Fight with my friend Bout F-Cars and civics | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fight with my friend Bout F-Cars and civics

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Evan.Fiorentino, Oct 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    ya' don't think they're PAID to be there do ya'?

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

All it takes is a couple $$$ spread around at the Gentleman's Club and you too can have a bunch of teasers at your car show...

3. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    I like Civics and I like Civic Si's especially, in fact I want one for a first car! HOWEVER, I have common sense. I'd take my dad's 360 over my possible Si no matter how many mods and how many zillion horsepower it has. I'm not an idiot!

I like Civics because they're good at what they're designed for: being inexpensive, easy and cheap to maintain, and reliable. The Civic Si just adds 'slightly sporty' to that list, but is still all of the others. I wouldn't in a million years think a Civic is better than a Ferrari, and Civic owners should at least acknowledge the fact their cars weren't designed to go fast. At all.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Give it a couple of years until Monterey Historics makes the change, I can see it now....

Jim G's 330 P4 surrounded with hot swimsuit models complete Earth shattering bass & a breakdance contest......werd

5. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Depends on the F-car.

6. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    So you're suggesting that there is a CHANCE that you would take a Civic, depending on which F-Car there is?

Wow....

7. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    yeah, I gotta see this reply....

8. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Thank you for being an import guy with a brain..

9. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA

The import kiddies couldn't handle the torque of a Lambo. They'd be more at home in an F-car. :) As for the P on tap? Well someone here said it best:

"When the doors go up, the panties go down."

Now i go put on my fireproof suit. :D

10. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

Yes, I'd take a Turbo Civic or Turbo Integra over a Mondial or 308. Any other F-car besides those two I would take over the Honda.

11. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    ...the 'ol Sarge is at a loss for words...guys...

12. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If he likes Civics more, then why argue it?

13. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    For the same reason Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door?

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Arguments like this just prove that Ferraris are an acquired taste... The existence of the argument is inane - it's like what Garrett said, who's prettier, John or Jessica - it's just not a sensible comparison...

Why don't you go hang out with your friend and check out his car... Experience it, see what you like about it and tell him... Arguing about which is better is just so far away from making sense, i can barely fathom how this thread even exists in the first place... You'll never get him to like Ferraris unless you can get him a ride in one or even a chance to drive one himself... For some people, all it takes is a look... For others, a simple raspy bark from the exhaust... But still others are a bit harder to push over... Don't argue with guy; it's just silly...

15. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Maybe this dude would want the "Lamborossa" over his Honda if he saw it?

16. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

I'm not saying I like Civics more then Ferraris, but it's simple really. I think the Mondial is the worst looking F-car ever made, and well, even if it wasn't an F and something else then I'd still say it's ugly. Second, it's not that fast/quick and don't give me the, "it's not a drag car schpeel, it's about the feel and handling." Blah, blah, blah oldest Ferrari excuse next to the losing a race to some car and saying, "Yeah, but I have a Ferrari/Going home in a Ferrari". That's just brand snobbery and pathetic reasoning to make yourself feel better to losing to what you deem as an inferior car. Push on the gas and it's making a ton of noise but itsn't going anywhere then you might as well be driving an automatic-Geo Prism. Acceleration is just as important to the spirited driving experience as is handling, both of which a turbo Civic Si and GSR Integra can beat any of the cars I mentioned. With out the addition of a turbo they are both comparable in terms of acceleration if not quicker and they both have a higher lat. g. and yes, I'm aware of the whole lat g. doesn't mean good handling, but opinions arise when all the mentioned F's are in the low 80's and the Honda's are upper 80's. Which would you feel more comfy driving? Also, everyone knows a MR has a different feel, and it's a lovely feeling too, but if a Civic and Integra can keep up with you in a Ferrari then theirs a problem. Granted the Civic or Integra is no beauty, but I think it's easier on the eyes then a Mondial. The 308 albeit is a nice looking car with some more modern tires/wheels, very classy car, but it's still not that incredibly fast/quick. The Rampante badge isn't the equivalent of putting on power adders/handling ability. The Mondials, 308's, and I forgot the 208's aren't good performers when you look at it. Oh yes, and since we are talking about Turbo Honda's then both would be faster/quicker then either of the mentioned F-cars. I mean, just look at it how I see it. Besides the 308 looking classy the only thing going for either 3 of those cars are that they have a Ferrari badge on them. Badging on a car means nothing to me, hence my reason for the turbo civic over a 308/Mondial/208. I once wanted to get a 308 a while back, but that's until I researched them. DISSAPOINTED.

17. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    well said Carbon...there just isn't a point. Never ceases to amaze me why these guys are even on Fchat, unless its pushing the devil's advocate angle...

18. 1badimport

1badimport Karting

Oct 17, 2005
    Indiana
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience everytime.

19. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005
    WISE THOUGHTS!!!!

20. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Well, lol, what is the issue? lol
    He likes his cars, lol, and you like yours, lol.
    I can't say I'm neutral on this issue ...lol, but why bother arguing about it? lol. He's gonna enjoy drag racing his modded to the hilt 600hp Civic, and you'll enjoy driving a 360 on canyon runs. lol
    What's the big deal? lol

21. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    uh.......are you laughing?

22. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    I was wondering the same.

23. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    Are there actually any of these guys on F-Chat? The thread poster made reference to a guy who isn't on this board. Chevarri said he'd prefer a non F car to some super old models of F-car which is understandable(He only cares for newer). I'm in the same boat. I have no interest in super old Ferraris. Testarossa and beyond for me.

24. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    no he is prorobly just criticizing me for saying that but w/e doesnt bother me.

Anyone im not the one who wants to argue i said i respect civics for what they do and stuff and he just kept on givivng s**t about it so i continued to argue back. we haent talked about it the past two days.