Final Corso of 2019 | FerrariChat

Final Corso of 2019

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Dec 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Hey all, its time for Corso again!

Ya'll are invited I just ask that you drive your Ferrari to park with the group. we are rain or shine - but if its pouring rain - then we'll likely not be meeting up. Anywho, I hope you all will have a great holiday, and take some time off.

For me, this is my last event as FCA GA President, Paul Kuntz will be taking the lead in 2020. Thank you to everyone who participates in our group, I wish we could have done more! We do have a great group of guys in the FCA - and Ferrari Community in Georgia. Always appreciate the help and sponsorship from Ferrari- Maserati of Atlanta, ***************** and the Shops at Buckhead for their support.

Hope to see ya'll on Saturday!

Merry Christmas - Happy Hanukkah !!!!

Tom

Attached Files:

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    But no FCA holiday lunch/dinner/party?

3. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    Forecast looks great so far. 67 F and just partly cloudy. :)

4. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I'm going to do my best to be there.

sjd

5. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    If you make it I'd be interested in chatting about your Fiesta ST. It's time for a new daily driver and I'd like to get some type of hot hatch. Fiesta ST is on the list.

steved033 likes this.
  6. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I'll make it easy. Get one.

There are a few quirks, but what car doesn't have them?

sjd

7. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! Happy Holidays.

8. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Excellent! I didn’t think we’d have one this month. See you there.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Looking forward to Tom's reveal ;) and of course seeing everyone as well !

10. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    Which other cars did you consider? Focus ST or RS? Others marques?

11. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    I heard Tom is really only giving up his current rein to set up a secret ‘V12 Only’ club.

Gee thanks Tom.

12. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I was coming out of a Focus Electric lease, and I'd already driven a friend's Fiesta ST that was a blast. My first car was a Honda CRX, and I've always loved little cars. Mine's a 2016, and is coming up on 50k miles, because my commute is West Cobb to Norcross. I'm due for a set of tires, and the only really quirky thing it does is on a full tank, it'll stumble and try to stall when I come to the first stoplight. They say it's a faulty evap valve, but ford went to the shrink tube hoses on everything, so without the WHOLE assembly, you can't just replace the valve without cutting hoses. (but they'll sell you just the valve).

Not much else appealed to me, Veloster N wasn't out yet, and 30k for a focus ST and way more than that for an RS wasn't in my budget for a commuter. With around 200hp in 2700 lbs, Fiesta fit the bill.

sjd

911&F430 likes this.
  13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Na y’all are just fine by me!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Well Jim you are welcome to set it up! Too much stuff going on lately sorry to dissapoint

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

15. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    Yes, the Focus RS seems a bit much for a daily driver. At least for me. Am considering the Veloster N. Also, considering:

Fiat 500 Abarth
    GTI
    Golf R
    Civic Type R
    Civic Si
    Miata RF
    Mini Cooper S

16. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I'm 6'3 and HATED the 500 seating position. I felt like I was sitting ON the car, rather than in it. I'd forgotten I'd driven one, just not as a comparison.

Before the Focus Electric, I was on the hunt for a clean Mini JCW, but decided I didn't want the "supercharger headaches" (which were probably no big deal)

sjd

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'd suggest the Civic Si as a car which is still practical but yet fun to drive, without being "over the top" like the type R. One thing you need to decide is how much you're likely to need a back seat, if ever.

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  19. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    Which 500 variant did you drive? I've only driven the Abarth so can only speak to the seating position in that one but I would presume it is similar to the others. It was a bit "up high" so to speak, but that didn't really bother me. I just didn't like the shape of the seat backs. It felt like they were curved forward forcing you into a slightly hunched position whereas I prefer to sit up pretty straight.
    I love the exhaust note on the Abarth though. It was a very fun car in which to zip around. Just not ideal when I would need some luggage space and repair history isn't great.

I rented a manual Mini Cooper S when I was in Portland for the Indycar race and took it out of town for a few day trips that included some twisty roads. It was fun but for some reason didn't capture my fancy the way the Abarth did.

20. Ballvice

Ballvice Karting

Oct 19, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Frank Ball
    I’m new to the group. Would life to know more about this meetup and the FCA

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    It was an Abarth. My ST does not have the recaros, just the stock cloth seats. They're nice enough.

sjd

22. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Hey Frank,

The final Saturday of every month, we meet between American Cut and Shake Shack in Buckhead. Shops of Buckhead closes the side street for us to park. 3010 Bolling Way should get you there.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ballvice likes this.
  23. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    The Civic Si is surprisingly rare. I haven't had a chance to drive one yet. Seems more dealers have a Type R than an Si. The Honda dealer in my part of town only had one Si that had been sold before it even arrived. Another one supposed to arrive by the end of the year which should be pretty soon.

I rented a Type R earlier this year when in L.A. and drove it on the Angeles Crest Highway along with a few othere canyon roads. It's an impressive hot hatch. I like the styling but I can see the point of people who think it's over the top. And there are so many doo-dads and winglets on it, which create a lot of different surfaces to scrub when washing it (think that would be a bit of a pain).

The whole needing a back seat thing is a bit of a quandary. It's very, very rare for me to need one. Like once or twice a year, but that's still once or twice a year. Of the potential daily drivers I've tested so far the Miata was the most fun. Obviously no back seat there and not much luggage space. I do need to pick up big boxes of paper towels and Kleenexes from Costo now and then for my office (maybe those would fit in a Miata trunk?). Ah, geez, the compromises.

24. Ballvice

Ballvice Karting

Oct 19, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Frank Ball
    Awesome. What time?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta