K, we sold 15 months later for $180K (ouch :()
    our 2015 Porsche Turbo S we bought new for $191K, is probably only worth $140K
    our 2015 G550 we bought new for $115K is probably only worth 70K
    our 2016 Bentley Cont. Convertible V8S we bought new for $237K is probably only worth $150K

The only other car that has done well in holding value is our 2017 McLaren 570GT, that we paid around 190K for, it's probably still worth $170K, but McLaren is such a hot brand right now.

I think you will get some downward movement in value on the 2012s, but I really feel the 2014+ (with the right color combos and options) have bottomed, or at least will level out somewhat. In otherwords, you can get in and get out without getting hammered.

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ur the only one who sees that. Look at the auction results I posted. How you can say they’re holding value nicely? It is alexandra cortez like.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

I must admit I’m
    Puzzled u see it holding so well;)

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  15. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Hahaha, ttforcefed, you're the master of arguing the FFs value crash, but you never have legitimate broad support for that. You post the "exceptions" and use those as support for the overall FF market. That's way more AOC like ;)

timjen88 likes this.
  16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Are u kidding? The board is 97 percent of people who dont own a ferrari and will never. Not only do i have a ton of skin in the game i have tools to help me understand what something is worth.

Im down 62 percent on my ff. Im not arguing anything as i have real life evidence so who needs broad support from non owners? Def not me

Nospinzone and G. Pepper like this.
  17. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    You have to show all the details for this data to have any meaning. There is a huge difference between a bad color combo and low optioned vehicle and one that has the desired color combos and the desired options. This is true for any vehicle, not just the FF.

18. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Creating a dialogue so I can get my post numbers up, so I can get rid of the "karting" label, hahaha

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh right keep telling yourself that...romo;s 2014 is at 160k something and no bites...

20. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Well, I don't know who Romo is, and no disrespect to this fine gentleman, but.......................It's not a desirable color combo and it has barely any options (doesn't even have the pano roof, that people love). Not to **** on those with that color combo and no pano roof, but those are the things that drive value, as I keep saying, yet, you continue to use examples of the wrong setup and then tell me "keep telling yourself that"? Are you not understanding? :confused:

As I have said, many times (with no credible response), show me the 2014+ with the desirable colors and options for $150K and I'll retract my argument. You never do, so what are you trying to accomplish here?

timjen88 likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    oh please stop. desirable? you think white is desirable?? 3 of the auction cars were white!!!

22. Natkingcolebasket69

The last bat car was white and all options and 2 years warranty left and transmission changed. It only got to 146

bellwilliam and G. Pepper like this.
  23. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Words without data again, hahaha. Show me the specs and the prices, not just year, mileage and price.

And yes, white is one of the desirable colors. May not be forever, but for right now it is. Car fashion follows clothing and housing fashion, and whites, grays and blacks are it right now.

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i've supplied more data than anyone in this thread, thank you. not conjecture. i bought my FF new. i state the facts so people can be informed and not base decisions on the buzz that you create. like a pano roof makes the car worth more - and pigs can fly too. it shows how little experience you have with ferraris. outside of the LEs, options are massive loss - the cars that depreciate the least are the ones without options. keep spewing your insights based off buying one FF and if anyone's views are self serving, they are yours not mine as i've openly made it known im down almost 65% in my ff.

BOKE, G. Pepper, bellwilliam and 2 others like this.