FINALLY - Ferrari French Quarter Classic Pictures...!!! | Page 20 | FerrariChat

FINALLY - Ferrari French Quarter Classic Pictures...!!!

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by 134282, Dec 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    DES,
    GREAT PICS!!!!!!!

Love the pics with the yellow Enzo getting off the truck!

Could I ask you something..
    Who is the owner of the 288 GTO driving on the streets?

2. Jeru

Jeru Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    You are the man, I felt like I was there! :)

3. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sweetness!!! That made me so happy. Wonderful.

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #479 Chiaro_Slag, Dec 4, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Awesome pics!

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ok... i'm so glad everyone liked the pictures, i thoroughly enjoyed taking them... Now to back to everyone's comments and questions (In order of being posted)... :)

Thanks, Jordan... Yeah, the post count looks kinda healthy... :)

Thanks, Prugna... :) It took me almost a day, but i got them up... Wish i could've done the whole 441 in one shot... :)

i don't know why 52 wouldn't post, but it's actually pretty similar to 53, so i won't post it...

Picture 66 is Jackie Jouret, editor at Forza, standing right next to an F40; i didn't even know who she was at the time... :::hangs head in shame::: So close, yet so far... Sigh...

Jordan, yeah, those were the keys in #86; yeah, it was tempting... :)

Senna, yes, Jim Spiro owns the 1962 330 TRI/LM... When i heard that he used to drive his F50 to work, EVERYDAY and that now he drives his 330 almost everyday, i had to ask him; when i had the chance to speak with him, i said, "So do you really drive this thing to work...?"
    His reply: "3 or 4 times a week, yeah..."
    AWESOME!

ZJPJ, thanks - i actually didn't even notice the radar detector in the Enzo, but it's funny now that you've mentioned it... :)

No, Philip, thank YOU.

Psk, i was a little excited, yeah... :)
    The 330 is an acquired taste, i guess... :)

Brian, i'll see what i can do; PM about it if i forget... Favortism...? Naaaaaw...! :)

Spasso, Bolicious- thank you.

Slag, i'm going to try to explain this to the best of my ability, but it's possible i'll missquote some details and facts, so hopefully someone else will chime in and correct me... John Houghtaling has the whole story on this car; i'm just waiting on a faxed copy so that i, too, can know it in full... Upon receipt, i will post it, verbatim, if needed...

Ok, here goes...
    Back in '61-'62, Count Volpi approaches Enzo, asking Ferrari to build him a racecar. Enzo obliges, but finds out Volpi's just going to use it to race against him in the '62 Le Mans... Enzo tells Volpi to kiss off... Around the same time, Enzo was having problems with his top 7 guys and they ended up walking out on him... Volpi heard of this and contracted those fellas to work for him, building him the best racecar there ever was... Since Volpi couldn't get anything from Enzo, he took a 250GTO SWB and told the workers to build from that... They did, and hence, The Breadvan... Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe it's got the long back for added downforce... There certainly was no feeling of possible oversteer when John took me for a ride in it, around the track... :)
    Make no mistake, though, The Breadvan is not the length it seems in pictures... It was one of THE smallest cars at the entire event... The car is very low and not nearly as long as deceptive photography dictates...

Jimpo, the 308s and 328s that showed were beautiful...

Thanks, Matt... Yeah, i can still here the 360GTs, too... Funny how that works, huh...? :)

Thanks, Willis... :)

355Fiorano, sorry... i really love that car and couldn't help but keep taking pictures... In my opinion, i didn't take enough...

If you look closely in picture #323 (Page 18 if you read posts from olDESt to newest), you can see the reflection of an F40 in the door...

ZJPJ, it was an awesome opportunity to take these pictures - especially #319; where else will i see those 4 cars together, in such an array of colors...? Some of these pictures will make it to the print shop and i will have custom-made posters for my apartment...

Hubert, it was definitely not a sacrifice of time, it was time very well spent, but thank you... :)

#344 (page 19) is a personal favorite... :)

No, Ron, thank YOU. :)

Thanks, again, Jordan...

Dave, #346, as in the picture of The Breadvan engine...? It was truly a sight to behold...

John T, i believe the 288GTO that was driven on the streets belongs to Dan Heard, although, there were two 288GTO owners at the events... However, it was not Dan driving it, rather it was someone else... Dan was driving his Enzo... :)

Jeru, Eric, Slag, Tennlee- thank you... It was truly a wonderful event and i had an amazing time... It will be something i carry with me for the rest of my life... If there's a next time, i will most certainly take twice as many pictures...! :)

Thanks, everyone...!

7. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

Funny because that is just what happened!

8. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    great pictures DES.

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Shhhhhhh...!

:)

Thanks, Martin... Hey, if you see Ray, tell him i said hello... He won't know me if you say "DES", i don't think, but i was the last guy to get a ride in his Enzo on track day; & i'm pretty sure he was rather fond of my um, antics at the black tie ball on Saturday night... Mention those things to him and he might remember me... Tell him i said hello... Thanks, buddy... :)

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I gotta say the 288 were my favorite pics DES - It's my all time favorite Ferrari - Can't wiat to see it in real life!

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Slag, both 288s at the events were nice; the owner of the "other" 288 was a really nice fellow; him and his wife, both, actually... Matt and i had the pleasure of sitting and chatting with them at dinner at Louis the XVI on Friday night... :)

12. JNT

JNT Karting

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    great shots DES!

i like #326 - artsy shot of the enzo.

oh, and only a true fanatic takes pictures of ferrari's as paint reflections (333-335). you're the man :)

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, JNT, thanks... i actually have pictures of Bruce's TR & Augustine's 328 GTS reflected in a black Crossfire that i've yet to post... Soon, though... Soon... :)
    Glad you liked the pictures...

14. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Needed to fetch a few pictures from here; figured i might as well bring the thread back to life for all the new folks who haven't seen these pictures... :)

15. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Where was this event??

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    New Orleans, last October... They're doing it again this year in November... www.frenchquarterclassic.com... It was some serious fun... i was expecting my invitation for this year's event two months ago, but it hasn't come... i guess they don't like me anymore...