FF values. What's going on? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Right, Black and no pano roof, so this is not the set up I was referring to. (i.e. not applicable) ;)

Gum12345 likes this.
  2. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Again, 2012 is not applicable. I'm talking 2014 and newer with a high-demand color and the high-demand options

3. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I have pano roof on my 612 oto. The novelty wore off. Indifferent towards having one.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

5. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Been a Ferrari owner since 1973 so lets compare values of similar cars 2 seat vs 4 seat:
    250 GTE vs 250 SWB
    330 GT vs 330 GTC
    365 GTC4 vs 365GTB4
    308GT vs 308 GTB
    Pattern emerging?

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    No.
    Apples and oranges, all your examples are considered collector cars, discussion here is about FF and other modern Ferraris.
    Without exception (nothwithstanding LE) all modern Ferraris become just used cars withing a few years.

7. Doctor Mark

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    This preceeded them becoming collector car. Existed long before those days.

8. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

1986-1988 Mondial 3.2 Coupes were, in my opinion, Ferrari's best looking 2+2

Joe

9. Doctor Mark

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    FWIW my experience with modern Ferraris, LE excepted, is that they lose money some faster than others.
    Stocks and bonds may be investments production Ferraris are not.

Gh21631 likes this.
  10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Seems we are on the same page as per you last post.
    Btw, all the cars you listed were virtually worthless before they became collectible, regardless of how many seats they had.

11. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #161 Laserguru, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Indeed true. But there are some of the moderns that have already bounced off the bottom and are growing more valuable as time passes. The last 6 months or so have seen a ~7% devaluation from a recent peak but models like the 550 and 456/456M have clearly passed through their minimums. In particular, 6MT can be a significant value adder as is the case with 575s (~3x the price of a F1 trans) and 456Ms (now at a delta of ~2.2x and growing compared to autos, GT vs GTA).

Note that the investment grade/Enzo era models trade less and less and the value is now out of reach for all but the truly wealthy. The next tier down of us are finding particular models with distinguished characteristics to now be the trading fodder of the game. Sure, there are also the models that have fallen in value, are fun cars to own and drive, and any expectation of real collectability in terms of investment are unlikely to hold up. But a careful pillaging through Hagerty valuations will show some definite growers.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  12. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    I sold my well optioned 2014 FF with 17kmi for 145k and after quick refresh the car was resold by dealer at 160k. That was 6months + ago.

Go try and sell an FF and see what the market offers.

13. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Hi Joe, I'm going to have to ask you to leave............hahaha, jk

14. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Baron, that's brutal. Wait, you said "dealer sold it". Did you trade it in on something else at that same dealer? A dealer is always going to give you way less then the true market value of the car, since they have to represent it and make money on it (exotic dealerships are very expensive to operate) If this was a dealer deal, I think they popped it for $160K quickly because they already made 20K on the deal. I bet your car was worth North of $165K. What color was it and what options did it have?

15. Doctor Mark

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    In recent years, my experience with selling to a dealer is similar to a proctoscopy without the lubrication.

16. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Dealers always offer less, but they'll also take it off your hand when you want it gone. I'm guessing he gladly would have sold it privately if the offers were coming in at any reasonable amount or pace. And hey, it still took the dealer another 6 months to sell. Good deals don't last 6 months. The reality is that there was probably not a single buy within 6 months to offer more than $160k. It probably meant they got offers in the 150s.

Had he waited 6 months, he probably would have gotten $155K, tops.

17. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    exactly
    wanted to offload with my lusso coming
    6 months wait not worth the hassle for 10k
    most buyers at 150k finance, and they don't like to buy to private buyers for such a sum
    this is just the market and the cost of ownership
    2kmi FFs are plenty. 17kmi ones are high mileage.

18. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    the dealer sold it for 160k, including slight work on the car. that's the market value

19. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Noone1, I don't think he said it took 6 months to sell, I think Baron said his transaction was over 6 months ago. So $160 with slight work done (not sure what that was) so, in my view, the car was worth $165+. My deeper point is a few here have suggested that the FF is $120K and falling, and that is just not true, never will be.

20. Doctor Mark

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Ultimately the value of a car is what someone else is willing to pay for it. All the rest is speculation and BS.
    My experience is that it is always less than I had hoped for- LOL.

21. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Pretty much sums up this thread Dr.Mark :cool:

timjen88 likes this.
  22. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    One of the truths about how the market works.
    Btw, the other poster who traded his FF fo $145k and dealer sold it later (after some minor work) for $160k, that is more then fair difference.
    Dealers have a lot of overhead to pay, have also more credibility then an individual when selling a high line car and are entitled to make a profit.
    10% gross profit on a used car is not a lot at all.
    Besides, in most cases the seller gets a tax credit toward the new car so that $15k difference would be even smaller in reality.

otakki likes this.
  23. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    I did not trade in. Just sold to an F dealer who had a client for MY car.
    So it was a quick move, sold the car in 2 weeks. Same for them. Little expense involved from them.
    During winter, not the best time to sell.

Most F car dealers will not be so excited at trading in or buying an FF. They know the FFs don't move.
    When I was looking at buying mine in 2016, I realized most of the cars present at dealers were on consignment.
    When I bought mine, and asked dealer where the resell value would be a year after with 25kmi, they told me 125k at best.
    I did better but did less miles.

At current prices, buying an FF is a very good deal. They will still depreciate. '14 lower mileage that were 210k cars 2 years ago are 170k cars at dealers with same mileage now.
    Wait for the winter to see those at 150k all across the board, which his good news as they are very fun snow machines!

24. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Indeed.
    Tremendous value, really a lot of car for the money.

FerrariTexas and otakki like this.
  25. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    or better yet, without sedation.