FIA Silver Formula 1 coins - anyone familiar? | FerrariChat

FIA Silver Formula 1 coins - anyone familiar?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Gilles27, Nov 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    #1 Gilles27, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've had these things laying around for almost 20 years (+ one for Jacques Villeneuve). I've done the usual internet searches, but can't seem to find out what, if anything, they're worth. Is anyone familiar with them? I'm unloading most of my F1 merchandise, so right now I'm in the pricing phase...Big surprise, my 7 year-old daughter thinks they're "really cool-looking". She might end up with them :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I haven't research these individual coins but most of those commemorative coins, and I have hundreds, are worth little more than spot.

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Thanks Ron, as I suspected. That should make my daughter happy!

4. TCJ1965

TCJ1965 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Nice coins and there are plenty of Senna/Schumacher fans that would like to get them. Start them off at what you paid for them and see how they go......

I bought a Canada Post/Canadian Mint one they did for Gilles Villeneuve for about $40 CDN so they should fetch at least that IN USD.

Cheers!
    Terry Jones
    Ottawa, Canada