Fight with my friend Bout F-Cars and civics | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Fight with my friend Bout F-Cars and civics

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Evan.Fiorentino, Oct 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

I've driven cars of older vintage than that, infact I did it last night. It was pretty fun, but it braked like crap! The sense is that the question was asked if one would rather have a turbo Civic or a Ferrari, I said it depended on the Ferrari.

That's where I disagree, just because it's a Ferrari doesn't mean it's the end all, at least it is for me.

2. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Try this' "If I have to explain it, you will never understand." That pretty much sums it up.

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Is this thread still going on?

4. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    Nah, they're just copying and pasting clips from various other threads and hoping it matches the previous posters theme.

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i agree... Ferrari IS the end-all for me, but i don't like them because of the badge... i don't hold them in any higher regard merely because the word Ferrari is on the back... i was in a factory stock Audi yesterday that was so much fun and i'm sure it would give some of the older Ferraris a run for their money... But even an Infineon R8 doesn't appeal to me the way a 308 GTSi does...

6. teterman2004

teterman2004 Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2005
    Eielson, Alaska
    Full Name:
    BriBud
    Whatever happened to the good ol' fashioned MOTORHEADS among us??!!

I mean, why trash some kid for pumping 200hp out of his "ricer"??

Sure, a helluva lot of this thread is all about TASTE and preferences, but you gotta admit that the tuner crowds are doing AMAZING things with their cars, both in sheer 1/4 mile performance AND handling. Stock SI's are dogs, sure, but they are turned into fire-breathers by your pimply faced neighbors everyday.

The wings-n-things-bling-bling in the tuner market is a bunch of fugly whooey, but that's my taste (and I don't really like the looks of the enzo, for that matter), but seeing a 4-inch turbo pipe snaking around the engine is pretty impressive, did I say I was a MOTORHEAD?!

I'm a MOTORHEAD, a GEAR GUY, and a CAR NUT :), and I think most of us here are too. Ferraris are and have been the pinnacle of automotive elan for over 50 years now, and nothing's gonna change that. But when a 454 chevelle rumbles by, or a cheap "ricer" runs a 13 sec quarter, hell, I'll take a second look. Don't you?

7. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    It starts with an "E".

8. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

9. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I would have to agree on one thing though. Mondials are caca. I had a chance to pick one up in excellent condition, and I passed up. I want to start my Ferrari life with something awsome. (Kinda like, loosing virginity, you don't want to loose it with an ugly chick.)

10. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Same here. In a few years I'm gonna make sure my first FCar is a Nero 355 Berlinetta six speed. I'm so obsessed with that car, after being in a 360 and 355 I'll take the 355. It's just so much more raw, whereas the 360 is too refined over the 355. The Challenge Stradale excepting, ofcourse.

11. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    The Civic is a great car, I've gotten 140k+ trouble free miles out of mine. It is no more of a performance car than a Ferrari is a pratical car, so these comparions are senseless. Bash the idiots who think a Civic is equal in performance to ANY Ferrari but do not bash the Civic itself as it has been a class leader for decades.

12. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    bwahahahaha!!!!!!

that's awesome! i'm proud of my cherry-popping story, but sadly i know a LOT of guys and girls who are embarrassed about it, that's just sad.

13. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    4 out of the 5 cars in my family are Hondas, the other is a VW. Why do we keep buying them? They are cheap, reliable, easy to fix, gets good gas mileage. But, the average Hondas isn't a Ferrari and was never meant to be. Its like comparing apples to oranges. You can compare the NSX to a Ferrari, but not the rest.

Enzo Ferrari and Schichiro Honda had the same mentality with cars you build road cars/bikes and use the money for racing. Thats what makes both companies close to heart, and I would buy either in a heartbeat.

14. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    My first was a 360 with F1. Sport seats. Harness. Tubi. Good Stuff!

15. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    i would be extremley luck if my first F-Car could be a 355